Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of coaches are worse than Hinkley. Most of them, probably. But that's not a bad thing for their clubs.

A great coach wins premierships. A bad coach gets cycled out and replaced, potentially by a great coach who might win a premiership. Where you don't want your club to be (especially if your club happens to have a pissweak board) is stuck with a middling coach who's not quite good enough to win anything of substance but not quite bad enough to have any one season that by itself justifies a sacking.

We'd be much better off if Ken was a worse coach. If Ken was a worse coach he'd have been cycled out by now and we'd have had another chance to find a great coach. But like the cockroach he is he's just managed to find a way to hit the exact sweet spot year after year between achieving something and getting sacked.
I'm not sure about this. I think we will start to see how bad a coach Hinkley really is, because this list is starting to drop off.
I know we have JHF, Rozee and Butters but before we had Gray and Boak with much better depth. Depth is about to become a real issue for us even more than what it already is. We drop away very quickly and next year our list is going to be very young. We will get told an average age but our median age will be very low. Anybody who thinks Evans is going to replace Houston in a meaningful way is about to get a HUGE shock. He's a good player but we underrated Houston massively.

Last edited:
Hinkley is "good" at making us a solid regular season side. That's what Koch wants from him, that's what he delivers.

But a coach worth talking about competes for and wins flags.

History will forget him.
History is laughing at Hinkley and Koch right now.

If the AFL media was allowed to say what it wants, they would be laughed out of the league.

Its why Grant Thomas is on the fringes for actually saying something real about Hinkley.

Hinkley is "good" at making us a solid regular season side. That's what Koch wants from him, that's what he delivers.

But a coach worth talking about competes for and wins flags.

History will forget him.
When do you ever hear people talking about the coaching of Rodney Eade, Terry Wallace, Gary Ayres, Leon Cameron these days? Outside of their own internal playing groups in those specific periods, nobody cares about them.

They are Hinkley's contemporaries. Although even three of the above got their teams to a GF.

History is unkind to coaches who lose grand finals, let alone those who don't even qualify for one.

When it ends, nobody outside of Koch and his minions will ever care or think about the fact this guy was a senior coach again.

Surely Carr has been given some assurances? I've always thought that if Hinkley wasn't dismissed prior to his contract ending that it would be a handover to Carr at the end of 2025. It seems quite obvious now that Hinkley is determined to see this through to the end, but i just hope that if Carr is the successor that they've assured him of the job from 2026 no matter what happens next year.

Surely Carr isn't going to Peter Costello his coaching career?

There could've even been an agreement in place of some sorts as far back as that terrible 2022 season, they probably haven't felt it was necessary to make public but i think the time is right now to come clean. Things have got too toxic from a suporter base point of view, where we've got a section of the supporter base actively barracking for losses so Hinkley can be sacked and it just isn't healthy to go into another season with that mindset. This section of the supporter base seems to be growing at a rate of knots too. Everything seems so disjointed at the moment.

Declaring that this is Hinkley's final season no matter what, might bring a few fans back and get most of the supporters back on the same page, and passionate about winning games of footy again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about this. I think we will start to see how bad a coach Hinkley really is, because this list is starting to drop off.
I know we have JHF, Rozee and Butters but before we had Gray and Boak with much better depth. Depth is about to become a real issue for us even more than what it already is. We drop away very quickly and next year our list is going to be very young. We will get told an average age but our median age will be very low. Anybody who thinks Evans is going to replace Houston in a meaningful way is about to get a HUGE shock. He's a good player but we underrated Houston massively.
The only coach who did worse relative to the list quality is Leon Cameron IMO. Ironically our other choice.

When do you ever hear people talking about the coaching of Rodney Eade, Terry Wallace, Gary Ayres, Leon Cameron these days? Outside of their own internal playing groups in those specific periods, nobody cares about them.

Rodney Eade’s the closest example.

Took over the Western Bulldogs at their lowest on-and-off field ebb since being considered merger fodder in the 80’s, landed a pair of big-ticket recruits in Akermanis and Barry Hall, and within 6 or 7 seasons had them in 3 consecutive Prelims — all super-competitive, hard-fought losses against Bomber’s Cats and Lyon’s Saints.

Resigned when he was told he wouldn’t be copping another contract midway through the very next season.

I don’t remember a single person in the media or in opposition fanbases accusing the Scray of being ingrates, or delusional, or BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!111.

Literally nobody remembers or cares, but we’re chained to f**king Ken Hinkley forever, or else.

Rodney Eade’s the closest example.

Took over the Western Bulldogs at their lowest on-and-off field ebb since being considered merger fodder in the 80’s, landed a pair of big-ticket recruits in Akermanis and Barry Hall, and within 6 or 7 seasons had them in 3 consecutive Prelims — all super-competitive, hard-fought losses against Bomber’s Cats and Lyon’s Saints.

Resigned when he was told he wouldn’t be copping another contract midway through the very next season.

I don’t remember a single person in the media or in opposition fanbases accusing the Scray of being ingrates, or delusional, or BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!111.

Literally nobody remembers or cares, but we’re chained to f**king Ken Hinkley forever, or else.
Eade also got the Swans into the GF, more than what dimwit has achieved.

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

2025 set to be a repeat of 2023's shitshow.

The only coach who did worse relative to the list quality is Leon Cameron IMO. Ironically our other choice.
I'm more prepared to give Cameron some allowances than Hinkley although from a playing perspective they come from a similar background (losers) and ironically Cameron as an assistant was a loser in a grand final while Stinkers was an assistant in the 07 zombie apocalypse.

GWS infrastructure and football knowledge base is likely to not be particularly strong and probably doesn't have wise heads to speak to. Stinkers would have had all these things and actively ignored them and probably hoped they'd go away.

Anyway you where I'm going with this. I'm bored now - Sack Hinkley

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Locked in for 2025.

Lol isnt it funny how the worst scenarios we dream of the club always manage to deliver on?

****ing useless.

Out: bRyan
In: bRyan

Amazing.

Locked in for 2025.

Indeed. It's not like we'd try to change the outcome by altering any of the inputs (except of course the $350 my membership would have cost).

I guess on top of that if we manage to string together a few wins, it'll be back slapping and new contract time. No reason why the Club would give supporters anything to actually look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back