Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

2025 set to be a repeat of 2023's shitshow.
LOL

The revenue thing is pretty false anyway. One, they could be making +4million if they were ****ing competent. If money motivates them then they are still doing a shit job leaving alot on the table.

Secondly, +1 mill is a furphy anyway since they increase membership prices every year.

Lol, you can just imagine Richo walking around windmilling about a $1.5 million uplift in revenue.

A company that turns over $65 million seeing an increase in revenue of $1.5 million is a 2.3% gain. Inflation currently running at 3.8% so real top line earnings actually down year on year.

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

2026?

Last edited:

If they don't announce a public succession plan for Carr to be coach in 2026 by the AGM in December, I'd go as far to say that anything goes and is fair game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Locked in for 2025.

I heard Bass on the radio today, just happened to be in the car when he was co-hosting on SEN with Dillon.

Bass would have more brains and nouse than 3/4 of the current coaching group put together.

Made it pretty clear he didn't see his sacking coming - lucky for him he's off to Melbourme, by himself, daughter in year 12 next year so he's obviously going to fly a lot.

Imagine being put through all that and Hinkley is still earning a bazillion dollars achieving nothing - he would be filthy and rightly so.

People should see how that guy speaks and articulates himself, then play some tapes of Hinkley, how the **** has stinkers been here for so long is beyond any normal business model - Koch and co are just all hoping it 'happens' - it wont.

Let's promote the single worst captain in the history of the Port Adelaide Football Club and employ him as a development / assistant coach. Fu*king lolololol.
Don't worry. Lobbe will upskill him and have him cherry ripe to take over from Hinkley's corpse.

Genuine question: what is the point of this (marginal) financial gain if it is not being used to properly fund the football department?

At the moment, we are a social club with a couple of football teams tacked on. You get the impression this board would get rid of them too if they could get away with it.

I reckon in Ken’s mind he wants to see through to the point where Butters, Rozee, JHF, Bergman, Luko, Georgiades and co collectively reach their peak years (25-28) which he thinks will give him a best chance to win one. No way is he voluntarily stepping down or agreeing to a succession plan. So by Koch’s definition of making the 8 being a pass mark and with our level of talent it’s a reasonable bet Ken’s here for a few more years. Koch is waiting for the easiest possible sacking to eventuate (us finishing low on the table) or we’re continuing with this current setup for the foreseeable future. The board is absolutely stacked, the football department remains the same, no one is changing anything. If Tredders did have a plan to gain enough numbers to remove the coach, I think it’s obvious that whatever work he’s put in isn’t enough.
He’s probably gone on the road to mentally recalibrate and get as far away from a hugely challenging, mentally exhausting process that failed to achieve what he was after.

Easy to bring in more revenue when you decrease the size of the coaching panel every year. Do they honestly think we wouldn’t notice?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coaching staff are an expense not revenue, that would have no impact on revenue.

I don't know what the price increases on everyone else's memberships were but mine was 6.8% after 7.4% last year. That's a massive amount of extra revenue they're sucking out of their loyal members like the veritable leeches they are in order to fund their own pay rises.

Genuine question: what is the point of this (marginal) financial gain if it is not being used to properly fund the football department?

At the moment, we are a social club with a couple of football teams tacked on. You get the impression this board would get rid of them too if they could get away with it.
That's pretty much exactly how one former board member described their approach to me.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back