Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Locked in for 2025.

No assistant coaching changes either. Chad was meant to move into a development role but that's out the window and they're sticking with the status quo, with Sutcliffe expected to fill the duties voided by the departure of Luke Kelly.

Too many decision makers in a position of comfort right now, and as supporters we are powerless to do anything about it.

2025 set to be a repeat of 2023's shitshow.

What happened?..

A couple questions for you Chewy?

1. Which footy committee members made the voted to keep Ken and which members voted to remove Ken.

2. Did David Koch or any other member on the board have any influence on Ken staying on.

3. Still staying on the topic of Ken do you what know his objectives are for next year. I.e Make a Grand Final appearance, make Finals etc…

3. Still staying on the topic of Ken do you what know his objectives are for next year. I.e Make a Grand Final appearance, make Finals etc…
Hinkley's objective for next year is to secure a contract extension and build his bank balance.

He said that after the fact.

Multiple senior decision makers at the club have all said privately in the last fortnight that Ken would be gone if they had gone out in straight sets.

Just announce the succession plan and move on.
They say a lot of things.

They don't do a lot of things though unfortunately.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What year (outside of 2023 and 2017) was there a time where they could have either let his contract expire or sacked him outright?

The financial issues of the club in conjunction with his long term contracts meant that many years he "should" have been sacked meant it was never even a realistic option to occur.

Ahh it all makes sense now.

We can't get rid of him when he has a contract
We can't get rid of him when he doesn't have a contract
We can't get rid of him when he bombs out of finals
We can't get rid of him when he doesn't make finals
We can't get rid of him when we are poor
We can't get rid of him when we are rich

It seems we underestimated the cunning of this fox.

5xVVlYON8feW5oM63HFhKwZ96_Q=.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going fine next year watch them sign Ken up mid year.

I have zero faith after this year they have the guts to make the hard call - After watching Koch at the B&F he has little intention of sacking Ken, close enough is good enough and we should all be grateful.

Smug campaigners the lot of them.
Agree even though I didn't watch any of the B&F. Couldn't face it. But the quotes from Koch seem quite defiant & I get the feeling he will back Ken forever.

What happened?..

A couple questions for you Chewy?

1. Which footy committee members made the voted to keep Ken and which members voted to remove Ken.

2. Did David Koch or any other member on the board have any influence on Ken staying on.

I very much doubt it got as far as a vote.

What year (outside of 2023 and 2017) was there a time where they could have either let his contract expire or sacked him outright?

The financial issues of the club in conjunction with his long term contracts meant that many years he "should" have been sacked meant it was never even a realistic option to occur.

Respectfully, the Club couldn't give two shits if yourself or anyone else for that matter threw in their memberships. The Club in terms of revenue is significantly up compared to this time last year (well over 1M).

No surprises here, this has been very obvious since he was still here a week after the finals exit. I suspect we've got a controlling group within the club telling the dissenting voices what they want to hear until it's time to actually make a decision.

We as supporters just need to make it as toxic as possible to prevent the extension.

Stickerman, if you're here, it's time to go again. Everyone else, banners, attend the AGM, call into 5AA when Tredders is on etc etc etc.

Respectfully, the Club couldn't give two shits if yourself or anyone else for that matter threw in their memberships. The Club in terms of revenue is significantly up compared to this time last year (well over 1M).

Typical of Koch et al to rest on their laurels while other clubs continue to streak ahead of us coming out of COVID.

"The club" are a pack of campaigners and those inside the club who disagree need to step down to blow the whole thing up instead of sitting on their hands.

Koch/Davies/Richardson etc are never going to come to the party. They're never going to make winning premierships a priority. They're going to keep their mates in the job and when they do leave they're going to salt the earth on the way out so that their replacements don't show them up.

Someone inside actually has to do something significant to break up the status quo, and take the inevitable bullets that will come with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back