Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

The excuses for not sacking him have now officially jumped the shark.
  • "Can't sack him because he's contracted and we can't afford the payout"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it's not August"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he made a prelim"; to
  • "Can't sack him because the numbers say he's the winningest coach in Port's history"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he doesn't have the cattle"; to
  • "Can't sack him because even if he does have the cattle he can't kick it for 'em"; to
  • "Can't sack him because who else are ya gonna get?"; to
  • "Can't sack him because remember tarps"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it isn't the SANFL anymore"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he's a good bloke"; to
  • "Can't sack him because you can see the job means so much to him and he deserves another crack"; to
  • "Can't sack him because there'll be a player exodus if he goes"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the B&F because of the look"; to
  • "Can't sack him before Trade Week because lucrative targets need to know who the coach will be"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the national draft because we will look like football hell to draftees and their parents"; to
  • "Can't sack him while heading into pre-season because it will be too disruptive"; to finally
  • "Can't sack him if the defining legacy of his career will be him being remembered for flapping his arms and making aeroplane noises like he's trying to feed a toddler brussels sprouts".
Did I miss any?
He wants the job.

The list is crap

He's a great motivator

He's sacrificed his career by playing younger players in the past

Good clubs don't sack coaches mid-season

He's got the support of the other coaches

He single-handedly saved the club

Don't judge him on one game; don't judge him by the whole season

We only hire from within and Josh Carr isn't ready yet

It'd be harsh to sack someone who's just made finals

The excuses for not sacking him have now officially jumped the shark.
  • "Can't sack him because he's contracted and we can't afford the payout"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it's not August"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he made a prelim"; to
  • "Can't sack him because the numbers say he's the winningest coach in Port's history"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he doesn't have the cattle"; to
  • "Can't sack him because even if he does have the cattle he can't kick it for 'em"; to
  • "Can't sack him because who else are ya gonna get?"; to
  • "Can't sack him because remember tarps"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it isn't the SANFL anymore"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he's a good bloke"; to
  • "Can't sack him because you can see the job means so much to him and he deserves another crack"; to
  • "Can't sack him because there'll be a player exodus if he goes"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the B&F because of the look"; to
  • "Can't sack him before Trade Week because lucrative targets need to know who the coach will be"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the national draft because we will look like football hell to draftees and their parents"; to
  • "Can't sack him while heading into pre-season because it will be too disruptive"; to finally
  • "Can't sack him if the defining legacy of his career will be him being remembered for flapping his arms and making aeroplane noises like he's trying to feed a toddler brussels sprouts".
Did I miss any?

Players love him, father figure… blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Charlton Athletic eventually drove out a hated owner who I think may still own the stadium. There are a number of instances mainly at the bottom end of English football where this happened. I believe it was Mansfield Town's owner was attacked by fans and soon after sold up.

Charlton Athletic eventually drove out a hated owner who I think may still own the stadium. There are a number of instances mainly at the bottom end of English football where this happened. I believe it was Mansfield Town's owner was attacked by fans and soon after sold up.
Are you saying 🤔 we should attack Koch? 😈

So we have 7 flag contenders and a further 7 different finals contenders, that's fairly broad I would have thought.
This a combination of ensuring right in retrospect (we tipped them for finals/flag!) and AFL direction to sell hope so Memberships are up (so they meet their KPI’s and get their bonuses).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back