Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

"Game Day Experience" obviously doesn't include winning games of football.

Even when winning, the "game day experience" sucks ass. Back in 2014, under the lights of the brand new Adelaide Oval and with the place heaving, yes, it was pretty bloody special. But the club has spent the better part of the past decade dining out on the kudos it received over it's matchday stuff and it jumped the freakin' shark years ago. It's actually bloody nauseating now, with NOVA style DJ's screaming at you, and the 120 minute rolling KFC ad turned up to eleven and damaging your brain cells. I was completely over it before all this Hinkley shit really hit the fan.

Even when winning, the "game day experience" sucks ass. Back in 2014, under the lights of the brand new Adelaide Oval and with the place heaving, yes, it was pretty bloody special. But the club has spent the better part of the past decade dining out on the kudos it received over it's matchday stuff and it jumped the freakin' shark years ago. It's actually bloody nauseating now, with NOVA style DJ's screaming at you, and the 120 minute rolling KFC ad turned up to eleven and damaging your brain cells. I was completely over it before all this Hinkley s**t really hit the fan.
Classic Koch move. Pitch what was an authentic connection with fans to potential sponsors like KFC as a selling point for advertising.

"Game Day Experience" obviously doesn't include winning games of football.
When I got those surveys asking "What can we do to improve your game day experience?" I'd always answer "just win farken!"

When it is all said and done, Koch will be remembered for hitching his wagon to a country bumpkin senior coach who he kept employed so long as to hold the record for the most amount of games coached at a single club (in one term) without making a grand final.

No winning, no trophies, continuously underdelivering on expectations, a decade plus of "professional bullshitting," and countless gaffes such as the Farris Brothers round 2, 2015 and the infamous throwing of the tea over the balcony in China.

When people ask about David Koch and Port Adelaide many decades from now, history will remember him in a simple sentence: the man in charge of Port Adelaide when it temporarily lost its way. That's his legacy - absolute futility.

The media are obviously going to have a field day with this. I wonder if Koch thought he could just dismiss Tredders as bitter, pull out the 'many other legends of the club' line and have the whole thing go away. Looking at the amount of support Tredders is getting and knowing he's up for the fight, Koch may have got more than he bargained for.
I am actually waiting for anyone one other than Kane actually speak out.

... the Farris Brothers round 2, 2015 ...
For me this was the lightbulb moment when it became clear that being the chairman of the PAFC was just a vanity project for Koch. It's all about him.

When it is all said and done, Koch will be remembered for hitching his wagon to a country bumpkin senior coach who he kept employed so long as to hold the record for the most amount of games coached at a single club (in one term) without making a grand final.

No winning, no trophies, continuously underdelivering on expectations, a decade plus of "professional bullshitting," and countless gaffes such as the Farris Brothers round 2, 2015 and the infamous throwing of the tea over the balcony in China.

When people ask about David Koch and Port Adelaide many decades from now, history will remember him in a simple sentence: the man in charge of Port Adelaide when it temporarily lost its way. That's his legacy - absolute futility.
He'll always be a point of reference for the successful times like 65-77.

They will look back and remember how even though Koch led the club totally astray they recovered and won flags again.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koch is a creature of traditional legacy media (network TV stations, radio, newspapers). It doesn't matter anymore if traditional media doesn't give Tredders a platform. They can't make him go away.

The goalposts have changed now with the internet (podcasts, social media). Tredders can't be silenced, and for that we should be grateful.
He's on 5AA every Monday and Friday, and this issue will be front and centre every time, until there's a resolution. Koch can't make it go away - like a snowball rolling down a hill, it's gathering size and momentum rapidly.

Last edited:
In the meantime it would be nice to have more public support for Tredders. Warren has started the ball rolling and attracted the attention of the media we need something to maintain the momentum. I guess a string of losses would help but the true believer in me does not want to see that.

"Port Adelaide Member Services, how can I help you?"
"Hi, Just had a concern about my membership"
"Sure, what is you member number"
"1"
"Sorry, 1?"
"1 Warren Tredrea, there's only 1 Warren Tredrea!"
beep

Cornes (G) just mentioned we may of paid for the privilege to wear the prison bars. Seems he had a message from someone he knows
He’s a flog just a way to make callers call in..horrible radio, I’m normally playing golf but listening to those idiots talk about port is hard to listen to.. **** knows how they are still on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back