dascman03

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
How can the Saints possibly win this week? They are missing all 4 key defenders in defence. In Penny, Maguire, Hudghton and Schwarze. Is there actually a way they can win? I can't see it, even if it is to Richmond. :confused:

Hahaha.. that's what essendon Supporters were saying last week.

You have 22 players named, we have 22 players named. If your 22 players play better than us, you will probably win.

This is how things work.

Oh and you will win bc we are ****!

I cant wait to see all the footy commentators go well thats great news for st kilda they have put all the bad form behind them with a great win and now look set to be a power in the finals.

But hey its only richmond :p

I actually went for richmond last week but their second half fade out made me turn off the tellie =/

Originally posted by dascman03
How can the Saints possibly win this week? They are missing all 4 key defenders in defence. In Penny, Maguire, Hudghton and Schwarze. Is there actually a way they can win? I can't see it, even if it is to Richmond. :confused:

add to that 2 more KKP's in Gehrig and Kosi while Hammil's struggling with a rib injury! it doesn't rain it pours!
this rate we'll have Aussie to play on Richo!
just hope the midfield can get the ball this week and reiwoldt's gonna have to kick another 9!

Originally posted by MSB ROYS
Decimated - is that when you win the first 10 games and then struggle?
(Don't worry the Saints will be playing well by the finals)
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 'decimated' referring to injury/suspension?
10 straight is pretty good. This year Port, Collingwood, Brisbane and Essendon have all struggled to remain competitive with lists impaired by injury/suspension.
The Saints will recover to some extent from this horror patch though how well will be a test of the players and coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Saints decimated

Originally posted by riccardo
Lucky its at the Dome, we can close the roof! ;)
We have the depth to cover our injuries, or if we are a real top side we should have.
We'll win easily.
You like tempting the footy gods don't you?
Team balance is a notoriously tricky thing to achieve, likewise restarting a stalled team.
Richmond have the players to win games, why they don't no-one knows. This could be the week they come out to play, in which case I question whether the Saints do have the depth.
Saints should win I agree, but are vulnerable.

Re: Re: Re: Saints decimated

Originally posted by riccardo
Lucky its at the Dome, we can close the roof! ;)
We have the depth to cover our injuries, or if we are a real top side we should have.
We'll win easily.

Care to name some of the players that will come in with the depth we apparently have?

From my estimation we'll have to play Sam Fisher in his 3rd game as our #1 key defender, play Matthew Ferguson in his 2nd game as another tall (even though he's barely 6'1), Brett Voss is 5'11 and we'll perhaps have to promote Nick Stone from the rookie list.

Riewoldt is a class defender but with Gehrig, Kosi and possibly Hamill out you would think he would be required to play as a key forward. Especially with his form from last week.

Call me pessimistic but I can't see how we can possibly hope to cover a forward line that includes Richardson, Ottens and Schulz as the marking options.

The Tigers are struggling but they have a big chance this week.

Re: Re: Saints decimated

Originally posted by realdeal
add to that 2 more KKP's in Gehrig and Kosi while Hammil's struggling with a rib injury! it doesn't rain it pours!
this rate we'll have Aussie to play on Richo!
just hope the midfield can get the ball this week and reiwoldt's gonna have to kick another 9!

trent knobel is also out. steven baker will play.
but there is no depth!! u only have 25 fit players to choose from!!

and there midfield is horribly out of form.

no chance.

looks like goddard, guerra, frankie! (peckett), and who else could come in? arghhh wolf man? hmmz wolf man is alright.. maybe the other clarke?? argh too many injuries! *crys*

U may have a lot of defenders out but it is still a hell of a lot better than ours. Our midfield without coughlin and campbell (bowden has to play back if he plays at all) aint strong. I would expect the Saints midfield to totally carve us up, maybe not first half, but certainly second.

Seriously Saints supporters dont try and build this game up as a game u might lose, so when u win u can act like u are back on track and everything (like Collingwood after they beat Hawthorn). Richmond will not win this game.

In all seriousness how can Riewoldt not kick 15 goals this week. No one to play on him, they will have plenty more inside 50's than against Melbourne (he kicked 9), the inside 50's will be of more quality as the players delivering the ball are under less pressure, and its at the dome. A certain bet for top goal kicker of the round me thinks.

basically, a well delivered ball into either forward line will probably result in a goal due the shizen defense of both teams.
this could be one of the greatest high scoring games since Ablett and Salmon both went bananas kciking double figures at the G that day in 93

Originally posted by medozaaaaaaaaaa
basically, a well delivered ball into either forward line will probably result in a goal due the shizen defense of both teams.
this could be one of the greatest high scoring games since Ablett and Salmon both went bananas kciking double figures at the G that day in 93

And, considering St. Kilda average nearly 20 (Yes, TWENTY) more inside 50's at the dome than their oppostion...I'd say we have a winner ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints decimated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back