Saints decimated

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Savatage
It IS a game we can very easily lose.

Nothing wrong with realism, pal.

Well go and back the tiges with the tab then, im sure u will get generous odds. We lost to Fremantle at home after being given given every chance to win, after that i am totally convinced we cant win again this season.

To the bloke that said it will be a high scoring game, maybe for the saints, but we never kick a high score.

Riewoldt to kick 15.

Originally posted by medozaaaaaaaaaa
basically, a well delivered ball into either forward line will probably result in a goal due the shizen defense of both teams.
this could be one of the greatest high scoring games since Ablett and Salmon both went bananas kciking double figures at the G that day in 93

Correct.

Neither club has their best defence in. Richo, Ottens and Schultz will have a field day if the ball comes down regularily.
By the same token Richmonds midfield is pretty threadbare so if the Saints win the clearances and with virtually the full forward line in place they could score heavily.

If Knobel is out Stafford and Ottens could dominate and negate the Saints clearances.

Will be interesting to see which team, both half full of VFL players can structure up best.

Conversely, could be the worst game since Saints v Sydney a couple of years ago.

Don't fret Saints supporters. I saw Richmond first hand last week & they were the worst side I've seen since Hawthorn mid last year. In the first Half Essendon were terrible & any reasonable side would have put 5-6 goals on us by half time but even though the Tiges had most of the play they couldn't get any system working. After half time we did step up a bit but they were simply non-existant. Essendon had their entire backline missing as well & even though Richo looked dangerous, their utility & midfield players were shocking & Richo was the only target they even tried to get it to. This will be a good chance for the saints to see exactly where their depth really is but I couldn't see Richmond beating the Kooweerup 3rds based on last weeks efforts.

Saints ARE decimated. Too many injuries to key players. When we are relying on Troy Schwarze to come up (which he cant), then we are desperate. Matt Fergason, Sam Fisher, Montagna, Guerra, Peckett, Brooks and Wulf are all very good shots at getting a game.

I dont think they will promote Stone.....yet. Although he has been one of the best performed for Springvale all year.

Voss, Peckett, Fergs, S.Fisher, Jones, Gram will most likely be their backline. Not too tall at all, but pretty mobile.

Richo could have a field day. So could Ottend FFS.

Make no mistake, this is a real worry for St.Kilda.

Originally posted by Joffaboy

Neither club has their best defence in. Richo, Ottens and Schultz will have a field day if the ball comes down regularily.

If Knobel is out Stafford and Ottens could dominate and negate the Saints clearances.

Well Stafford aint playin, this means ottens has to ruck entire game and wont be up forward.

Originally posted by MrChristo
And, considering St. Kilda average nearly 20 (Yes, TWENTY) more inside 50's at the dome than their oppostion...I'd say we have a winner ;)

thank god we play at the dome this week.

I reckon we avrage about 135 points or 20-21 goals a match there as well.

24 players + 1 rookie to choose from! Far out. How you can make a proper team out of that I don't know. But if we win it will be huge, even against the tigers!

Originally posted by Munga
24 players + 1 rookie to choose from! Far out. How you can make a proper team out of that I don't know. But if we win it will be huge, even against the tigers!

Sydney had just 20 players at training after the port game...luckily they had the week off though.

Originally posted by 7WINMAR7
Saints ARE decimated. Too many injuries to key players. When we are relying on Troy Schwarze to come up (which he cant), then we are desperate. Matt Fergason, Sam Fisher, Montagna, Guerra, Peckett, Brooks and Wulf are all very good shots at getting a game.

I dont think they will promote Stone.....yet. Although he has been one of the best performed for Springvale all year.

Voss, Peckett, Fergs, S.Fisher, Jones, Gram will most likely be their backline. Not too tall at all, but pretty mobile.

Richo could have a field day. So could Ottend FFS.

Make no mistake, this is a real worry for St.Kilda.

Exactly.

Blake has been named at full back which is a worry. He struggled initially because he was played as a key defender and was pushed aside far too easily. Much like Troy Schwarze these days. Ferguson has done really well for Springvale but ideally it would have been nice for him to eased into the team rather than be exposed against a far bigger and stronger opponent.

If we can beat them out of the midfield we'll need one of the taller forwards to stand up. You'd reckon Riewoldt will be double or triple teamed at every opportunity so if we can get some goals from an unlikely source it will be a massive advantage. Oh, and a contribution from Guerra and Milne would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by banzai
Well go and back the tiges with the tab then, im sure u will get generous odds. We lost to Fremantle at home after being given given every chance to win, after that i am totally convinced we cant win again this season.

To the bloke that said it will be a high scoring game, maybe for the saints, but we never kick a high score.

Riewoldt to kick 15.

if they are good odds i probably will.
far from a one-sided game, and if the Tigers get their tails up early, look out Saints !

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints decimated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back