Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i did in the post you've quoted. He's got a great kick so he takes more risks with the ball. More risks means higher chance of turnovers.

They're not like the turnovers that completely miss the target by a few metres. Most of Websters would hit the target if opponents didn't intercept because he's taking risks to try break down the zone if that makes sense.
webster is a great kick but common...a lot of his turnovers this year have been gilbertesque. it is a major flaw in his game and it can't be ignored just because of the higher risk. having said that once he cleans it up he has many elite qualities that will make him a very very good player.

I like jimmy hes tough but his decision making is awful. Your either born with footy smarts or your not. Like dennis commetti says "goal kicking cant be taught your born with it". His competitor Rice on the other hand is a brute fantastic mark has speed and is clinical with his possesion. I know what i would prefer. Good problem to have the cream always rises to the top.

Rice is fit asf

315814_4e5cb8523c6b85b65b0fe3e4e83adb0d.jpg

Great positivity Joffa... this is a bit unlike you.

You can expect two things from Billy next week... he won't be intimidated by Mummy & will try to hurt him back.

If he can limit his influence around the ground then it'll will go a long way to influencing how our midfield goes.
Call it as I see it mate. Just my opinion. Think Longer has not developed yet.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Call it as I see it mate. Just my opinion. Think Longer has not developed yet.

Hope he proves me wrong.
I think I'm sitting on the fence with the ruckmen. Whilst I believe Longer still doesn't do enough around the ground, we look much better in the stoppages with him in the ruck.

I think I'm sitting on the fence with the ruckmen. Whilst I believe Longer still doesn't do enough around the ground, we look much better in the stoppages with him in the ruck.

I don't see anyone arguing that Billy doesn't needs to get more involved.

I was just surprised that his work in the ruck wasn't being recognised & in some cases was being criticised. It's no coincidence IMO that our work around stoppages has improved out of sight since Billy came back in.

Just a bloody fantastic win yesterday, watching the replay right now & it's even better the 2nd time!

Websters no 1 for defensive turnovers in the league. Tell me how does that make him magnificent?

The same way that Jack Steven is number one for clangers makes him magnificent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like jimmy hes tough but his decision making is awful. Your either born with footy smarts or your not. Like dennis commetti says "goal kicking cant be taught your born with it". His competitor Rice on the other hand is a brute fantastic mark has speed and is clinical with his possesion. I know what i would prefer. Good problem to have the cream always rises to the top.
Stewart Loewe disagrees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. I dont believe that for a second.

Even Gilbert in the ruck looked ok against that rabble.

Mumford will destroy Longer and by proxy their midfield will get first use.
I was taking the piss.

Yes. If Billy can develop around the ground he could be like Gawn eventually

The amount of times he does this during games is terrific.. Constantly breaking tackles and getting through traffic with ease.
How's that raw pace from him as well? I remember some people thinking he was treacle slow, but I'm fairly sure he's always just had that running ability masked by his fairly laconic style.

Managed to catch Sanderson on MMM today. He made a valid point in terms of player experience and shared experience.

I recalled 2009 when we were a well drilled machine. And frankly, I reckon this is what we lack.

Just lime our back 6 us getting better each week, the sane goes for the entire team.

Natural talent is there, but shared experience is not. It will come with time, and IMO explains much of our inconsistency.

Predict another strong back half of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back