Saints v Pies: The Aftermath

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. Have you ever considered the fact that people bag Shenton because they don't think he is up to it and will not be a part of our next tilt. It is not because they are trolls or they enjoy being negative it is just they do not rate him.

I've seen all his AFL matches and about 15-20 times in the VFL and my opinion of him has not changed. A fine VFL footballer not quite up to it at AFL level. Has a bit of dash, provides some pace, but does not judge the ball very well in flight, turns it over and makes to many bad decisions for a defender.

He's just warming the bench for someone better.

Agree. On a good day when he has a suitable matchup (someone younger and smaller than him) and there is little pressure in the game, Shenton can be effective. But put him on a quality opponent against a team that applies pressure and he is exposed. He was on Swan whenever he went forward against Collingwood and was absolutely destroyed. He times his spoils well but has poor decision making and skills under pressure. He reminds me of a less talented Raph Clarke (and I wasn't a Raph hater - he did a lot of good work but his customary 2-3 clangers were just too costly). I'd much rather see any of Webster, Acres, McKenzie or Murdoch in Shenton's spot.

11148604_997240020308509_689671780186084790_n.jpg

Patty found out he was definitely in at 6.50pm!

Reckons he was nervous, rushed and a bit flustered...not really the ideal debut...not really enjoyable for him too.

Thinks he might go back this week:(
His agility when the ball hit the deck, his lateral movement and his pace on the lead was fantastic...

He was likened to Jarryd Roughead in some quarters before the draft and he looked it in flashes on Friday night.

Roughead had 28 touches, 8 marks and kicked 7.3 on the weekend; Paddy might not get that amount of possessions up forward, but sooner rather than later he's going to pull out a game like that.

963743-c1d79884-bb25-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Get on the Paddy Wagon... He's going to be a gun.

Thinking back over all the players in the competition we could have had over the past ten years, I don't think I'd prefer anyone over nick riewoldt, there's just something so exciting about high flying fowards. Sure, maybe an abblet or a judd could have secured us a premiership, but for purely entertainment value, key forwards kicking bags just get me going! :O So glad we nabbed paddy, reckon he's gonna be a champ. I'm excited about his prospects below his knees (get your mind out of the gutter), the one blight of roo was the ground ball, not that he was terrible, but that spin paddy produced the other night before hitting the Bill on the chest, zing!

His agility when the ball hit the deck, his lateral movement and his pace on the lead was fantastic...

He was likened to Jarryd Roughead in some quarters before the draft and he looked it in flashes on Friday night.

Roughead had 28 touches, 8 marks and kicked 7.3 on the weekend; Paddy might not get that amount of possessions up forward, but sooner rather than later he's going to pull out a game like that.

963743-c1d79884-bb25-11e4-a005-b478f5906d65.jpg

Get on the Paddy Wagon... He's going to be a gun.
I agree with the Roughead comparison and that's why I like why Paddy is "undersized". The less lumberers in the team the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back