Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

SPS for Brander is about right, a no brainer and may turn out positive for both teams, Sam perhaps undervalued somewhat but being an OOC player and having checked out, we got very little say.

Similar ceilings on their exposed form IMO, but I don’t think we’re that keen on Brander and Young has now requested a trade to the Blues.

WCE offering pick 52 for SPS, slightly overs from them but worth a gamble if they can de-carltonise him.

WCE will eventually part with a 3 rd rounder, perhaps something more , SPS is homesick and there’s a pandemic rampaging ,difficult for any club in the competition to be too obstinate to not do the trade.
Just didn’t work for SPS, tried hard. Almost played 100 games as a Blue , talented player when he applies himself, too conditional but very talented, we wish him all the very best for his future footy, back home.

Similar ceilings on their exposed form IMO, but I don’t think we’re that keen on Brander and Young has now requested a trade to the Blues.
Agree, I’m happy with Lewis Young a 202 cm, versatile tall player , plenty to like about him , if his application and professionalism towards preparedness are ok he’ll succeed. AFL demands a certain critical standard, ones committed or they’re out.

Cats think a mid-2nd rounder isn't enough for Clark (granted, he's contracted) but SPS who's shown a great deal more is worth 52?

Yeah, nah.

We have a few years on the table for him and should be pushing for a top 30 pick at least. Even then, that's a bitter pill to swallow given the kid's talent. Damn shame it hasn't worked out.

IMHO pick 52 is spot on the money. Question is will 52 get them Lewis Young? ( pretty close you would think maybe a tad few more points to help pay for Darcy might be needed - but its close.)

Last edited:
Cats think a mid-2nd rounder isn't enough for Clark (granted, he's contracted) but SPS who's shown a great deal more is worth 52?

Yeah, nah.

We have a few years on the table for him and should be pushing for a top 30 pick at least. Even then, that's a bitter pill to swallow given the kid's talent. Damn shame it hasn't worked out.

Clark is 20 playing for a contender with a strong list and Geelong dont want to lose him.

SPS has had 5 years in a developing side and is now being pushed out by better players. Commentators say no big loss.

That's the bottom line.

Yeah, nah.

May as well spin the wheel if you’re the Cats. They don’t have to trade Clark if they don’t want to, and they’d actually probably be advised to keep him and see how he goes off a back flank.

SPS’ value by contrast has dropped completely the past couple of years. No longer a young player, and hadn’t had a statistically big game since 2019.

Reckon he could became a handy role player, which was essentially what he’d become at the Blues, but I can’t imagine him kicking on at the Eagles either.

Not gonna be swayed either way. 52 is offensive and I hope reports are true weve knocked it back. 29 or bust. Id rather see Austin hold strong and lose him if needs be or get Vossy to convince him to stay.

I don't care what anyone says about his flailing value (media driving this hard), he's worth more to us than a pick in the 50s.

If its pick 52 then that's a reflection on SPS himself and not the club. He is a player that basically doesn't compete and there isn't really a spot in the AFL for the likes of him. Doubt he will be in the system for too much longer no matter what club he is at. Blues have to just accept that he was a very poor choice at pick 6 and wasted that pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being forced to trade SPS for p52 is an insult to the club and if Sam is not cooperating and acting immaturely, let him walk to the draft, why accommodate irresponsible behavior ? Sam's a professional sportsman , we need to send a firm signal of expected conduct, there's zilch compensation for the club, so no loss.
Important to take a firm stance, for the integrity of future trades .

Being forced to trade SPS for p52 is an insult to the club and if Sam is not cooperating and acting immaturely, let him walk to the draft, why accommodate irresponsible behavior ? Sam's a professional sportsman , we need to send a firm signal of expected conduct, there's zilch compensation for the club, so no loss.
Important to take a firm stance, for the integrity of future trades .

52 is pointless, no reason to do the deal. Let him walk, Freo pick before WC in the pre-season, his problem.

Hopefully as I have reservations on us picking him up.

But freo won’t if SPS refuses to speak to them and says it’s WCE or take a year off.

Not like it’s arguing over Lance Franklin.

So why go to the trouble of pissing off another club? A pick in the late 20's or 30's for a bloke that went at pick 6 and has virtually identical stats to Cerra over the first four years of their careers.

It's nothing like the Martin trade where Carlton offered a first round pick.

Not gonna be swayed either way. 52 is offensive and I hope reports are true weve knocked it back. 29 or bust. Id rather see Austin hold strong and lose him if needs be or get Vossy to convince him to stay.

I don't care what anyone says about his flailing value (media driving this hard), he's worth more to us than a pick in the 50s.

Pay him appropriately then. Not 1 year on minimum money.

Pick in 50s is appropriate for that. No one else would give more.

So why go to the trouble of pissing off another club? A pick in the late 20's or 30's for a bloke that went at pick 6 and has virtually identical stats to Cerra over the first four years of their careers.

Doesn’t take a lot for Carlton to be pissed.

You feel we should give you extra draft picks due to your inability to not be arrogant?

Stats stats stats. Offer him a 5 year deal on $700k if you feel he is worth as much as cerra.

You never offered a first round pick for Martin and he was on Big big money. You offered a bunch of junk draft picks that “equate” to a first rounder.

If cerra has same stats, then why don’t you save money and play sps in same position then? Why go for cerra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back