Game Day SANFL Semi-Final - Crows vs Roosters @ Adelaide Oval 3:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

North have the worst supporters in the league, real nasty streak some of them have.

A lot of them are real losers.
That's amusing as I thought it was common knowledge that Norwood had the worst supporters, and that's not just my opinion, but other clubs supporters too.

Anyway, you'll soon realise that w@nkers are in all walks of life and are unavoidable, and no one is immune from them regardless of what team you support.

From memory, the clubs original SANFL entry submission guaranteed a certain amount of supporters would attend and buy tickets, with no $500k to the SANFL/clubs.

This was rejected and then the fee was introduced $400k at the time, no longer a crowd guarantee but in exchange for the $50k per club, our members would get access to SANFL matches.

Is this still the case?

So I guess potentially, there could be no fee, but then our members would have to pay for their own tickets rather than it be included in their membership.

I guess as supporters we pay eitherway.

We’d only travel interstate for 11 weeks.. maybe 9 or 10 if one ofthe teams was the Powa reserves team..

Although then the AFL would have to pay for the interstate team to travel to us..

Anyway… ot would be a further nail in the SANFL coffin.. and fxxk them.. they treat the crows as a cash cow and then rig the umpiring against us..

I put 22 weeks as the AFL would expect us to pay for the incoming teams, forgot all about Port - would only be 20 weeks.

So what do Port pay to play in the SANFL these days?

I know that they have the same SANFL player eligibility rules as us for finals, but assume that they pay less to play while getting the bonus of home games at Alberton.

Fairly sure Port pay zero yearly fee for the pleasure of playing in the SANFL, vaguely recall something something they were a foundation SANFL club.

Happy to be corrected.

Fairly sure Port pay zero yearly fee for the pleasure of playing in the SANFL, vaguely recall something something they were a foundation SANFL club.

Happy to be corrected.

Think I've seen it mentioned that they've opted out of some distributions, maybe from the West Lakes sale or something.

That's amusing as I thought it was common knowledge that Norwood had the worst supporters, and that's not just my opinion, but other clubs supporters too.

Anyway, you'll soon realise that w@nkers are in all walks of life and are unavoidable, and no one is immune from them regardless of what team you support.

You're a long time North supporter, unless you never go to games you'd be lying if you had no idea what I'm talking about.

North have the worst supporters in the league, real nasty streak some of them have.

A lot of them are real losers.
Why would someone switch alliances when the crows came in?

I stuck by North but would gladly see the crows do well

I'm torn because the Poort supporters would be absolutely hysterical if the crows won an SANFL premiership

Why would someone switch alliances when the crows came in?

I stuck by North but would gladly see the crows do well

I'm torn because the Poort supporters would be absolutely hysterical if the crows won an SANFL premiership

You quoted the wrong post?

I've said nothing on that subject.

Central supporters in the 80's were almost as bad as collingwood supporters

You think the AFL doesn't pay for clubs to travel to games in its comps?
It is time to move on, and the SANFL fans can GAGF, we'll keep our money then. Sick of Rowey carrying on about it too, one day he'll realise that it is a 2nd tier comp and has been for 30 years.
Think you're being hard on Olsen though, and just plain making up his love for the SANFL. He screwed us when at the SANFL because that was his job, and the clowns that were at the AFC then let him
The AFC was set up as nothing more than a cash cow for the SANFL. That has no doubt contributed to the psyche of the club's admin and a large percentage of the supporters. That is most likely changing now as kids grow up not having lived in the SANFL glory days. How many people really give a shit about Glenelg or West Adelaide? Why should we be propping the league up, especially as they dislike us as much (if not more) than they hate Port?

If we are giving them a dump truck full of money for the Thebarton lease, hopefully that means we are severing ties with them and can join the eastern states reserves comp.

You're a long time North supporter, unless you never go to games you'd be lying if you had no idea what I'm talking about.
Haven't gone to footy regularly for many years. I was a Saturday arvo golfer for the majority of my adult life, and now have other commitments on a Saturday arvo, so seems I have no idea what you are talking about.

I still stand by my statement that ALL clubs have w@nkers amongst their supporters.

Haven't gone to footy regularly for many years. I was a Saturday arvo golfer for the majority of my adult life, and now have other commitments on a Saturday arvo, so seems I have no idea what you are talking about.

I still stand by my statement that ALL clubs have w@nkers amongst their supporters.

That goes without saying, some more than others.

You can start by analysing the supporters on this board. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I view this years premiers as a win/win/win

1) North win = Well, my SANFL team wins

2) Norwood wins = I look forward to the day Norwood gets their 35th SANFL Premiership and overtake Port's total

3) Adelaide wins = Will be hilarious watching Port fans discredit it, yet go on and on claiming they have 36 (when they really have 34 - 98-99 was won by another club which they merged with). Why do yours count and ours doesnt?

So what do Port pay to play in the SANFL these days?

I know that they have the same SANFL player eligibility rules as us for finals, but assume that they pay less to play while getting the bonus of home games at Alberton.
Port don’t pay to have a reserves team, they agreed to for-go their rights as a foundation club to dividends from the sale West Lakes.

And in news that will surprise absolutely no-one, Andrew Moore has received a $125 fine for attempting to send Pedlar into an early retirement.

Absolutely, getting abused by CD supporters with Pommy accents was quite funny actually.
Got hit by an umbrella by a woman running out of the race WTF, 😂😂😂 partner at the time and other players partners were spat on while waiting outside the change rooms from supporters above in the Grandstand, that was the last time I ever took my partner to the Ponderosa

As a way back Norwood supporter always thought the Centrals suppoters were the worst. And obviously Port. Oddly thr AFL Dogs ones are also pretty toothless even the ones that appear to be locals when they play at Manuka

Nope, can't agree. I've been following North for 40yrs and won't change because the Crows enter the comp. It's likely Crows won't be in the SANFL forever anyway.

I have commitments on a Saturday arvo so don't get to watch much SANFL footy, but I am only interested to see how our young blokes go. I couldn't care less if the Crows SANFL team is winning or losing, but understand that it's better for their development to be winning, or being competitive at the least.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a similar POV on this.
I have a similar outlook to you on this one. My Dad grew up in Prospect so was a mad North fan, and when we were kids thats who we followed before the Crows came in. Since the Crows have existed, they have gradually become my main team to support and now they are my main focus. But I still follow the results in the SANFL and try to get to a couple of North games each year, just not as much as I would like.

I only would watch the Crows reserves team to follow the progress of our younger kids, I don't care if they win lose or draw each week. Where as I want to see North win each week and it would be huge for me and my family if they could win the SANFL flag, 2018 was amazing after a long stretch without a flag.

As a way back Norwood supporter always thought the Centrals suppoters were the worst. And obviously Port. Oddly thr AFL Dogs ones are also pretty toothless even the ones that appear to be locals when they play at Manuka
Central supporters are terrible. Always have been

Was it the 1995 grand final when they played Port that some of them turned up with dead magpies on the end of sticks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day SANFL Semi-Final - Crows vs Roosters @ Adelaide Oval 3:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back