SC Defenders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would probably avoid. Went 8 weeks without cracking the tonne last year and with LRT struggling for fitness and C.Bolton out for who knows how long, he'll be our number 1 defender. Just can't see him improving on the 89, would love to be proved wrong though.

Thanks mate. Will cross him off my list.

No idea at this stage to be honest! What was Everitt's TOG avg like at the Dogs when he played? I'd imagine he'd get a decent crack with us, but how that translates into points i'm not sure. I'd say he could possibly improve on his 64 avg from last year though. Rhyce Shaw could probably pick up on his avg of 70 which was 24 points on avg down from 2009. But that'd be it defender wise for us. Unfortuntely no Malceski's of 2010 sitting in there i'd say.

This year with Mal gone and Kennelly having a slow preseason - Shaw ready for another break out year?

I have no actual stats to confirm this, and considering no one ever seems to consider him, he is probably a bad choice but Mattner has always been a favorite of mine to watch from his Adelaide days. Plays the same, rebounding out of defence role. Is he fit and firing this pre-season?

Almost certain Mattner's role has changed at Sydney.
IIRC he is more of a defensive type now to go with gameplan. This looks to be reflected in his scores with a 20 point drop over 3 years at Sydney.

Almost certain Mattner's role has changed at Sydney.
IIRC he is more of a defensive type now to go with gameplan. This looks to be reflected in his scores with a 20 point drop over 3 years at Sydney.

The 20 point drop in Mattner from his first season would be due to Malceski fit and Kennelly back from Ireland.

I think the points from Malceski will be split between Shaw, Mattner, Kennelly, Grundy, Everitt and even a Rohan. The only one I have considered is Everitt.

The 20 point drop in Mattner from his first season would be due to Malceski fit and Kennelly back from Ireland.

I think the points from Malceski will be split between Shaw, Mattner, Kennelly, Grundy, Everitt and even a Rohan. The only one I have considered is Everitt.

Why would you not consider Rohan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have enough cash to upgrade Broughton to Deledio but dunno if its worth it or not. Will Deledio score enough more than Broughton to be worth the upgrade or should I bank my 20K
Deledio is a safer option. Less injury prone and is consistent. Broughton is a gun in his own right but has only played 2 seasons and both of them he got injured in.

When they're both fit they're both great scorers, so I guess it really depends on if you think Broughton is worth risking $20k on?

hate to throw another name in the mix for everyone to consider but Andrejis Everitt was the swans leading possession getter today in the praccy against Saints... Could he be the Malceski of this year?! Swans fans may know some more?...

"Everitt was the Swans highest possession winner with 27 disposals while Kieren Jack also got plenty of the ball and had 23 touches."
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/109251/default.aspx

hate to throw another name in the mix for everyone to consider but Andrejis Everitt was the swans leading possession getter today in the praccy against Saints... Could he be the Malceski of this year?! Swans fans may know some more?...

"Everitt was the Swans highest possession winner with 27 disposals while Kieren Jack also got plenty of the ball and had 23 touches."
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/109251/default.aspx

We were talking about him on the previous page. :p

Pretty sure he's set for a role on the HB line, but i'm not sure how much he'll get points wise, if i had to guess i'd say 80-85 at the most. But don't take my word on that one, but should play 22.

Had bock locked in from day 1 but now starting to have my doubts. he is currently my d5
dont want to upgrade him but cant really find anything appealing in the 350k-400k (maybe hurley)

is it worth dropping all the way down and taking a punt on someone like e. wood or stick with bock?

Deledio is a safer option.

FWIW, Deledio's had an interrupted pre-season Ed (bruised heel most recently IIRC) and he was blowing very hard after our last practice game. Nothing serious on either the injury or lack of fitness front, but fair to say he's highly unlikely to be 100% for the first game or two, maybe longer.

Don't know enough about Broughton's pre-season to compare them, but I would agree Deledio's the safer bet over the long term - as long as people bear in mind he may be a slow starter.

Is Otten gonna play or what?

Some Crows fans don't have him in their round 1 side.

I was just about to bring this up. He seems borderline. Would Robbie Tarrant be a better option for the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back