Scott Thompson reported for headbutting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in it, if its what they showed over and over again on the replay. He lowered his head, and barley made contact. Rubbish report.

And wrestling.
:thumbsdown:

Heard one radio station,(maybe ABC) say they didn't think much was in it, also think Michael Christian said the same on the tv................. then jumped in the car to go down the street, heard another radio station say it looked very ordinary WTF :eek:

I didn't think it made contact, or was even an attempt! Down here in Tassie, we call that "Foreplay" .......... whatever that is???? :confused:

It was a smart match-up. Grima would've probably been better it terms of being able to hold Hall, but Thompson was always going to get to him eventually.

Thompson's cheap tricks

It was a smart match-up. Grima would've probably been better it terms of being able to hold Hall, but Thompson was always going to get to him eventually.
Thompson:thumbsdown: was relentless on Hall and the umpires stood there and watched it happen. At least North Melbourne got a few cheap goals out of it. Hell, you needed them. :eek:

If the match review panel is consistant then Scott could be very well much in trouble. Jackson brushed Brown last week and got 3 weeks for headbutting.

thompson was great today. i saw the incidents - it all happened right in front of me.

thommo will be ok - he was mainly headbutting hall's forearm. hall is a thug and should stand-down. the doggies will never win a flag because in a final someone will get into hall and there goes the game.

thommo wasn't going to be intimidated or put up with any sh!t today and he was one of our best.

whereas hall is essentially just a violent fella with anger management issues who for all his "toughness" never seems to, say, go back with the flight of the ball a la a more "pretty-boy" player like Riewoldt or a carey used to.

go you roos and keep at it thommo - you have our full support for the way you play and you were one our best today.

as for hall, acker, and the little weak-knee-fall-to-the-ground eagleton's of this world - well you can't take the dog out of the dogs. you will never win a flag and any sympathy for your plight just dissipated today.

Re: Thompson's cheap tricks

Thompson:thumbsdown: was relentless on Hall and the umpires stood there and watched it happen. At least North Melbourne got a few cheap goals out of it. Hell, you needed them. :eek:

Spare me. Are we meant to feel sympathetic towards Hall?
The bloke is a loose cannon, good on Thompson for not being afraid of him.
He's just a sulking bully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare me. Are we meant to feel sympathetic towards Hall?
The bloke is a loose cannon, good on Thompson for not being afraid of him.
He's just a sulking bully.

LOL, take it easy. Who is sulking over being thrashed by 70 points? Thompson should get at least 4 weeks suspension for his cheap tricks. As for the Doggies never winning a flag. LOL. Time will tell.

McMahon pushed his head down with his knee, it's not like he struck him with the knee.

Rubbish thing to do, deserved a free kick, but not reportable.

Thompson got inside Hall's head, but by then he was so riled up he couldn't pull himself back. The key to niggling is discipline & restraint, Thompson took it too far and it distracted the whole backline - and ultimately did the team more harm than good.

And cheers for coming in here to gloat, w@nkerRgR8. F*ck off back to your own board you flog.

sure north have a long way to go. but we're a young team and we'll get there.

hall should have called it quits last year - he's out of control and couldn't handle it when someone stood up to him.

with the roos likley to be out of it this year i had a soft-spot for the dogs but that all went today. with germs like acker and eagleton and a gutless spearhead like hall who will blow his top when things don't go his way you don't have the ticker to win 3 finals.

hall is gutless. he's a bully. but he never goes in for the ball - just tries to box on. and walked straight passed without shaking his hand at the end.

good on thommo for not putting up with his cr@p. can't wait til we play you again - we kick straight and we'll have your measure.

i reckon you'll be keeping the "we've only won one flag" tag for a while yet.

McMahon pushed his head down with his knee, it's not like he struck him with the knee.

Rubbish thing to do, deserved a free kick, but not reportable.

Thompson got inside Hall's head, but by then he was so riled up he couldn't pull himself back. The key to niggling is discipline & restraint, Thompson took it too far and it distracted the whole backline - and ultimately did the team more harm than good.

And cheers for coming in here to gloat, w@nkerRgR8. F*ck off back to your own board you flog.

I wasn't gloating. Just telling it how it is.

Weak! Forget that Barry throws his elbows back when ever he feels like it. Problem is Dogs are soft and every time North went hard in the contest their was an outcry of crimes against humanity for the bulldogs. Your lot are so far off winning a flag its not funny. Oldest group in the league verse youngest and you talk about being bullied. We had just as many scoring shots as you guys and more inside fifties. A firstgamer at full forward and a bloke who hasn't played ten games of AFL at CHF - you guys really deserve a pat on the back. Can't wait till Drew and Hale return.

LOL, take it easy. Who is sulking over being thrashed by 70 points? Thompson should get at least 4 weeks suspension for his cheap tricks. As for the Doggies never winning a flag. LOL. Time will tell.

Am I sulking over the loss? Where did I do that? And I never said the Dogs wouldn't win a flag. Just because they never win them usually doesn't mean a thing, I actually reckon they'll go all the way this year, and I hope they do.
BUT that won't stop Hall being a weak bully. He has always been one. Not all that tough to whack blokes. He might have changed teams but he can't change his spots.
As for Thompson getting four weeks for his "cheap tricks"...LOL. Did you used to say the same thing about Libba? Who did much worse much more often?

I wasn't gloating. Just telling it how it is.

wait and see? yeah how long have we heard that for!!

another prelim final for the dogs methinks.

you can't take the dog out of the dogs champ... now as you've been so kindly asked, f*ck of back to your own board and that one flag you'll be stuck on for another few decades.

hall = weak. acker = germ.

Good on Thommo for sticking it into him. Hall tries to Bully and intimidate and consistantly walks the line in whats acceptable behaviour.

He bitches to the umpires all the time about rough treatment but he deliberately goes out to hurt people himself.

Hes still a good player, but his best is past him as we saw today. For the Bulldogs sake I hope the gamble proves worth it in the end.

If the match review panel is consistant then Scott could be very well much in trouble. Jackson brushed Brown last week and got 3 weeks for headbutting.

Jackson's suspension was a complete farce. Scotty is indeed in trouble based on that decision.

As for Hall, he is physically strong but mentally has the proverbial 'glass jaw'.

Interestingly before the incident the Bulldogs scored 10 goals to zip; after it happened it was 10 to 7.

From what I've seen Thompson copped a fair amount of flak in the telecast but I don't recall him giving away too many free kicks.

Main Board is absolutely going off at Thompson + North.

Some choice phrases are "gutless", "pack of tossers", "cheap snipers", "disgrace to the game", "against the spirit of football", etc etc et al.

:confused:

Well done to Thommo. What I'm laughing about is how they are all over dramatising his hit when hall was doing up his laces. They called it a knee whereas it was clearly only a slight nudge from the thigh. As for the dogs, when that happens your supposed to go in and help out your players. He was 1 against 3 and nobody was coming along. It was the same when we played Stkilda and Boomer was getting nudged around by Jones. Nobody helped him out. Hall is always gonna be a target because everybody knows he has a weakness when it comes to players niggling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back