Selections - Elimination Final v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at training this morning and thought that Bock didn't look too bad. He left the track about 10 minutes before everyone else, after having a discussion in the centre of the ground with Craig and Schwerdt.

He looked great to start with and then by the end of the last drill I thought he looked a bit hampered by his right foot.

Stevens and Mackay trained fine. Shirley, Moran and Schmidt trained away from the rest of the group.

Tippett also spent at least 20 minutes at the end practicing his goal kicking, especially from the pockets.

Oh and Bernie looked fine. Didn't even have a shoulder strapped I don't think.

hmmm not happy with the news.

This essentially means Bock's season is over. There is no way he can come in after missing 5 weeks and play on Reiwoldt or Cloke. That then concerns me as we will probably have Stevens on either of these in the Semi-Final, which is not good!

VB will rest it up and be good for the next week.

So, if VB out, who comes in? Douglas or Sloane.
No doubt we will go for Douglas in a final. Had it been round 12 I reckon Sloane might have got the nod.

In: Douglas
Out: VB

hmmm not happy with the news.

This essentially means Bock's season is over. There is no way he can come in after missing 5 weeks and play on Reiwoldt or Cloke. That then concerns me as we will probably have Stevens on either of these in the Semi-Final, which is not good!

VB will rest it up and be good for the next week.

So, if VB out, who comes in? Douglas or Sloane.
No doubt we will go for Douglas in a final. Had it been round 12 I reckon Sloane might have got the nod.

In: Douglas
Out: VB
Cloke isn't an issue.

Should be like for like...Sloane for van Berlo.

Pity about Bock, if he comes up I'd still play him next week even if rusty. Take the chance the team as a whole wins the match while he blows off the cobwebs ready for a dominant prelim leading to a Norm Smith.

Cant bring n Sloane for Douglas surely. As much as he excites me, the kid hasn't even kicked a footy at AFL level before. Douglas played a pretty good game before being pushed out of the side, and looked good in the highlight package from the magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too would select Sloane before Dougy

Agree Douglas last game was pretty good however he is not a like for like player unless they decide to run Douglas of HB

We will lose nothing with Sloane's attack on the ball

Interesting emergency list, just one games worth of experience between them! :eek:
Imagine Armstrong playing a final, seriously. He'd probably get 10 touches with 8 clangers. Why not name Walker emergency...

Anyway as for Douglas playing, huge sigh. VB is a big loss but it won't matter. Anyone got Essendon's changes?

Imagine Armstrong playing a final, seriously. He'd probably get 10 touches with 8 clangers. Why not name Walker emergency...

Anyway as for Douglas playing, huge sigh. VB is a big loss but it won't matter. Anyone got Essendon's changes?

Dempsey, Skippy and Bellchambers for Lloyd, lonergan and Ryder

inspiring changes!

he (dougy) was actually complete pants for three quarters before kicking a couple in the last (including a reverse checkside from 50)

I agree that Dougy is no Aker but who would you have in his stead going into a final from what we have to choose from?

Sloane (one game with no kicks - although seven tackles)? Petrenko? Davis? Armstrong? Cook? Jacky?

Sloane would have been my choice but you can't knock the selection of Pizza Boy in these circumstances.

Well that is a strange one...Has Taylor slipped that much that his 14 games experience would not be preferred to someone who has not played AFL?? Must admit that I am also confused as is Drummond. At least we will be able to see Taylor kick a bag at the Redlegs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Selections - Elimination Final v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back