Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit surprised at the number of leople advocating for the return of Litherland. He's been average at best when he's featured in the h & a season, why would anyone have faith that he can lift for a final? He is the king of blindly bombing to no one; the trait that seemed to afflict almost every hawks player on friday night.

BS! If anything he has heart, something that Suckling has none of. If Suckling gets another game, I'll spew up!

Dan Howe has gone past Litherland. Has a cooler head on his shoulders, cleaner disposal and is more versatile.

Howe is our answer to Bontempelli.. 6ft3, smooth mover, big frame and great skills. If Howe was at the Dogs he would have played every game.

The Crows back line and foot skills are suspect but we need to lift our tackling intensity and change the way we move the ball because we continually bombed blindly on Friday.

Betts never does anything against us and Frawley and Lake match up well on Walker and Jenkins. Duryea must start this week and Stratton needs to wear long studs so he doesn't give Eddie the chance for his customary Joe the Goose goals

Up front we need Bruest and back in the forward 50. No goals in 4 weeks of footy so he's due for a few. Roughie to take Taliah away from the dangerous areas and for the love of god do not play Chip up forward.

Bring Spangher in. He attacks every contest like it's his last and it's that ferocity that is contagious to the rest of the side. It's likely no coincidence that the 3 games he played a couple months ago coincided with 22 of our guys all attacking contests with heightened levels of ferocity and that when he was out that disappeared.

Too many of our guys are tip toeing through games making sure they're going to be fit and not suspended for the next week. But by doing so they diminish our chances of even having a next week. Guys like Spangher, Sicily, Hartung, Simpkin, etc won't do that because they know they have to perform for their spots.

Suckling is an important part of our game plan. However, when we don't play well and use that plan, he ends up looking like a turkey.

He has an important role. In Clarko we trust.

Expecting a much more intense effort next week.

I don't think the soft run in to the finals did us any favours.

Probably our worst 2 performances of the year came off the back of an easy game against Carlton.

I would like to see Clarko be brave and bring in Sicily.

Nobody can take a mark up forward - Roughie has turned into a large rover, Hale is fading (lowest average marks since rookie year) and Gunner's finger injury (although likely out anyway with his leg injury).

Sicily would probably be the best forward mark we have on the list and should bring a bit of fire and enthusiasm to the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are now playing a 4 week campaign with two trips to Perth

To win the flag I feel we need to rest a player or two for this game and get ready for a full tilt in Perthin week 3 (if we get over the line)

That's not to say we are morals this week, but we won't win the flag by playing all our old stages in 4 successive weeks of finals

We are now playing a 4 week campaign with two trips to Perth

To win the flag I feel we need to rest a player or two for this game and get ready for a full tilt in Perthin week 3 (if we get over the line)

That's not to say we are morals this week, but we won't win the flag by playing all our old stages in 4 successive weeks of finals
The problem is those old players are our best players and we aren't good enough to win without them.

We needed the week off to be a chance this year imo.

Nobody can take a mark up forward - Roughie has turned into a large rover, Hale is fading (lowest average marks since rookie year) and Gunner's finger injury (although likely out anyway with his leg injury).

Sicily would probably be the best forward mark we have on the list and should bring a bit of fire and enthusiasm to the team.

I don't think he showed enough in the games he got - shoe was playing much better as a forward and is a far better kick

Schoenmakers?

The problem is those old players are our best players and we aren't good enough to win without them.

We needed the week off to be a chance this year imo.

So be it, if it gives us the chance to expose the new generation of players in a cut throat final its a success

We should still rest them and if we go out in straight sets we won't win the flag anyway

I don't think he showed enough in the games he got - shoe was playing much better as a forward and is a far better kick

In the 2 games he played at the end of the season he averaged 14 possessions, 5 marks, 1.5 goals and the potential to do much more especially if he gets to run into Gunner's spots. The agro he plays with would be a good addition too.

I think Shoe playing 'much' better is hyperbole, and there was a reason he was in the 2's to finish the season

The safe selection but I think we have been too safe with our selections all year.

Back the youngster with more talent imo.
too risky for me. the kid has potential but he's just as likely to go missing for the entire game. now isnt the time to find out that he's not quite ready.

that said i'd prefer him to Frawley up front...maybe both Sicily and Schoe get a game if Gunston misses

Anyone see Jeff on game day? I friggin love the bloke, we wouldn't have the club we have now without him and Victoria wouldn't have sports exposure we do today without him.. A lot of people give plenty of shit to Jeff but all these people enjoy the Australian open, Grand Prix and spring carnival.. I know the debt Victoria went into because of those events but it all levels out, we dead set live in the best state in Australia.

Anyway, he was funny when asking who he thinks wins the flag and he wouldn't buckle saying Hawthorn couldn't win it.. What a legend, can't help to think Clarko took a bit away from old Jeffro despite their differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back