Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused by the concept that the Hawks haven't really rested players all year and people are now talking wholesale changes in what is an elimination final. Disrespect the crows at your own peril

Yeah, I'm not seeing any changes on the horizon other than forced ones. I doubt anyone will be getting a rest, if we lose this week that's it. Have to put our best team in this week then worry about next week if we can get over the Crows.

You know BF has gone full circle when supporters want Schoey back in! Nothing against Schoey, I'd be happy to have him back if it was necessary but I trust Clarko to put the team he believes can best carry out his plans this weekend against Adelaide.

Outs: Smith, Gunston

Ins: Schoenmakers, Hartung

Frawley to go back and Suckling to sub. Sneaky suspicion that Lither may come in to tear Eddie another one again...

You know BF has gone full circle when supporters want Schoey back in! Nothing against Schoey, I'd be happy to have him back if it was necessary but I trust Clarko to put the team he believes can best carry out his plans this weekend against Adelaide.

I only want Schoey in because it looks like Gunston is out.

I also think Smith was fine. There is no way we would have played him if he wasn't right, especially when we had a very serviceable replacement in Hartung. The fact is he didn't play that well but, hello!, hardly any of the team did! More to do with us being generally crap on Friday night than any lingering injury issues IMO.

I only want Schoey in because it looks like Gunston is out.

I also think Smith was fine. There is no way we would have played him if he wasn't right, especially when we had a very serviceable replacement in Hartung. The fact is he didn't play that well but, hello!, hardly any of the team did! More to do with us being generally crap on Friday night than any lingering injury issues IMO.

I was a Schoey basher but dead set he is a better mark and kick than Ruffy, he simply doesn't have the smarts. I wish he would get 5-10 more possessions a game, if he could get it 15 times a game and have 3-4 shots on goal he'd be a real player.

We have the most balanced forward line in the comp - don't f##k around with it!
Frawley is not a forward - anyone will kick goals against Carlton or Brisbane. If anyone goes forward it should be Silk.
Leave Breust, Rioli, Poppy, Gunston (Schoenmaker), Ruffy forward and let Hale or BB drift forward.
I have been at both of the latest games against Eagles - our tall forwards are doing nothing and we only look dangerous when Cyril is up forward. Compare our tall forwards to Eagles - not in the same paddock!
We were out pressured around the stoppages on Friday night - lots of quick panicky kicks and ineffective handballs. This is usually our strength.
Our back line looks slow, not balanced. Litherland or Spanger?
Watched Josh Hill in WAFL - please put some physical pressure on him!

How can you win any game of football when you have players that turn up with the selective intensity level of Breust, Roughead and Suckling. In the case of Hill and Stratton they are just not good enough. How did Stratton get a 4 year contract? He must have an excellent manager as this has all the hallmarks of a Nick Holland/Brad Sewell contract, for mine Litherland already has more to offer and would make a better opponent for Betts on Friday night.
Why would you play Frawley in the forward line when the only 2 assets he has is reasonable strength and good closing speed. He can only play in defence and then as a negating player on a KPF. Gibson is finished as a footballer and has been woeful for most of the year, never has to compete for his position and I think there are more worthy candidates at BHH.
Absolute disgraceful team selection by Clarkson and co in the west coast game. I would much rather players that are prepared to compete in the contest and to that extent bring in Duryea, Anderson, Hartung, Litherland and Spangher.
For mine a lot of hawthorn players got shown up as pretenders and Breust, has to be the most over-rated player in the AFL.

Outs: Gunston, McEvoy, Stratton

Ins: Hartung, Ceglar, Litherland

Suckling starts as Sub and Duryea in best 21.
Smith gets more forward time

We need Fight, Hunger, Polished foot skills & Confidence
No more crap footy

The Crows match up well against the Hawks, going back to 2012 Prelim the games between these two teams have always been very tight contests. I can't see Gunston getting up, Isaac Smith seems shot, the veterans have aged a lot in the last 12 months (Burgoyne, Lake, Hodge, Lewis). Let's face it the last 8 weeks from the Hawks have been pretty underwhelming, the slide back to the pack has already begun... And it's a no-brainer wants to win this game more too, the Crows are hungry, the Hawks are smug. Those in the know will also tell you that winning big finals comes down to club culture and the Hawks look shaky here too... When the club captain is the pulled over DUI only days after the highly esteemed assistant coaches son dies in a car accident due drunk driving, the cracks are starting to appear. Let's be honest, everything's pointing to a straight sets exit for the Hawks this year.
**** off D/H :$

The Crows match up well against the Hawks, going back to 2012 Prelim the games between these two teams have always been very tight contests. I can't see Gunston getting up, Isaac Smith seems shot, the veterans have aged a lot in the last 12 months (Burgoyne, Lake, Hodge, Lewis). Let's face it the last 8 weeks from the Hawks have been pretty underwhelming, the slide back to the pack has already begun... And it's a no-brainer wants to win this game more too, the Crows are hungry, the Hawks are smug. Those in the know will also tell you that winning big finals comes down to club culture and the Hawks look shaky here too... When the club captain is the pulled over DUI only days after the highly esteemed assistant coaches son dies in a car accident due drunk driving, the cracks are starting to appear. Let's be honest, everything's pointing to a straight sets exit for the Hawks this year.

well......shit you don'y say thanks for the news update mate hope you feel like a keyboard warrior and big man writing out all that shit...
I feel like I'm all updated on the news now and I can get on with my day.. ****wit!

Your an idiot! Show some respect on thier board :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this game, hopefully NO injuries in a great close game! :thumbsu:

Our fwd line is all over the joint & lacks cohesion. Bolts was fwdline coach wasnt he?

We need to get rid of this fumbly nervous bullshit footy & replace it with hunger & an appetite to hunt.

We are no longer the favourite which may work out ok. Or the decline has begun :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only smug cretin..is you coming in here and telling us so....now eff off and don't come back...you'll get a timely reminder after next friday night..book mark it.

Gunstan will get up, ankles can come to hand pretty quick, he didn't look to upset when he was sitting on the bench the other night. . He will have it strapped and might have a jab, I expect that he will play.

How can you win any game of football when you have players that turn up with the selective intensity level of Breust, Roughead and Suckling. In the case of Hill and Stratton they are just not good enough. How did Stratton get a 4 year contract? He must have an excellent manager as this has all the hallmarks of a Nick Holland/Brad Sewell contract, for mine Litherland already has more to offer and would make a better opponent for Betts on Friday night.
Why would you play Frawley in the forward line when the only 2 assets he has is reasonable strength and good closing speed. He can only play in defence and then as a negating player on a KPF. Gibson is finished as a footballer and has been woeful for most of the year, never has to compete for his position and I think there are more worthy candidates at BHH.
Absolute disgraceful team selection by Clarkson and co in the west coast game. I would much rather players that are prepared to compete in the contest and to that extent bring in Duryea, Anderson, Hartung, Litherland and Spangher.
For mine a lot of hawthorn players got shown up as pretenders and Breust, has to be the most over-rated player in the AFL.

Nice avatar. Sent me to YT to play 'Different Class'.

Our fwd line is all over the joint & lacks cohesion. Bolts was fwdline coach wasnt he?

We need to get rid of this fumbly nervous bullshit footy & replace it with hunger & an appetite to hunt.

We are no longer the favourite which may work out ok. Or the decline has begun :/
None of the forwards want to take the responsibility to kick the goal, they just keep flicking it around,Bruest and gunners in particular, it's like they are having a competition to see who can have the most goal assits. In the high pressure of finals all this does is lead to turnovers and pumps confidence and belief into the opposition. If I see Bruest 40 mtrs out and he tries to spot up another player with a kick or a handball rather than have a go at the goal himself I am gunna spew.

What a knee jerk reaction!

Duryea not as sub will help.
Bring in Hartung and Ceglar looked so slow the other night.

Any doubt on Smith & he would've been subbed out or managed through the last qtr. he wasn't. Any suggestion he's out is ridiculously misinformed. Unless a mishap at training he most certainly will play. How actually stupid do you think our medical staff are?
Issac got up last week. He has another 7 days.

Am I seriously reading suggestions to rest players in a knock out final.

Am I really reading players like Burgoyne & Lewis are on their last legs? Lewis dropped is my personal favourite.

Please understand that football clubs are very fine tuned. Please understand that every player that pulls on that jumper gives it his absolute all. To lose Bolton and Rattens tragedy has certainly caused (unspoken within the walls) issues.

You people do realise the Dogs smashed Adelaide in every department. Disposals, contested footy, clearances... Etc etc. inside 50's. The only place they weren't smashed was kicking it through the big sticks. Every commentator banged on last night about how if Adel continued coughing the ball up... Conceding I50's they'd get smashed. Only the finish hurt the dogs.

Please actually think before filling these pages with bizarre posts.
Well said

Frawley at ff was Clarkson and Co trying to be innovative. Had it worked, which with the Eagles stretched big man stocks it should have, it would have been lauded as a great tactical move. What I wonder now though is if Lake is gonna wind up with that role. If we get this game on our own terms, I wonder if he'll go forward again.

Also shocking under pressure.. I Xavier Ellis should come in, makes good decisions with the footy and uses it well by hand and foot! Oh wait...
When was the last time he was injured? Incredible work by WC to get his body right for a whole year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back