Should Cam Wight play against Hawks if Tommy Williams doesn't come good?

Should Wight play if Williams doesn't get up!

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you (or did you ever) play footy Tom?
yep i do
well put it this way wight is going to get smashed by franklin if he is on him
and with everitt and tiller they will just kick it on buddys head and he could push them out of the way and on the lead cant keep up with him

yep i do

Well, unless you're playing at AFL level, I think you're slagging a few blokes too much.
Might be worth trying to find something positive to say occasionally.

Just wondering what your reaction would be if you were being hammered by your "supporters"...

yep i do

Well, unless you're playing at AFL level, I think you're slagging a few blokes too much.
Might be worth trying to find something positive to say occasionally.

Just wondering what your reaction would be if you were being hammered by your "supporters"...
i dont mind im just saying as i see it
even without williams playing i think we could still win. with lake on roughy (i think lake will have a big game) morris on buddy, shaggy on williams, callan on rioli timmy will kill him backline might not be a flexible but if these matchups work we will win
I'm devstated about the news about williams
cant take a trick the poor fella

A hypothetical. Doogs fully fit and firing, where would he have been ranked as a defender compared to Tiller and Wight? Just curious

He has been fit at times while he has played with us.

At the end of the day Doog's just wasn't good enough.

When he did appear on the West Coast marking radar, he was probably being supplied some ridiculous amount of clean passes from Cousins, Judd and Kerr in full flight and at full throttle.

I don't believe some of the stuff posted here.

Wight may not be a world beater, but he's got some balls and puts his body on the line for the team.

He doesn't deserve crap like that.

Likewise some of the crap 14 game Steve Tiller is copping.

If my memory serves me correctly Brian Lake, Brad Johnson, Scott West, Luke Darcy, Lindsay Gilbee, Adam Cooney, Ryan Hargrave, plus others maybe with exception to Chris Grant and Doug Hawkins.

Were not exactly doing much better or looking much safer at the same stage of their careers.

One of the things I was thinking about before was the pyschology of whoever plays on Buddy.

If it is Williams then he goes in with a fair bit of pressure because there are expectations(mainly from us and doggies supporters) that he can beat Buddy and has the ability to stop him. This pressure of expectation may help or hinder him, depends on his personality.

Tiller or Wight or whoever takes Buddy on the other hand, have no expectation at all. If Tiller or Wight line up on Buddy, we would expect Buddy to take him to the cleaners. Therefore there is not as much pressure on a Tiller or Wight as on Williams. This can sometimes work in favour of a defender, ie Gibson on Buddly in last years final. The defender goes in against the champion with a "i have nothing to lose" attitude and many times they come out the winner.

Food for thought anyway.

Likewise some of the crap 14 game Steve Tiller is copping.

If my memory serves me correctly Brian Lake, Brad Johnson, Scott West, Luke Darcy, Lindsay Gilbee, Adam Cooney, Ryan Hargrave, plus others maybe with exception to Chris Grant and Doug Hawkins.

Were not exactly doing much better or looking much safer at the same stage of their careers.

Maybe so...but this is not the game we want to risk Tiller in.
People keep defending him which is fair enough because he's only played 14 games, but finals isnt the place for inexperienced players.
Especially in defense where we are already vulnerable without Williams.
Going with Wight only makes sense due to more experience of games(plus a final), height and that overall toughness he brings to his game.

Maybe so...but this is not the game we want to risk Tiller in.
People keep defending him which is fair enough because he's only played 14 games, but finals isnt the place for inexperienced players.
Especially in defense where we are already vulnerable without Williams.
Going with Wight only makes sense due to more experience of games(plus a final), height and that overall toughness he brings to his game.

Good in theory, but I have seen Buddy totally burn him off for pace previously.

The big equalizer in "Aussie Rules" is if they cant catch you it does not matter how good they are at outmarking, muscling or spoiling you...because they simply have not yet arrived to where you and the ball are.

Cam can be as menacing and tough as he likes, if he cant catch Buddy what does it matter.

Good in theory, but I have seen Buddy totally burn him off for pace previously.

The big equalizer in "Aussie Rules" is if they cant catch you it does not matter how good they are at outmarking, muscling or spoiling you...because they simply have not yet arrived to where you and the ball are.

Cam can be as menacing and tough as he likes, if he cant catch Buddy what does it matter.

The replacement for Williams does not need to match Buddy.

We need some flexibility and our options for Buddy are Morris for pace or Lake for size and pace.

Cam Wight could take Roughead but Morris and Hargrave would be outsized and Tiller is not ready for such a task.

The only other player is Everitt and his form thisn year is worse than Wight and Tiller.

We all were excited by Everitt's efforts last year (including Chris Grant) but his season is the most disappointing of anyone on the list and it is getting a little late for him to be persevered with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOD NO
CAM WIGHT= WORLDS BIGGEST DUD
if he plays just give the hawks the game already
morris will get the job even tho u kicked 2 11 last time on him
not everitt or tiller or wight to weak and slow

Tom
You are new on this forum, but I seriously question your understanding of the game.
Cam Wight is an honest trier with limited ability, but he is not the worst option we have. If Wight is given a chance you can be certain he will give a whole hearted effort.

As it stands the selection choices are Wight, Tiller or Everitt and my preference of those is Wight.

For God's sake,please do not fall for the old "replace a tall with a tall" syndrome.Franklin is an exception to most rules,and Morris is by far and away the best option, Franklin is quick and has great body use as well as reach.
He does however get very frustrated with close checking, and is very lazy with his forward pressure,Morris is giving away plenty in height and weight(6cm and 10kg) but there is no bloke I would rather have playing for my life than D.Morris, he is quick, has great core strength so is rarely knocked off the ball.
Tiller may make it, but at the moment has not got great or decisive decision making skills and has no left side.Wight is tall,but is easily knocked off the contest and also does not read the incoming ball very well at the moment.
Make the midfield the priority, and smash them in clearances, use Hahn and Harbrow to come off the line to add some more physical pressure to them should they win possession.

One of the things I was thinking about before was the pyschology of whoever plays on Buddy.

If it is Williams then he goes in with a fair bit of pressure because there are expectations(mainly from us and doggies supporters) that he can beat Buddy and has the ability to stop him. This pressure of expectation may help or hinder him, depends on his personality.

Tiller or Wight or whoever takes Buddy on the other hand, have no expectation at all. If Tiller or Wight line up on Buddy, we would expect Buddy to take him to the cleaners. Therefore there is not as much pressure on a Tiller or Wight as on Williams. This can sometimes work in favour of a defender, ie Gibson on Buddly in last years final. The defender goes in against the champion with a "i have nothing to lose" attitude and many times they come out the winner.

Food for thought anyway.

Not hungry. Psychology is exactly the problem with Cam- he panics and simply doesn't know what to do with the ball. I've seen him appear terrified that he has everything to lose when faced with the prospect of confronting Brett Peake, for chrissake!
Having said that, I can't fault his effort, and no more can be asked of him than the 100% he already gives.

Tom
You are new on this forum, but I seriously question your understanding of the game.
Cam Wight is an honest trier with limited ability, but he is not the worst option we have. If Wight is given a chance you can be certain he will give a whole hearted effort.

As it stands the selection choices are Wight, Tiller or Everitt and my preference of those is Wight.

Im gonna pick Everitt, because I like this new Tom guy and he hates Wight and Tiller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Cam Wight play against Hawks if Tommy Williams doesn't come good?

Back