Should we have a nickname change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Nickname change?

I know some guys like PAFC or Port Adelaide Football Club but unfortunately it just won't cut it for the kids and younger supporters who know no better.

The 'Sharks' has merit and I like the logo but I just can't see them changing the current logo for a long long time. Unless of course the AFL take us over and force us to change our logo, song, etc.

I know some guys like PAFC or Port Adelaide Football Club but unfortunately it just won't cut it for the kids and younger supporters who know no better.

The 'Sharks' has merit and I like the logo but I just can't see them changing the current logo for a long long time. Unless of course the AFL take us over and force us to change our logo, song, etc.

I believe at the time the name 'Sharks' was discussed but fell through because West Adelaide Hellas were already using that nickname in the NSL.

Similarly the name 'Pirates' was shelved because Port Lion SC were playing in the local Premier League with that nickname.

I'm going on memory here so i could be slightly wrong.

I believe at the time the name 'Sharks' was discussed but fell through because West Adelaide Hellas were already using that nickname in the NSL.

Similarly the name 'Pirates' was shelved because Port Lion SC were playing in the local Premier League with that nickname.

I'm going on memory here so i could be slightly wrong.

Both are correct.

Yep agree Power is crap.

For a club claiming tradition, Power is as seppo as it comes.

Never liked it, but had to live with it.

i find this thread really odd tbh. People really need to get a grip on themselves. "The Power" is who we are. If you don't like it, don't support the club.

i find this thread really odd tbh. People really need to get a grip on themselves. "The Power" is who we are. If you don't like it, don't support the club.

Are you for real?

Life is full of compromise, not many things are totally black or white.

Are you seriously suggesting if you dont like a nickname you can not support the club? There is a bit more to a club than just its nickname, in reality the nickname really does mean **** all, but to say I should **** off and not support the club because I dont particularly like the nickname is absurd. If new fans are being told that they have to love every single aspect of the club or **** off, no wonder we dont have a large crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hereby award you the 2010 award for the poster who follows the club line on anything and everything most blindly.

Yeah, picking the name Power to begin with was a massive mistake, I dont think you'll find a team anywhere with an abstract / wishywashy name, like, Power, Force, Heart, Glory ect ect be loved by a large amount of people.

It's the kind of name which might be liked to some degree by most people, but not a name to inspire.

port-adelaide-power-logo11.jpg

can't beat it.
Can't change the name, no need to. What I would change is the logo. Replace power with PAFC 1870, i'd be happy with that

Oh hang on, I get it now.

We're playing shit football on the field so if we change our nickname we'll turn everything around?

Quick, Someone give the OP a Nobel Prize.

If you actually bothered to read my initial post you'll see that I made it perfectly clear that nicknames are the least of our current problems. But just because you've blown a head gasket doesn't mean you should ignore a flat tyre.

But thanks for the Nobel, it's going straight to the pool room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we have a nickname change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back