Sit back, relax... Tom's here for good

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you don't mind me intruding. Just thought I might share my thoughts as an outsider.

Firstly, I don't think Scully is any more likely to go than any other out-of-contract player. It's not unusual to wait until the end of the year for contracts to be re-negotiated, to get as accurate a guage of a players' worth as possible, and this is especially true of players as young and inexperienced as Scully; this year will make up half of his total career so far, so it's understandable that both he and the club would want to see it first before they make any firm decisions. It's also well in Melbourne's interests to ensure they strike the best deal possible with Scully, as they will need to manage contracts carefully over the next few years; you have a lot of players that will be pushing the salary cap at the same time soon (Scully, Watts, Trengove, Frawley, Grimes, Morton, McKenzie, etc).

Secondly, even if Scully was to leave (which by the sounds of it, he won't), is it really that big a deal? He is one (very good) young player. You have many. People saying it will rip the heart out of Melbourne, that it would break Jim Stynes' heart, and so on, are vastly overstating the impact it will have. You'll be down a good player. You'll get decent compensation. Shit happens but you'll move on. It would be a lot worse if he was a 25 year old superstar CHF that you'd built your team for the next 5 years around.

Finally, Jack Watts looks like a male version of Emma Watson.

Bailey is confident, from a HS article:

He said he:
WAS confident forward Tom Scully, a GWS target, would stay at Melbourne.

Some great Journo work again or DB has lost the plot. ;)

Re: Sit back, relax... Toms here for good.

Half the stuff in the Scully thread must be ignored to some extent, most of us are just venting. Frustration causes us too write the first thing that comes to mind. Worry takes over, lol

Yeah very true.

Don't know who your source is but I have heard that Tom is very good friends with another young demon who has said he is staying. I wonder if he is your source
Tom Is good friends with a lot of young Demons. Why don't you come out say who It Is?

All you people coming out and saying you have sources etc.. Your all full of crap. Trying to predict whats going to happen with your wild little imaginations.

It was the same with Ablett last year.

Tom Is good friends with a lot of young Demons. Why don't you come out say who It Is?

All you people coming out and saying you have sources etc.. Your all full of crap. Trying to predict whats going to happen with your wild little imaginations.

He's referring to Sam Blease. They were best mates before Scully was even drafted.

after this all blew up in the media, tom could have come out and made a statement along the lines of: "just putting it on the record, i am not going to GWS, i am a demon for life... i will sign at the end of the year..."

he hasnt done that

just sayin'

after this all blew up in the media, tom could have come out and made a statement along the lines of: "just putting it on the record, i am not going to GWS, i am a demon for life... i will sign at the end of the year..."

he hasnt done that

just sayin'

and thats the reason why alot of demon supporters are a little nervous including myself

he hasnt done that

just sayin'

Pendlebury could have said the same. He hasn't. Just sayin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he hasnt done that

just sayin'
Exactly.

It's funny how people are getting different stories from different sources. If you read what Wolfmother (Scully's player sponsor) has to say on Demonland, all the fan talk about playing at the MCG, playing with your mates, loyalty, etc; are NOT considerations in Scully's mind. The sole factor for him in making his decision is $. And we're not talking about a couple of roubles here.

I was told from a source yesterday that the figures quoted as the GWS offer are correct ($6m over 6 years). Scully discussed this with an acquaintance of my source in January, and Scully has given GWS an in-principle agreement that he will sign. As yet, he hasn't signed with GWS.

So if I was Melbourne, I'd cut all the emotive b#llshit about loyalty to your mates and club, and being a team on the rise, and focus on trying to get some 3rd party agreements in place to keep Tom at the club.

why would scully's player sponsor know about his thought process?

but if what you say is true, then we've lost him

you think gws can't give him 3rd party deals ON TOP of the 6 mil?

if they wan't him and his only consideration is money, then he is theirs

Pendlebury could have said the same. He hasn't. Just sayin

wouldnt surprise me, but i think he will stay... he'd be a better pickup than thomas or swan...

i think thomas came out and said he hadnt even spoken to GWS... but then again, so did scully's management... maybe that means thomas is going?!

Yes i'm sure Scully has said to his player sponsor "it's all about the money for me, I actually don't care about Melbourne or my team mates"

hahahhahahha

he hasnt done that

just sayin'

This is what I'm a bit worried about, I guess Pendlebury hasn't done the same either.

The Blease tweet about Scully is interesting, although I don't think the Geelong players knew if Ablett was going or staying either. Hopefully we don't alienate him like Thompson did to Ablett though, whilst he is still unsigned he is still a chance to stay.

why would scully's player sponsor know about his thought process?

but if what you say is true, then we've lost him

you think gws can't give him 3rd party deals ON TOP of the 6 mil?

if they wan't him and his only consideration is money, then he is theirs
If you didn't already know, player sponsors actually do talk to their players in a social environment. And I'm sure they would develop some sought of relationship.

People on here talk about mateship with players. Do the same people realise that Scully may have had great respect for JMac and Bruce, and saw how the club treated them? If Scully goes for money reasons, his ex-Melbourne teammates will be more understanding than the supporters.

This is my theory, nothing factual. If our offer is in the ball park of GWS's, Scully would probably stay. If you remember with GAJ, Geelong were upfront with their final offer, and wouldn't budge. Forget about pulling at the heartstrings, and concentrate on the purse strings.

The sole betting agency running a book, has Scully paying $1.50 to go to GWS and $2.50 to stay at Melbourne. If you remember all the rumours of Judd coming to Melbourne or going to Collingwood, throughout that time, Carlton remained favourites with the bookmakers. Bookmakers would never set a market like this unless they had reliable inside infomation.

He's going.

The sole betting agency running a book, has Scully paying $1.50 to go to GWS and $2.50 to stay at Melbourne.

sif scully isnt telling his closest mates to re-mortgage their folks houses on this...

Yes i'm sure Scully has said to his player sponsor "it's all about the money for me, I actually don't care about Melbourne or my team mates"

hahahhahahha

Yeah, sounds like utter rubbish to me.

We've had about 10 sources claiming that he's going, and another 10 claiming that he's staying.

At this point in time, I'm not willing to believe any of them.

The sole betting agency running a book, has Scully paying $1.50 to go to GWS and $2.50 to stay at Melbourne. If you remember all the rumours of Judd coming to Melbourne or going to Collingwood, throughout that time, Carlton remained favourites with the bookmakers. Bookmakers would never set a market like this unless they had reliable inside infomation.

He's going.
Bookies aren't always a good indication...

I got on Liam Jurrah to wear a short sleeve jumper instead of long sleeves in his first game against Essendon. It paid me massive outside odds of $8.50 - I chucked a lazy $10 on and enjoyed the beers that night. Should have made it a hundred.

I got on Liam Jurrah to wear a short sleeve jumper instead of long sleeves in his first game against Essendon. It paid me massive outside odds of $8.50 - I chucked a lazy $10 on and enjoyed the beers that night. Should have made it a hundred.

Hahaha I chucked $100 on that- and so did a few of my mates. LJ (and the fact we didnt have any long sleeve jumpers) contributed to a huge night! Tho we only got in at $6.50s :)

yea that was funny i had $50 on that then i found out that we dont have the clash strip in long sleeve so went back to have another go but betting had been suspended i guess they found out 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sit back, relax... Tom's here for good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back