Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

I like reminding Freo fans of this mark when they say Naitnaui never took marks, just to watch the baby sibling tantrum.

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

I normally show them the MOTY vs geelong whenever 'Natanui doesn't take marks' comes up

"Allen will be managed as he focuses on being ready to launch into the new season against Port Adelaide on March 17.

“Oscar has completed the majority of the match simulation program across the summer and we feel the best decision is to hold him out of this game,” General Manager Football Gavin Bell said.

“After last week’s game against Fremantle we sent him for precautionary scans on his knee and while there was nothing untoward on the scan our major focus is having him ready to go for round one.”

Known/Suspected Injuries - not an official list (Updated 25/2)

Based on those players who missed the Fremantle match plus the one confirmed injury (Ginbey) from that game. There may be others, like Hough, but further information is needed

For reference R1 is now just 3 weeks away

Players who will miss R1 (and beyond)

• Ryan (Hamstring) - 6-8 weeks
• Sheed (Foot) - TBC
• Hewett (Toe) - TBC
• Flynn (Hamstring) - TBC
• HEdwards (Finger) - TBC

Players doubtful for R1

• Hall (Ankle) - 2-3 weeks
• Archer Reid (Knee) - TBC
• Bazzo (Groin) - TBC
• Trew (Back) - TBC

Players possible for R1

• Rotham (Groin) - TBC
• Culley (Knee) - TBC

Players probable for R1

• McGovern (Groin) - 1week
• Darling (Hamstring) - 1 week
• Brockman (Knee soreness) - 1 week
• Ginbey (Concussion) - 2 weeks
What's archer reid actually have wrong with his knee meniscus, medial, bone brusing?

What's archer reid actually have wrong with his knee meniscus, medial, bone brusing?

It was only ever described as a knee issue that he had prior to joining us. No specifics

Whatever it was he seems to be over it and building towards being able to play

Being managed is fairly commonplace throughout the league, particularly in preseason.
Makes sense to give him (Oscar) a rest this week, he has already travelled to Melbourne and back. We are already going back to SA in round 1.
A freshen up and two week block of training and he’ll be good to go :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only ever described as a knee issue that he had prior to joining us. No specifics

Whatever it was he seems to be over it and building towards being able to play
It was a ligament sprain. Should be building nicely up to a good block of training over the next few weeks.

Oscar allen being managed eh
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
yep.."will be ready for round 1"

"will be available early in the season"

"should be right after the bye"

"a chance to play the last month"

"hes been sent in for end of season surgery with an eye on next years preseason"

Being managed is fairly commonplace throughout the league, particularly in preseason.
Makes sense to give him (Oscar) a rest this week, he has already travelled to Melbourne and back. We are already going back to SA in round 1.
A freshen up and two week block of training and he’ll be good to go :)
Sure, that makes sense if you completely ignore that he got sent for scans on his knee.
You don't send someone for scans on their knee for shits and giggles.....where there's smoke there's fire

Imagine being managed and you haven't even played a proper game yet. I trust our medico's as much as i would Wayne Carey with me missus.

Match sim with reduced quarters is the closest they've come to an actual game.

Allen "managed", meanwhil McGovern back on the injury list after 2 quarters of match sim.

Harden the heck up. Back in my day we'd work a 12hr shift first then still head on down to footy, give 6 don't argues during non contact circle work, run 8km's to the beach and pickup a zinger box on the way home.

Imagine being managed and you haven't even played a proper game yet. I trust our medico's as much as i would Wayne Carey with me missus.

Allen "managed", meanwhil McGovern back on the injury list after 2 quarters of match sim.

Harden the * up. Back in my day we'd work a 12hr shift first then still head on down to footy, give 6 don't argues during non contact circle work, run 8km's to the beach and pickup a zinger box on the way home.
I assume you did your 45 minutes before your 12 hour shift?

Sure, that makes sense if you completely ignore that he got sent for scans on his knee.
You don't send someone for scans on their knee for shits and giggles.....where there's smoke there's fire

Of course, he was sore and got a scan.

I’m willing to be patient and allow the off field changes to our medical and fitness/S&C departments to take effect. Appreciate others have differing opinions. What will be will be. Hopefully we get to see more of our best players on the park this year.

Last edited:

Harden the * up. Back in my day we'd work a 12hr shift first then still head on down to footy, give 6 don't argues during non contact circle work, run 8km's to the beach and pickup a zinger box on the way home.

Was ready to call bullshit until you mentioned the zinger box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back