Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

Reid walking freely in the background toward the end too.
They were stretching his hammy and rubbing him down on the bench .

You dont do that with a hammy injury .

He was just cooked after taking extra minutes when yeo went off .

We have to remember he is a first year player and more a explosive athlete than a endurance athlete

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whilst I'm not happy at all for yeo long waterman or anyone getting injured I am more concerned with us going up the ladder too soon.

Jack Williams is an example of this, without Allen being injured we wouldn't have seen the game he played yesterday.
I'm not happy Allen is injured I'm just saying
Any kids getting games is the silver lining and us staying in the bottom 4 is where we really need to be before the Tassie team come in so we can get a proper rebuild done before then.

We have aging stars that need to be replaced with the best available talent in the coming 3 years and be able to see what they are capable of is crucial.

Whilst I'm not happy at all for yeo long waterman or anyone getting injured I am more concerned with us going up the ladder too soon.

Jack Williams is an example of this, without Allen being injured we wouldn't have seen the game he played yesterday.
Any kids getting games is the silver lining and us staying in the bottom 4 is where we really need to be before the Tassie team come in so we can get a proper rebuild done before then.

We have aging stars that need to be replaced with the best available talent in the coming 3 years and be able to see what they are capable of is crucial.
I don't think a win here and there will impact our ladder position.

We are firmly in the bottom 4 and probably a lock for bottom 2 imo (reckon Hawks will snag a few wins late)

A win every 5 or so weeks while being competitive will be a great start to a rebuild

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the usual recovery turnaround for an MCL?
from Google

For a grade-one MCL injury, patients can fully recover in a week or two. For a grade-two or three MCL injury, recovery could take 12 weeks or longer depending on severity

I concur. Finishing in the 12-16 range does nothing for us as a side, especially now. We need to find future replacements for Yeo, Gov, Cripps and Darling (wrong side of 30) and develop them while these blokes are still around. To do that we need draft capital to either grab worthwhile kids or use the picks on plug-n-play players from other sides.

Not saying we go the tank, but we definitely dont need to be "bolstering" the side with guys like Sheed or Gaff in a development year, who are not going to be in the next premiership side and take spots away from kids who could be using them.

I don't think a win here and there will impact our ladder position.

We are firmly in the bottom 4 and probably a lock for bottom 2 imo (reckon Hawks will snag a few wins late)

A win every 5 or so weeks while being competitive will be a great start to a rebuild

We are miles better than North.

Also a bit better than Hawks and Tigers currently.

With a reasonable run at injury (I.e. if this week is the totality not the start) we likely finish 14-16 IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well...it was a good two months of normalcy for our injury list...
I feel yesterday was a sad return to our normal :(

Having an overdue, reasonable run for a change was fun while it lasted

Of course it's extra devastating because Yeo/Waterman were in career-best form after setbacks

Gaff should be in just as an attrition selection soon enough. At least he's fit. I'd have him in over Sheed and Ryan at this pint.
If it wasn't for our three forced changes I'd have considered dropping Sheed or Ryan for him
Gaff deserves an emergency selection at the very list with our current fit list

We are miles better than North.

Also a bit better than Hawks and Tigers currently.

With a reasonable run at injury (I.e. if this week is the totality not the start) we likely finish 14-16 IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree with this

Though I also actually rate Essendon given their performances against more quality opponents over the last 3 weeks, so based on that and the Derby win I feel we'll continue to beat some teams in the next tier above us at Optus (unless, as you said above, this is the start of an injury crisis)

We even managed some upset wins against better opponents (GWS, Pies, Dogs) in the last couple of years when were struggling more so there's still hope

Simmo didn't sounds too optimistic when talking about Long. 'Not good when you have to go for scans' 'Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst' and paraphrasing the last one since I watched the presser a couple hours ago but saying something along the lines of he may not be around for a stretch of games.
It could be a sindemoses(sp?), fractured ankle, lower leg or knee.

It didnt look good.

The worst part about our injuries the past 5 or so years is that it’s always to our best players, I don’t wish injury on nobody but seems like our spuds never get injured and always our stars..
Yep, this has been the feeling too
Though it’s getting to the point where injuries are making spuds out of previous stars

All 3 injuries really hurt this time yet again due to the players involved and the form they were in after previous setbacks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Angry Season 3 GIF by Party Down

Confirmation, Waterman out with concussion.

"Updates on the injury status of forward Noah Long (knee) and midfielder Elliot Yeo (groin) will be released in coming days after they have had scans and when those injuries have subsequently been examined."

Confirmation, Waterman out with concussion.

"Updates on the injury status of forward Noah Long (knee) and midfielder Elliot Yeo (groin) will be released in coming days after they have had scans and when those injuries have subsequently been examined."

Well with Waterman out Darling gets a chance to dominate tyson goldsack

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back