No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always difficult to separate who does what but if SOS replaces Gags then I assume Toce remains as National Recruiting Manager.

So;

SOS looks after the entire list strategy (future planning, trading, free agents, etc)- Gags' role.

Toce (& his team) decide which names get called out at the National & Rookie Drafts.

Sometimes blokes get the credit (or the heat) for decisions that were outside their specific duties. SOS traded horribly when list manager at Carlton, blowing multiple early picks on GWS rejects... but Shane Rogers, Paul Brodie and now Nick Austin were the guys who made calls on who was drafted.
Agreed I think Sos struggled with both aspects of the role tbh. There was no doubt his role at the blues involved bringing in the Giants guys.

I actually don’t mind the appointment of Goddard.
Something old - R2
Something new - BJ in a coaching role
Watching Dal coach yesterday, can’t see Goddard walking straight in as a coach. Dal has a lot of potential but lost control of the game in parts, that comes with experience. BJ is not what we need. Robert Harvey on the other hand…❤️

Enright will stay.
Damien Caroll will stay
I thought Walsh was excellent should stay also.

My read, a new coach will come in but Ross wants an ‘extra’ coach to oversee offence, attack and development.

I think Jacobs and Roughead are gone.
Roughead is just everything Ross isn’t, not much of his ‘manner’ suggests high standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back