No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What assistants did Lyon have when he was with us and what did he have when at Freo.

If there was an overlap then your probably looking at the person he brings in with him.

Don't think there was an overlap... but from his time at the Saints both Trout and SOS come to mind. I don't think we're going back there though.

Surely the presser will be Thursday or Friday. Two meetings and apparently romantic candlelight dinners months before that?

Ross walked out of that first one like he'd just had his first date.

Wonder if the club remains open or if they go back to the bubble. I would love to see inner sanctum stuff of Ross this time around.
He is a very good media performer now.

It’s a worthwhile suggestion to think we could get some good insight.

Always struck me that it was a big reason why everything was so closed off last time from public viewing.

He is a very good media performer now.

It’s a worthwhile suggestion to think we could get some good insight.

Always struck me that it was a big reason why everything was so closed off last time from public viewing.
The Bubble that was written back then was the only real insight we got, and it was incredible.

I still want a club that people still feel welcomed in. Don't get me wrong I would prefer going into another bubble if that's what it takes to win a flag but it would be nice to see him a bit different this time around.

Hopefully this can be announced this week and we can get to work. Not what I would've wanted ideally, but will back him in. At a complete baseline guarantee I know that our players will be better.

The Bubble that was written back then was the only real insight we got, and it was incredible.

I still want a club that people still feel welcomed in. Don't get me wrong I would prefer going into another bubble if that's what it takes to win a flag but it would be nice to see him a bit different this time around.

Hopefully this can be announced this week and we can get to work. Not what I would've wanted ideally, but will back him in. At a complete baseline guarantee I know that our players will be better.
I’m hanging for the fluff presser and to see him in a polo.

Wont feel really real until then.

I’m hanging for the fluff presser and to see him in a polo.

Wont feel really real until then.
Yeah It will be surreal. I've got family that took much less interest in us over the last few years and now they are invested again.

It's a big moment for the club I just hope we get it right. Can see a lot of supporters who fell off come back.

Mate we don't need three threads about Ross. I merged the other one into the Coach for 2023 thread.

You can get a gauge on who does or doesn't want Ross in the Ratten sacked thread. Cheers.

Remember we were never getting decent DP's coz we were near top of the table then there was the Lovett debacle....

We were almost victims of our own success.
As bad as the Andrew Lovett incident was, and it was very bad, in the media it was Sam Gilbert's laptop, the school girl and the nude photo's of the players that annihilated our success at the time.

His last Grand Final side was 8 years ago.

Ive not really argued its super different, you have argued its almost the same.

Can we meet in the middle and agree its at least mildly different and him rolling out 2015s gameplan verbatim with no updates might not be the best move?
Defensively his game plan is okay and will work, but it needs some offensive influence…much like the cats changed there’s this year to take more risks moving forward.

I’d say maybe moving the ball quicker from kick, mark and play on, work to get the ball in the hands of the best kickers and trust the talent in the fwd line to do the work….but I can’t see the chaos, hit the corridor, hope for the best, Ratten, bomb it long game plan happening again.

Ross often talked about how he can’t believe more coaches aren’t exploiting the stand rule. I suppose looking at it from a defensive lense, he can see how hard it is to defend.

We dont have a 2015 Fyfe to start with so id hope hes planning around our personel.

For clarity you keep saying the game is NO different (or perhaps ive misunderstood you again) ive never argued its a completely different game just that i dont want him to bring 2015 Freos plan cause the game isnt the same and our list isnt the same.

Im pretty sure he knows that.

One minor issue would be who is our second ruck? You want Hunter or Heath playing 22 games this year?
Max king is pretty handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me: the entire reason for bring RTB back revolves around 4 names:
Hill
King
Billings
Clarke

Hill - back on the wing and his actions being the measure of him not his disposal count (he's the cheery on top, nothing more)
King - moving more, creating more space, leading smarter and getting good delivery - he will add 20 goals if Ross gets it right.
Billings - there is talent still to be squeezed out of this man, but how and were... RTB will find this.
Clarke - With the right work ethic and backing, this guy could be huge!

One RTB's great strengths, is the ability to find a players best position and stick with his conviction... Two many of our players have been swapped around too many times. Hill is a winger, *&^% the disposals, lets judge him be the scores that come off his run.

Im weary of RTB, but its because of his history of squeezing clubs. His ability to coach our club to success I am in no doubt.

Just wind him up and let him go.

Preperation and execution.

Here we go again.

Gawd I cant wait for the pressers.

Yep the old Ross Lyon plan was far superior. Long bomb to Riewoldt. In the case it goes to ground have the freakiest crumbing forward ever available to get it.
not sure what games you were watching mate, Riewoldt would get half of the marks on the lead in the old days.. Bomb to King 90% the game is Ratten’s go to tactic. What’s even worse is it’s Richo that started it, Ratten just made it his own with King as the lucky step ladder..

The dilemma Purple now finds himself in is hilarious.
His no.1 love - RTB
His no.1 hate - StK F.C.

I can just imagine him lying in bed looking at his Ross Freo poster on his bedroom wall.
One hand under the doona working overtime.
The other hand punching himself in the head.

Cue Dr.Spaceman...
The hate will override anything else and when Ross leaves the club some stage in the future he'll crawl right back up his arse again

Yeah It will be surreal. I've got family that took much less interest in us over the last few years and now they are invested again.

It's a big moment for the club I just hope we get it right. Can see a lot of supporters who fell off come back.
Like I have said, if the club market this right, with the 150th year celebration, we could explode the membership and maybe, just maybe, get decent crowds to games.

It will be a fun year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back