Preview St Kilda vs Geelong June 25 Sat at 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield were its won
And lost for us
Dunstan even odds to get too double figures disposals

Oh you meant "to" ten touches.

How many times has he not made it to ten touches in his career stats man?
Only had 2 games under 10 touches in his career*. And 2 games with 10 touches

*and the 2 games were only 23% & 34% game time respectively, so I would imagine he was either injured during the game or sub (both games were 2015)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like our chances against Geelong - 20 shots at goal against a very very poor Dogs side is hardly great form

Cats after 3 hard weeks against top 8 sides will be looking at the break and we will hit them fresh

If we bring pressure and run hard we will beat them

Our ForwardIine will be a lot more functional than the Dogs so it won't be easy for their backs who will have to work harder

I can see us running over the top of them

Saints by 4 goals

This is a great challenge for us and got Richo & coaches.
Geelong are red hot and are going to be difficult to contain
Get spanked and the pressure will come right on
Take it up to them and earn respect

Thank god next weeks games not in Geelong otherwise we'd get pumped.

Faaaaark, we're get pumped at etihad anyways... Yep, feeling pretty confident about this one. o_O

Well one things for sure - Dogs didn't have a get out option from defence and it showed. If they couldn't move he ball quickly through the centre they were stuck in the mud. They would have loved to have a hard running blonde marking machine who will always be a target.

That said - it was intriguing to see Doggies do the same thing we do - win the the ball under pressure and then give it up with poor disposal into the f50.

It was identical to North on Friday night against Hawthorn when they just ended up bombing it long to tall forwards hoping for a result. Only result was 3 tall forwards (and small players) flying for the same ball in a desperate attempt to get a goal.

Both sides (Dogs & North) won enough of the ball but lost all composure under pressure.

I reckon Hickey will give a chance in the middle and we will enough ball but it will then come down to skill composure under pressure - unfortunately not our strength at the moment.

Excuse me for intruding, but I think you should have a bit more confidence about this one...

Games that Geelong 'should' win often end up being ones we lose. It would be typical of our players to not give a crap about this game, lose it, and then smash Sydney and Adelaide after the bye, hence our lack of confidence about this match.

I think the Saints are underrated. If your players really, really want to win, they could outclass us just like Collingwood and Carlton did and beat us comfortably.

(Or we could win by 10 goals. That could happen too.)

Stevo tweeting

No announcement on Gaff looming, manager OS .. Whispers StK, Ess keen .. If he does stay at Eagles, won't be long term deal .. @7aflgameday

Gaff seems to polarise opinions but I'd be stoked to get him

I think we actually match up quite well with Geelong.

Ruck is an area where we can exploit them. Hickey has been in wonderful form thus far. If he can ruck most of the day we can get an advantage.

They have a good backline but we have good forwards. With Paddy and Roo in we can give them headaches.

They're forward line isnt super deep with talent; Hawkins will be a difficult match up though.

Obviously the main area of concern is midfield; our mids need to be very hard next week. We must punish them going the other way. We can basically assume that danger and selwood will play well. I'd love to see Armo go head to head with Danger, get some good tackles on him and try to hurt him the other way.

Hickey said we want a scalp. Well, this would be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back