Autopsy Swans beat Suns by 49 on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll disagree with you re: Tommy. Was a bit inconsistent tonight.
Fair enough had a few miskicks but I thought he put in a great shift defensively. Kept King to one goal, held his ground really well didn't lose a single contest. Couldn't ask too much more from him also considering that it was a highly humid and dewy game, which limited the amount of intercept marks. 12 intercept possessions too.

Well that was a promising display.

That win might not happen if not for our defence, which was incredible. Rampe and Lloyd especially played stunning games. When the entire team (minus Buddy & Stephens) looked out of sorts, could barely pick the ball up or find a target, it was these defenders who kept Gold Coast at bay, and ensured that Gold Coast's "time" amounted to only a few goals. It set the rest of the game up to be the comfortable victory that it was. I can not stress enough how brilliant Rampe & Lloyd were, and as they're my two favourites, I feel obligated to. They were ******* amazing!

Pleasing part was that many were well below their very best but still had good outings - the McCartins, Warner, Gulden, Mills, Papley.

Stephens had the best game of his career. It was the clearest idea yet of what we can expect from him for the next however many years we are lucky to have him. A culmination of everything he'd done in little patches over his first 25 or so games, just over and over and over again tonight. Tough, skilful, smooth, hard-working. What's not to love?

Ladhams battled manfully against a hitout beast in Witts. Naturally Witts got the better of him in the ruck contests but around the ground and in general play I thought Ladhams was decisive and smart.

McInerney has that trademark spring back in his step, it's only a matter of time before he has a massive game again.

Hayward worked his butt off but kept failing at finishing off his hard work with silly little errors. What I loved most was how he kept at it. Didn't go into his shell or get frustrated. Eventually he got reward for his effort. You could see the relief on his face afterwards.

Campbell was solid and composed. He really does play with an attack on the ball that belies his size and inexperience.

I also loved the game of Parker, who understood the conditions of the game better than anyone else out there. SO many players got themselves into trouble trying to take possession of the ball in slippery conditions. Parker got the memo: Territory, territory, territory!

Finally... a win with a score of 100+ featuring McLean & McDonald? I am SHOCKED ;)

Last edited:
Well that was a promising display.

That win might not happen if not for our defence, which was incredible. Rampe and Lloyd especially played stunning games. When the entire team (minus Buddy & Stephens) looked out of sorts, could barely pick the ball up or find a target, it was these defenders who kept Gold Coast at bay, and ensured that Gold Coast's "time" amounted to only a few goals. It set the rest of the game up to be the comfortable victory that it was. I can not stress enough how brilliant Rampe & Lloyd were, and as they're my two favourites, I feel obligated to. They were ******* amazing!

Pleasing part was that many were well below their very best but still had good outings - the McCartins, Warner, Gulden, Mills, Papley.

Stephens had the best game of his career. It was the clearest idea yet of what we can expect from him for the next however many years we are lucky to have him. A culmination of everything he'd done in little patches over his first 25 or so games, just over and over and over again tonight. Tough, skilful, smooth, hard-working. What's not to love?

Ladhams battled manfully against a hitout beast in Witts. Naturally Witts got the better of him in the ruck contests but around the ground and in general play I thought Ladhams was decisive and smart.

McInerney has that trademark spring back in his step, it's only a matter of time before he has a massive game again.

Hayward worked his butt off but kept failing at finishing off his hard work with silly little errors. What I loved most was how he kept at it. Didn't go into his shell or get frustrated. Eventually he got reward for his effort. You could see the relief on his face afterwards.

Campbell was solid and composed. He really does play with an attack on the ball that belies his size and inexperience.

I also loved the game of Parker, who understood the conditions of the game better than anyone else out there. SO many players got themselves into trouble trying to take possession of the ball in slippery conditions. Parker got the memo: Territory, territory, territory!

Finally... a win with a score of 100+ featuring McLean & McDonald? I am SHOCKED ;)
I have criticised the fU$& out of Stephens since his debut and he served it all back at me last night. His best game to date for sure. Looked very much ensconced in the 22.

Also I know it's only one round out of 23(!) and anything can happen between now and then, but to already bank those four points that other contenders like Brisbane and Geelong don't yet have could prove important at the end of the year. Every win really does count when put in the context of the other rivals who are or aren't getting them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 or 2 for buddy?
Probably 1 , although Akermanis talking up 2 weeks on 7 this morning.

As for last night , a good start to the season considering the heat/humidity there so would expect the skills and intensity to drop off later in the game.
Special mention to the forum whipping boy Harry Cunningham , managing to get himself forward and bag himself a couple of goals.
The likes of Gulden, Campbell,Stephens etc showing the future is in good hands.

Give him a few weeks recovery time to come back fresh.
Can’t see it being any more than a week based on the grading system. Funnily enough, while the media are hanging Franklin, they are pretending that Pickett barely glanced his opponent and justifying why he shouldn’t be suspended for weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans beat Suns by 49 on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back