Autopsy Swans beat Suns by 49 on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good all round performance to kick things off.

The work of the younger brigade was really good. Ladhams impressed as well against a quality ruck. Mills is in for another AA year. Anyone wondering about Stephen’s can now relax. This was also a big game for Cambell…I felt pretty calm when he had the ball in his hands.

One thing I kept seeing was that Chol should have had at least 6 frees against him, for a forward he holds a hell of a lot and was left to do what he liked in that department

Last edited:
One thing I kept seeing was that Chol should have had at least 6 frees against him, for a forward he holds a hell of a lot and was left to do what he liked in that department
And he was completely ineffectual anyway.

I haven’t seen him play before. Is he usually a bit better than that?

Also noticed today, something I am sure other people have already noticed but Ladhams loves a handball out of congestion, it sometimes working and sometimes not.

and a few too many "look-away" handballs, trying to be a bit clever ... but that's an indication ladhams backs his skills, he clearly has more than the average lumbering ruck, and he's still got so much improvement
he also seems to cover a lot of ground
still has a lot to learn but i really liked his game

We did what we should let’s be honest

We are a top team

Defence is still a worry with leaking goals , and the smallls not holding there ground , Florent etc need to hold there opponent imo

Without any real standouts it was an overall win.

Gulden is ****ed up good

nine goals on their ground is hardly leaking
king kept to one goal and negligible contribution
you could argue junk time goals are potentially a problem but we pretty much controlled the game after the good start, never looked like losing
and i reckon blakey was a lot better than he'll get credit for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Autopsy is we belted them just as I expected. Cruise control for most of the night in basically wet weather conditions.

So much upside to last night. Warner, gulden and Stephens were good, but they are better then that. Buddy did his work early then played cameo and our defence worked as the perfect team. Imagine if rampe can hold that form!

And he was completely ineffectual anyway.

I haven’t seen him play before. Is he usually a bit better than that?
I haven’t seen enough of him

Can’t see it being any more than a week based on the grading system. Funnily enough, while the media are hanging Franklin, they are pretending that Pickett barely glanced his opponent and justifying why he shouldn’t be suspended for weeks.
Not to mention the Rowell bump on Juzzy which was hip direct to head. Juzzy was over the ball and had hands on it. The tackle was on.

Amazing they weren't lifted by the 9000 locals there who's second team is Gold Coast.
9000 is generous. Crowd of 13000 and I dare say about 6000 swans supporters came through Broadbeach South station while I was waiting for the bus back to Coolangatta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans beat Suns by 49 on the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back