Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Initially it looked like we were going to play like we have since that 4th quarter against GWS. However we upped our pressure in the 2nd and Norf just folded.

Overall great for our confidence but Lions at Gabba will be the true test.

Also I dgaf where people stand on Parker- some think he is a superstar some think he should have played vfl (the coach 🤣) some want to marry him, some don't, but whatever you think the guy has played over 280 games and to see him come on the field to a wild crowd was a genuinely awesome
moment ,
emotional to be honest.

Every player around him when he goaled , ****en fantastic
Whatever did happen to vonn?

I think Parker's mid fwd balance was quite good, I mean north suck but Parker was full of beans and that's was great to see.

There's almost a case to make him sub, but if he is moving like that he has to start,

I think Fox would fall out of the half forward spot as Harsh as that is

Most will say Adams, but if he is sub just drop him , and I thought he and Parker showed they can both play together.

All academic if Jmac is out

Just good to win again

Was better just watching the game
No. Not Fax. I think Adams. He might have kicked a goal but he missed two more, one point, one did not make the distance & went out of bounds. But he went missing for long periods. He is hit & miss disposal wise. Fox played a pivotal role today & was quite effective, even though some of his disposal was a little loose he was fad better than Tay

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pleasing, acceptable, time to really sharpen up for the tilt.

Mills and Parker back is nice, like how they were used. Will be interesting to see if we rotate through the mids a bit more

Key forwards a tune up is nice. Logan looking seriously good today.

Scoreboard avenues is good

I'm sure Juzzy will be back but disappointing

Let's go Swans let's win this damn thing
The lovely thing about having Heeney, Parker & Mills in the same side is we have so many more midfield mixes

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
So has McLean. I'd rest them both in consecutive weeks and give Hamling a couple of games at some stage
Exactly! All the more if we have a 3 game lead at the end of today.
Give Hamling 2 games to prove he's better than either of them - and then let the best two win the spots ongoing.

Fixture gets tougher from here.
Good return from Mills and especially Parker.
Hope Justin McInerney's knee will be alright.

On to the Gabba..

If only we’d kicked straight - oh well a wins a win. (Pray that the dogs win by a point against the blues) then we’ll 3 games ahead again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jmac PCL will most likely be 4- possibly 6. Back for the finals but that may mean we’ll have have great ‘sub-depth’ - btwn Jmac, Adams, Wicks, Fox

10 goal scorers :heavycheck: but not all scored 2 or more goals but 20 goals scored :heavycheck: but what about 🎯 :exclamation::exclamation:
We did not want injuries :heavymultiply:

My biggest takeaway. The return of confidence.

Last two losses the swans had struggled to move the ball due to pressure. Then just lost the confidence to actually take it on.

It was a bit like that during Q1.

However you could just see the team swell as for lack of a better expression. The ball bounced their way .

Great vibes with Parker kicking his first. You can see the unity.

Ironically he kinda took Rowies mantle as a tackling machine. He played his role perfectly.

Warner. F..k I'd give him six votes if he could kick consistently.

Gulden is just a machine. His running patterns are bonkers.

If Amartey Mclean and Mcdonald kick 8 a week Ill take it.

They also missed 7

Mcdonald faded a bit but was excellent early

i thought it was more that mclean and amartey were targeted more often than mcdonald as the game unfolded ... whether by design, i dunno ... but it all worked out pretty well
mcdonald certainly played with more physical authority early

• Better 4 quarter effort, although I'm not super convinced with the start and the skills in the first quarter and a bit were shocking (and a few absolute howlers across the rest of the day too)....but the effort was there which is the first step in starting better.
  • Goalkicking is a huge worry, but in general thought our forward half was terrific today. McDonald been our best early in games a few weeks in a row now when the starts haven't been so-so. Paps really good early too, but it wasn't just individuals, collectively really good from the front half.
  • Midfield got on board in the second qtr and we looked good from there. Grundy so important to us, centre bounce is maybe the one area they could've got us but he really dominated the ruck today and didn't give them a chance. Our defence has been shaky and looked shaky early, but the mids and forwards really protected them today from the 2nd quarter onwards.
  • Loved seeing Parker back, tackling and actually V lining the ball and man. One of the few I would probably trust on a set shot too. Lost nothing having him in the side, added some necessary hardness imo. Sub could be a good role for him, would actually impact late in games as the fresh player...impact is something we have not been getting from our subs. McInerney injury super disappointing though, especially as a leg injury to a running player...fingers crossed he can play some games before finals, need him.

Nice day in the sun.

Solid win and played out 4 quarters. Rather than just a burst.

Disappointing that McInerney is out injured but Heeney comes back into the 22.

Other than that some of the goal kicking was average. The positives were that they had gettable chances this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back