Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

I've carried on like a bit of a turnip re Parker for awhile, but hearing the crowd get around him when he took off the vest, when he came onto the ground, when he made his first tackle, and then seeing every Swan on the ground get around him when he kicked that goal was one of the more thrilling experiences I've had at the footy.

I know it's mental because it's hardly AJ returning from multiple knee reco's or Paddy coming back from a concussion, but it was a great moment.

Didn't expect that after a closely contested first quarter and a bit we just exploded midway through the 2nd Quarter and never looked back.

We seem to have changed our style another low pressure game from us in the tackle count

37 scoring shots many behinds way to many easy sitters missed but a great response from the last 2 weeks.
Initially it looked like we were going to play like we have since that 4th quarter against GWS. However we upped our pressure in the 2nd and Norf just folded.

Overall great for our confidence but Lions at Gabba will be the true test.
Swans will beat lions next week. Said it during the week all we needed to do was get back to winning today regardless if by a point or 100. Lions not going as well as perceived. Don’t like McInerney out but still think we will beat them.

I am so glad we gave this sort of performance today. It was not perfect. We turned the ball over far too easily at times. But if we clean up some of our disposal & get back to that perfect disposal game we will annihilate teams.

Why would you have Lion v Swans at 1:10pm on a Sunday? The Friday Night game is Bombers v Crows for effs sake.

Our win today makes that encounter a really huge one. We are learning from our training block, obviously. Today, North could not handle real pressure. They don't like pressure & if you bring it to them they fold. In the previous weeks, North have been able to avoid pressure by being able to keep possession of the ball. But we made them give the ball up. We made them make decisions they didn't want by Manning up, one on one. They hated this as it does not allow for their slow kicking short passing game to develop. We made them bomb it long. We made them cough thx ball up.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, I was shocked when I heard we were trading for him as I felt he wasn't needed. Yes, he offers leadership and a bit of depth, but in a fully fit side, I'll take Parker over him 10 times out of 10.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Why is it Parker or Adams?

I'll take both, we needed more grunt than last year .

I've carried on like a bit of a turnip re Parker for awhile, but hearing the crowd get around him when he took off the vest, when he came onto the ground, when he made his first tackle, and then seeing every Swan on the ground get around him when he kicked that goal was one of the more thrilling experiences I've had at the footy.

yes, i was quite surprised, and moved, by the feeling for parker, and that might be a real "moment" in the context of our season
there was a real sense of an all-in team bond when they all mobbed parker ...
that was a genuine team-lifting moment, you could feel it

We aren't winning a flag unless T Mccartin is at his best - Carlton talls would murder us without him.

His ball use is kind of dopey at the moment and some of his body work is off at times. I hope he is gearing up, next week a good test

To be fair, I was shocked when I heard we were trading for him as I felt he wasn't needed. Yes, he offers leadership and a bit of depth, but in a fully fit side, I'll take Parker over him 10 times out of 10.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Adams was most definitely needed our midfield was to young at the end of 2023 and Adams was a great pickup for cheap

Also I dgaf where people stand on Parker- some think he is a superstar some think he should have played vfl (the coach ) some want to marry him, some don't, but whatever you think the guy has played over 280 games and to see him come on the field to a wild crowd was a genuinely awesome
moment ,
emotional to be honest.

Every player around him when he goaled , ****en fantastic
Exactly. He is one of the heroes of the younger players. He has had to DJ far too much in recent years. He likes a mix of mid/forward 50/50 as he I very good forward. I think that will happen now

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tmac does some wrong no doubt in my mind

But to people remember he is 23 and our n1 key back already ?

He takes the n1 every week

Some are willing to let Logan off saying it takes time as a kf

Just remember he is the the actual n1 atm

Grundy and Richards were a duel , he hasn’t had that

I know it's mental because it's hardly AJ returning from multiple knee reco's or Paddy coming back from a concussion, but it was a great moment.

This whole board will be better when we all accept we are all bonkers for being this invested in this , let's just cut each other some slack?

Just save for the premiership merch

We aren't winning a flag unless T Mccartin is at his best - Carlton talls would murder us without him.

His ball use is kind of dopey at the moment and some of his body work is off at times. I hope he is gearing up, next week a good test
Like curnow last final

Mccartin smacked him

Looked to me like Adams was playing a lot across half forward. Butchered a gettable one but if he ends up with 2 goals instead of 1 and 13 disposals probably doesn't rate a mention. He's a dodgy kick but I like him as an option to roll through the middle.

I'm much more worried about Roberts' defence. Big weak link in our back 6 and just doesn't compete hard enough for the 50/50 ball.

It's irrelevant anyway, neither is getting dropped. Heeney in for Jmac.

North reverted back to early season North and looked cooked. Good pressure from us all game but some sloppy turnovers and kicks let us down. Goal kicking bit of a worry but it's fixable.
Nice to get a comfortable win again and get some game time into Parker and Mills. Jmac hopefully gets back before the finals. Would like to see if we could rest Blakey for a game before the finals looks a bit off it not sure if it's injury or just a lack of confidence.
See how we go against Brisbane they match up well on us and are formidable up at the Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back