Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked to me like Adams was playing a lot across half forward. Butchered a gettable one but if he ends up with 2 goals instead of 1 and 13 disposals probably doesn't rate a mention. He's a dodgy kick but I like him as an option to roll through the middle.

I'm much more worried about Roberts' defence. Big weak link in our back 6 and just doesn't compete hard enough for the 50/50 ball.

It's irrelevant anyway, neither is getting dropped. Heeney in for Jmac.
I'm not so sure about that. if Cunningham is fit to play the Lions, could see Roberts making way for him. We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can keep Andrews from zoning off he doesn't need to score.
He will score against Andrews. Andrews prefers a player like a Kernow because they run around a lot but also like to grapple. But Amartey, while he likes to run is more a leading forward. He will lead him to the ball cutting him out of the intercept

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically does Sam Reid ever find his way back in?

Mills & Parker were the highlights of the day for me. I really liked Mills just kinda patrolling the field doing whatever the heck he wants. I think we've always envisioned that sort of player being a supremely gifted, freak of nature, Adam Goodes type, but I think it really just needs to be someone who reads the game well and provides leadership. That's Mills. And Parker had a brilliant half with his physicality. We've really missed someone who could put body on and stick tackles like that. I kinda got this feeling that Davies-Uniacke was gonna build and build as the game went on and Parker was just like "nah **** that."

I thought all three talls had incredibly promising displays, in all the ways that we'd want them to. McLean linking up with his clunking marks, Amartey using his athleticism close to goal, McDonald getting around the ground and presenting.

I actually thought a number of players had poor games and at times it felt like that 2023 kinda vibe where we were relying on more individual brilliance than team plays, so I didn't really see it as a return to form, more just an important re-wiring after a few incredibly poor weeks. And the starts are still a massive concern. But just as losing can be infectious, hopefully this game reminds the boys how good winning is. Chase that feeling fellas.

Bummed about McInerney, hopefully it's not too bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back