News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

With the Sydney lockdown now confirmed, what impact does that have on the team? I'm sure many players and staff live in or have been to the areas now in lockdown.

The team is in Melbourne until further notice. We brought down 33 players and most of our staff hours before Sydney was declared a Red Zone by the Victorian Government. You would think that 33 players gets us through the next 3 to 4 weeks and we don't return to Sydney in the meantime. Only have the one home game against West Coast which will be moved to Geelong by most reports.

The team is in Melbourne until further notice. We brought down 33 players and most of our staff hours before Sydney was declared a Red Zone by the Victorian Government. You would think that 33 players gets us through the next 3 to 4 weeks and we don't return to Sydney in the meantime. Only have the one home game against West Coast which will be moved to Geelong by most reports.
Yeah but will the government's of Vic/sa impose a mandatory quarantine for anyone who has been to those areas recently? If they do our players and staff may be stuck in hotel quarantine.

Yeah but will the government's of Vic/sa impose a mandatory quarantine for anyone who has been to those areas recently? If they do our players and staff may be stuck in hotel quarantine.

We are fine for Victoria as we entered before the 7 LGA's were declared a Red Zone and we have an exemption to enter SA tomorrow

The concussions have stuffed him up as he's getting older he says.
Smartest/slowest player I've ever seen play.

Make no mistake Ted, Brain damaged or not, him, Rhys Jones and Evans are Carlton through and through. Evans the biggest disappointment of the trio as he was born into a Swans family born and bred Middle Park. Should not be that surprised though as Middle Park has had several defectors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you SwansProudly! I really enjoyed that interview.

Has Don always been this laid back in interviews, or is John rubbing off on him? Very similar styles, I thought...

I love that John reached out to find someone he felt would polish our attack while maintaining our contested and defensive footy, and then gave them the autonomy to do the job. Brilliant leadership!

We now have John, Dean and Don as our Primary coaches (imo), and while the rest of our assistants don't have much experience elsewhere, they are certainly getting a taste of different styles... Might really hold us in good stead... I'm in the 'Dean Cox will be our next head coach' camp, and so I hope we're lucky enough to keep Don for another year to give him greater experience of another perspective from a developmental POV.

Hang on to your hats! I reckon it's going to be a wild ride for the next five years, with this coaching group and our kids!!!

GO BLOODS!

Make no mistake Ted, Brain damaged or not, him, Rhys Jones and Evans are Carlton through and through. Evans the biggest disappointment of the trio as he was born into a Swans family born and bred Middle Park. Should not be that surprised though as Middle Park has had several defectors.

Evans never moved to Sydney and trained in Melbourne. Many players were unhappy about the move, treatment of Rantall etc. He would have been a one Club player, same with Peter Morrison.

Thank you SwansProudly! I really enjoyed that interview.

Has Don always been this laid back in interviews, or is John rubbing off on him? Very similar styles, I thought...

I love that John reached out to find someone he felt would polish our attack while maintaining our contested and defensive footy, and then gave them the autonomy to do the job. Brilliant leadership!

We now have John, Dean and Don as our Primary coaches (imo), and while the rest of our assistants don't have much experience elsewhere, they are certainly getting a taste of different styles... Might really hold us in good stead... I'm in the 'Dean Cox will be our next head coach' camp, and so I hope we're lucky enough to keep Don for another year to give him greater experience of another perspective from a developmental POV.

Hang on to your hats! I reckon it's going to be a wild ride for the next five years, with this coaching group and our kids!!!

GO BLOODS!
Horse was told !

26JUN21: Tom Hickey/AFL Website
26JUN21: Swans Fixture/AFL Website
We'll be playing the Eagles at Geelong it seems

Last edited:
26JUN21: Port v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
Down by 10 but I'm going to be replaying Buddy's rundown for a while I think

Last edited:
Down by 10 but I'm going to be replaying Buddy's rundown for a while I think

Status
Not open for further replies.