News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

I must admit, we spend so much time rating these guys as competitors that I forget that they are just humans. Absolutely beautiful scenes.
Hickey's little one is just as cute as, and looks like he's all of 2 inches tall standing next to dad!

The Final Quarter is on TV again as I write this. I have seen it before and I watched maybe 10 minutes of it this time before I had to switch it over. I am so upset by what happened and I am very emotional right now. This is one of the most difficult documentaries to watch, but everyone needs to. Goodsey, I am so sorry for what has continually happened to you and I wish you healing in the future.
People can be capable of the heights of humanity and others can drag everyone down back into the slime.
Sorry, but it's just a horrible thing and I needed to vent it.

The Final Quarter is on TV again as I write this. I have seen it before and I watched maybe 10 minutes of it this time before I had to switch it over. I am so upset by what happened and I am very emotional right now. This is one of the most difficult documentaries to watch, but everyone needs to. Goodsey, I am so sorry for what has continually happened to you and I wish you healing in the future.
People can be capable of the heights of humanity and others can drag everyone down back into the slime.
Sorry, but it's just a horrible thing and I needed to vent it.

spot-on ... and what makes it worse is that there's still so many ignorant fckwits perpetuating the pain and shame

07AUG21: Swans Coaching/The Age
Thanks for the heads up, Bedders!

Great article by Caro. How to do it right. First, start with the right people!

I have a fair bit o pride for the way we handle things

Great article by Caro. How to do it right. First, start with the right people!
What's obvious is the intent was completely different and other teams have missed the point in that regard and suffered because of it. Also, there was a level of personal trust and respect between them all that allowed this to take place.

What's obvious is the intent was completely different and other teams have missed the point in that regard and suffered because of it. Also, there was a level of personal trust and respect between them all that allowed this to take place.
Then you have Kennett and Clarko who hate each other and big head Mitchell stabbing.

100%
But cannot overlook the role of Colless and Ireland in this, being part of the plan, backing it 100% and bringing the organization along.
That is also why Melbourne worked. They replaced their President and brought in Peter Jackson as CEO. They worked with Roos right from the start to identify his successor and bring him in while Roos worked to turn the footy team around. Even then, there was a dip after Roos left, whereas Swans just kept rolling along.
Roos the common denominator but by no means the only factor.
Should be an MBA study unit.

Yep that's one of the keys. As Roos said, he meant for a succession plan to take place in which he was walking away from the job both times. Hawthorn and Collingwood didn't want to lose their respective whiz-kid coaches and wanted them to replace their old coaches. And neither of the old coaches wanted to leave. Very different situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that's one of the keys. As Roos said, he meant for a succession plan to take place in which he was walking away from the job both times. Hawthorn and Collingwood didn't want to lose their respective whiz-kid coaches and wanted them to replace their old coaches. And neither of the old coaches wanted to leave. Very different situations.
And both had ego-dominant presidents.

i was at homebush the night of paul kelly's last game (pretty sure this was that night) and the crowd had signs up pushing for roos to take over, and not terry wallace, as everyone had been led to believe was a fait accompli ... geez, that has worked out so well
talk about a sliding doors moment for the club ...

07AUG21: Tom Papley/AFL Website
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back