Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice broad initiative too by the looks

What a great initiative.

As long as Collective Minds isn’t involved ….. well played Swans!

To be posted in a new thread '2023 - b22 and game plan'

Theres no doubt that Logan performs better without Buddy
Theres also no doubt that a 3rd year KPF needs more time.
I reckon the Swans have a good track record at developing players.. and Logan will be no different. Ill back the club in to do what's best in regards to Logan/Buddy

Where and how does it address the 'coaching' aspects they refer to. The blurb underneath refers to try outs for indigenous kids but from the original blurb I thought it would also offer opportunities for those who want to gain some experience in coaching. #confused

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where and how does it address the 'coaching' aspects they refer to. The blurb underneath refers to try outs for indigenous kids but from the original blurb I thought it would also offer opportunities for those who want to gain some experience in coaching. #confused
The Sydney Swans First Nations Academy Trials, presented by SafetyCulture, is a sporting program designed to not only increase the participation and involvement of First Nations People across the whole of game, i.e. playing, coaching, strength and conditioning and administration. But also identify those with the physical capabilities and character to become a high-performing athlete.

The ten-week program will be holistic in its design, incorporating mental health and cultural education sessions with strategically planned technical and tactical training led by experienced staff. The program will provide a culturally safe and inclusive environment, fostering a greater sense of belonging and connection to AFL and the broader Sydney Swans family.

At the conclusion of the program, identified talent will be offered the opportunity to advance to a fully funded scholarship position with the QBE Sydney Swans Academy.

Format

• First Nations Boys and Girls aged 10 – 17
  • 9 x training sessions and 1 x camp
  • Mental health training for staff
  • 4 x mental health education sessions
  • 2 x cultural education sessions

Eligibility

The program is open to both males and females aged 10 – 17 years of age. To be eligible to apply for the First Nations Academy, a person must firstly be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent. In addition, to be eligible for the Swans Academy, the applicant must be ‘endorsed’ by the Swans Academy staff, the endorsement will cover both the physical and emotional / personal qualities of the applicant:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I gleaned from this initiative is that it is open to
  1. First Nations Boys and Girls aged 10 – 17
  2. the applicant must be ‘endorsed’ by the Swans Academy staff
I think that applicants would largely, but not limited to, come from the existing Swans Academy kids. Those that do not think that they will make it as an AFL/AFLW player, would then have the option of progressing a career in
  • playing,
  • coaching,
  • strength and conditioning, and
  • administration
via an opportunity to advance to a fully funded scholarship position with the QBE Sydney Swans Academy.

The off season continues

The off season continues

Errol going on a soccer tour while all the other boys in Europe are chilling on boats and beaches is completely and utterly predictable lmao

The off season continues

I can't find it or remember who posted it for the life of me but somewhere in the barrage of Europe posts there was a video of Blakey on a scooter and it was ******* hilarious. The guy is just a walking meme.

Last edited:
I can't find it or remember who posted it for the life of me but somewhere in the barrage of Europe posts there was a video of Blakey on a scooter and it was ******* hilarious. The guy is just a walking meme.
It was the second last image of rowbottoms post.

It was pretty comical seeing him zip past...
Screenshot_20221027-044926_Chrome.jpg

Ladhams would give him a run for his money though.

Screenshot_20221027-045003_Chrome.jpg

SYDNEY SWANS

Avoiding mental scarring

The stats suggest rebounding from a grand final thrashing is very difficult. Since 1995, teams that have lost a decider by 40 points or more have failed to win a final in the following season. Granted, Sydney certainly shouldn’t get any worse in 2023 from a list standpoint given the emerging youth and the fact that most veterans will still be there. Still, it is a heavy, heavy loss on football’s biggest day and is enough to shake the foundations of any side. It’ll be a hard issue for the Swans to address until the finals series, but it’s one they must conquer to get closer to premiership glory.

SYDNEY SWANS

Avoiding mental scarring

The stats suggest rebounding from a grand final thrashing is very difficult. Since 1995, teams that have lost a decider by 40 points or more have failed to win a final in the following season. Granted, Sydney certainly shouldn’t get any worse in 2023 from a list standpoint given the emerging youth and the fact that most veterans will still be there. Still, it is a heavy, heavy loss on football’s biggest day and is enough to shake the foundations of any side. It’ll be a hard issue for the Swans to address until the finals series, but it’s one they must conquer to get closer to premiership glory.

Spot on IMO.

I
SYDNEY SWANS

Avoiding mental scarring

Definitely could imo

Especially the clubs 3rd loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back