Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Clarke a lot, and really respect him, but he's still got a hell of a battle keeping his spot.
I hope he continues improving and solidifies himself.

Its a incredibly taxing role negating a opposition best player week in and week out along with trying to make a impact yourself.

Its a short shelf life unless your a Steven Baker or Crowley but those 2 are the exceptions.

Its a incredibly taxing role negating a opposition best player week in and week out along with trying to make a impact yourself.

Its a short shelf life unless your a Steven Baker or Crowley but those 2 are the exceptions.
Role players are always at the mercy of necessity. Once their role isn't necessary, their value to the team can drop significantly. A look back over trade periods of the last ten or so years shows they're among the most commonly-traded players.

Might explain why Clarke only got a one year contract from us, as both he and the club may not have that certainty as to where he will stand in the future.

while Clarke started off as a tagger I feel towards the end he contributed more than many small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to 2014 nobody gives a s**t wont get any support.

To late we rolled over when it mattered 9yrs ago.
You think Eddie would of let his Pies cop a trade ban?
I was raging about it too But as The King has pointed out , the AFL own us financially and appoint 7 out of 9 board members. Just have to cop it. Our hierarchy have to accept being the crash test dummies of the AFL.

I was raging about it too But as The King has pointed out , the AFL own us financially and appoint 7 out of 9 board members. Just have to cop it. Our hierarchy have to accept being the crash test dummies of the AFL.
I’d sooner see us be the Rebel kid of the family… push back as hard as you can, see on a commercial level AFL needs successful Swans for TV rights, advertising ect we have more leverage than we think or act like, time to grow some
🏀🏈⚾🥎 - subservience gets us nowhere anyway…

If Pridham hasn’t the ticker to do so.. p**ss him off and get someone who will

Impossible not to like and respect Kinnear Beatson. In one of the earlier clips (in answer to assessing potential draftees), he said they spoke to Ollie Forent's Mum. They got her blessing for Ollie to come to Sydney. He said, ( paraphrased) if she hadn't given her blessing, they would not have drafted Ollie. We wouldn't break her heart twice in the one year. I teared up.

Impossible not to like and respect Kinnear Beatson. In one of the earlier clips (in answer to assessing potential draftees), he said they spoke to Ollie Forent's Mum. They got her blessing for Ollie to come to Sydney. He said, ( paraphrased) if she hadn't given her blessing, they would not have drafted Ollie. We wouldn't break her heart twice in the one year. I teared up.
Listening to Beatson and McCartney it's been interesting. Beatson seems to do a lot of due diligence when it comes to recruiting players from interstate, if he feels they wont make the move we wont keep talking to them. We always make considerations about their connections and who they can lean on outside the club. Spoken about it with Florent, Hickey, Stephens. All already had connections in Sydney regardless of the Swans. I think we've just accepted there are players who we can't approach and just move on from it.

Giants have been burnt a lot. I can understand their frustrations. They likely backed themselves in to keep their best talent but it's just been an endless cycle for them at this stage.

Listening to Beatson and McCartney it's been interesting. Beatson seems to do a lot of due diligence when it comes to recruiting players from interstate, if he feels they wont make the move we wont keep talking to them. We always make considerations about their connections and who they can lean on outside the club. Spoken about it with Florent, Hickey, Stephens. All already had connections in Sydney regardless of the Swans. I think we've just accepted there are players who we can't approach and just move on from it.

Giants have been burnt a lot. I can understand their frustrations. They likely backed themselves in to keep their best talent but it's just been an endless cycle for them at this stage.
Been burnt , they have been kissed on the #### from the start , wind them up and send the licence to Tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back