News Swans Talk in the Media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Adam Simpson. Seems like a good person, and he's taken them to a premiership in recent times.

Sure, they've made some bad decisions with respect to list management, but those decisions can't all fall on Simpson's shoulders.

I don't see how sacking Simpson puts them in a better position. He'd merely be a scapegoat, and the coach that comes in is probably just keeping the seat warm and will eventually get the sack as well. You see it time and time again.

Two things I liked last night -

1. Hickey immediately after the game made a beeline for Adam Simpson to Pat him on the back.

2. Horse spending time with his old team mate after the game.

1. Hickey immediately after the game made a beeline for Adam Simpson to Pat him on the back.

Overall our demeanour after the game was good. We didn't carry on, we still treated the opposition with major respect

Agreed. I also noticed our players showing humility in the latter parts of the match e.g. Parker offering a hand to help his opponent up after a tackle. That was one of many gestures, which I thought showed great sportsmanship, and it continued with Hickey & Horse going over to Simpson after the match.

I like WC as a club, they've never struck me as floggish. And Simpson as a coach seems like a genuinely good guy. I hope he isn't collateral damage. The club just needs an opportunity to reset and build for the future, but they need to make a few tough calls on their list. Need to start looking at who will be there in 5 years time. Their fans deserve better, so there's no room for sentiment in their list decisions. I just don't think Simmo is the problem.

I like WC as a club, they've never struck me as floggish. And Simpson as a coach seems like a genuinely good guy. I hope he isn't collateral damage. The club just needs an opportunity to reset and build for the future, but they need to make a few tough calls on their list. Need to start looking at who will be there in 5 years time. Their fans deserve better, so there's no room for sentiment in their list decisions. I just don't think Simmo is the problem.
Unfortunately, someone has to be the scapegoat and it's usually the coach

Agreed. I also noticed our players showing humility in the latter parts of the match e.g. Parker offering a hand to help his opponent up after a tackle. That was one of many gestures, which I thought showed great sportsmanship, and it continued with Hickey & Horse going over to Simpson after the match.

Unfortunately, someone has to be the scapegoat and it's usually the coach
Sacking the coach won't make the players suddenly uninjured though

It's more than injuries though. They've had to dig deep and have some wafl players in, but GC and GWS never had so many losses like this in their early days, and I'd rate, on paper, their teams of a lower standard than what the Eagles should be right now

I agree & I think Adam Simpson is a genuinely decent man.

But West Coast supporters are still the most vile crowd in the AFL.

I don’t mind seeing them suffer. Not one little bit.

Ever hear about 06 and the drug cheating

Earlier this season I would have been in your camp.

However, there was a complete lack of effort from the players on the ground yesterday, it looked like they'd given up.
Reckon maybe 4 or 5 of their players actually put in acceptable efforts when they didn't have the ball...
That comes down the the culture of the club and has to feed back to the coach (and wider tbh).

Earlier this season I would have been in your camp.

However, there was a complete lack of effort from the players on the ground yesterday, it looked like they'd given up.
Reckon maybe 4 or 5 of their players actually put in acceptable efforts when they didn't have the ball...
That comes down the the culture of the club and has to feed back to the coach (and wider tbh).
You have a fair point, and some of their efforts today was totally unacceptable.

But on the flip side, he's the same coach that managed to inspire his side to come back from a shocking start against Collingwood to snatch the victory after being 5 goals down. But to their credit they clawed their way back into the match.

We haven't shown that much grit in a GF since 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely pathetic! Did about 3-4 minutes on the game, all about the Eagles, and not a single mention of how we played. Only the highest score in 12 years, biggest margin as well for that long. Screw the AFL!

Absolutely pathetic! Did about 3-4 minutes on the game, all about the Eagles, and not a single mention of how we played. Only the highest score in 12 years, biggest margin as well for that long. Screw the AFL!
To be fair, I think any time a team scores 200 points in a game the story out of it should always be about the other team.

I agree, but there was absolutely nothing about how we played at all, the fact it hasn't happened for so long should get something called out.
You must be new to AFL media :p

James Franco Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back