Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if the succession is already in place for 2025 onwards

Actually would be very interesting if he stays this is Longmire last contract if he goes then Longmire extends.
It's tricky because ideally Horse wouldn't be going anywhere for a long time. Best coach in the league at present I'd say. At the same time, if he really does see Cox as his one and only worthy successor, then you can't take him for granted and assume he'll stick around as 2IC.

Perhaps what may be best for the club is Horse going out arguably at the peak of his powers so it can ensure a succession plan.

But I dunno. The thought of anyone but Horse coaching us gives me the ick.

It's tricky because ideally Horse wouldn't be going anywhere for a long time. Best coach in the league at present I'd say. At the same time, if he really does see Cox as his one and only worthy successor, then you can't take him for granted and assume he'll stick around as 2IC.

Perhaps what may be best for the club is Horse going out arguably at the peak of his powers so it can ensure a succession plan.

Eh I thought the same when Roos was leaving, now look at us.

Longmire is the Bellamy of the AFL

A “bad” senior coach is rare.

We’d do very well under Dean Cox, or many other qualified coaches.

If Cox goes to West Coast, such is life.

If Chad & Gus go to West Coast … 😩

The arrogance is extraordinary;

“We will speak (to the AFL) about Opening Round; we won't be going if it is just two clubs going to Sydney,” Browne told the Herald Sun.

Apparently Collingwood decide their own fixture.

In the original HSun article (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ws-story/a7af7da863715a3849a66407c4155dd4?amp) Browne suggests Opening Round should be spread across the Northern states
“Half the teams could go to Brisbane and half the teams could go to Sydney.

“It neutralises disadvantage but also pumps up the development of those markets. We are fully supportive of that. We want to go there, but we want to make sure it is fair for everyone.”

Good to see the Magpies calling out fixturing disadvantages. :rolleyes:

PS ZH he's the President not CEO.

sataris is one of the good folk on here ... brings humour and a sense that football is not the be-all and end-all
and he (or she) gave me a shiny dollar to say that

Thank you.

Also, A shiny new donkey if you bring me the head of Colonel Montoya before the next full moon.

“We will speak (to the AFL) about Opening Round; we won't be going if it is just two clubs going to Sydney,” Browne told the Herald Sun.

In the original HSun article (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ws-story/a7af7da863715a3849a66407c4155dd4?amp) Browne suggests Opening Round should be spread across the Northern states

“It neutralises disadvantage but also pumps up the development of those markets. We are fully supportive of that. We want to go there, but we want to make sure it is fair for everyone.”

So Gather Round across two states? Honestly would rather each team begin the season at the same time and have a Bye at the same time. During the Bye week, they can bring back the EJ Whitten game, have another fundraiser centered on footy, or something else. But all these Byes across different weeks is a joke and a breeding ground for complaints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gather Round across two states? Honestly would rather each team begin the season at the same time and have a Bye at the same time. During the Bye week, they can bring back the EJ Whitten game, have another fundraiser centered on footy, or something else. But all these Byes across different weeks is a joke and a breeding ground for complaints.
Maybe they should have just rotated gather round each year, like it was initially intended.

Browne and Pridham are close friends , no doubt they have discussed it

Fox Footy needs to lose their licence immediately for going hard at Isaac Heeney. They’re a national broadcaster. Not a pro-Vic one. Any way we can complain about them to someone?

Fox Footy needs to lose their licence immediately for going hard at Isaac Heeney. They’re a national broadcaster. Not a pro-Vic one. Any way we can complain about them to someone?

Kellie Chunderwoods first comment at the break was ‘Isaac Heeney may be in trouble with a swinging arm and clenched fist collecting Webster in the face’

It was in fact, the back of his hand.

654F6FFC-8FFD-442D-BBEF-8659F8E03D13.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back