Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

21JUL24: Lions vs Swans Match Reports New
Down in a close one.

Paywalled:

for those that diss david king

on first crack they showed that sydney lost 4 close ones and questioned whether we can win close games

dismissed it straight away and was some awkwardness when he called the others out about it

for those that diss david king

on first crack they showed that sydney lost 4 close ones and questioned whether we can win close games

dismissed it straight away and was some awkwardness when he called the others out about it

I don't think he made a particularly compelling argument in fairness.

"If they'd won they wouldn't have lost" yeah but we didn't win. I thought Huddo was pretty reasonable in that discussion.

I think you can make excuses for the losses but until we win a close one they're just excuses.

Is the Dogs game the closest win we've had?

I'd argue there's a case for Lions being number 1.

So will Wheatley , he might sneak Carlton above us , Bulldogs and Hawthorn too.

But in all seriousness yeah I think Brisbane would be 1 on current form.

So will Wheatley , he might sneak Carlton above us , Bulldogs and Hawthorn too.

But in all seriousness yeah I think Brisbane would be 1 on current form.

Lions
Blues
Us
Dogs

Wouldn't be an unreasonable order based on the last 6 weeks.

Why worry about what poindexter thinks

I'm not worried , doesn't mean we can't chat about it? I don't care where we rank, ladder is what matters and the last day of the year, that will determine where we rank.

Lions
Blues
Us
Dogs

Wouldn't be an unreasonable order based on the last 6 weeks.

If I took my Swans glasses off which is difficult to do.

I think Lions form line says 1.

I think our close losses save us perhaps and keep us 2, lose next week and that changes. But losing 3 in 4 is poor.

Carlton I would put lower because of the 2 losses and barely beating North.

I might go Freo 3 and Carlton 4.

Gws and Dogs coming.

But they won't pay us to do it I guess.

I'm not worried , doesn't mean we can't chat about it? I don't care where we rank, ladder is what matters and the last day of the year, that will determine where we rank.
That's it . Too many on here and X worry about commentators . I fronted Mcevaney before the 98 Elim final against the Hawks at the SCG, i said why are you always pumping the Oppo m, he tapped me on the shoulder and said he loves the swans , but just tries to make it more exciting . I actually think Wolfgang was there as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it . Too many on here and X worry about commentators . I fronted Mcevaney before the 98 Elim final against the Hawks at the SCG, i said why are you always pumping the Oppo m, he tapped me on the shoulder and said he loves the swans , but just tries to make it more exciting . I actually think Wolfgang was there as well

Too many worry? but you confronted Mcaveney and tweet at other journos having a crack and spend a lot of time in the media thread?

26 years ago sport and yes i tweet at rat journo's that lag players like Heeney in

Yeah so that's I am saying you do care , more than anyone else . Which is fine but we can chat too

Got to love the media this morning, "Swans Worry" "Swans back to the pack"

Brisbane beat a depleted Swans by under a goal on their home deck

Carlton struggled against a brave North Melbourne.

Fremantle didn't play much and at home

A special shoutout to

Pies and Bombers for giving us some Lolz

Yet we are the ones getting pasted in the media (Melbourne Mafia)

A special shoutout to

Have not heard 1 person paste us as you said . Ive read the paper listened to SEN all morning and everyone has said we were brave with the injuries !

A special shoutout to

I don't think it's unreasonable after three losses in four. There are mitigating factors, and I agree it shows just how close we still came to beating the Lions, but if McInerney and Papley plus potentially Mills are out for an extended period then it's a concern.

It's why for weeks I've been saying that being the side with the least players used wasn't necessarily a good thing, but it's a big relief that it looks like someone like Corey is able to step up.

Have not heard 1 person paste us as you said . Ive read the paper listened to SEN all morning and everyone has said we were brave with the injuries !

Yep Media banging on yesterday was a grand final preview.

If Sydney don't have Papley Jmac Mills Rowbottom Rampe Hayward this week then media would be silly not to have a few doubts.

A special shoutout to

I'm fine with us copping it, it's a bit deserved IMO, but Brisbane shouldn't be getting much love for yesterday's win.

22JUL24: Swans Daily Media New
Lot's of discussion out of the weekend - as expected.

22JUL24: Swans Daily Media Part 2 New
Paywalled Herald Sun - The Tackle

1. SO CLOSE, AND SO FAR

Sydney has lost four games this season, by five points (Richmond), by one point (Fremantle), by two points (St Kilda) and by two points (Brisbane). That’s not the concern. Always in the run home to finals, the health of the list is paramount. Tom Papley was flying before his ankle injury on Sunday and his loss is huge. Because the Swans are not a prominent mark-and-goal forward line and rely heavily on midfield and small forward goals, Papley’s absence will be felt. At the other end, Dane Rampe has the old man injury – calf soreness – and equally his absence will hurt the Swans. Still the Swans were mighty in defeat. With Papley and Rampe off the ground, and Will Hayward carrying an ankle injury the Swans almost secured a remarkable victory. Just two goals between Amartey and McDonald highlights an area of concern, though. There’s a question or questions on every team and for Sydney the question is: Can these two be relied upon in September? Time will tell.

Can Joel Amartey and Logan McDonald be relied on on the run home? Picture: Russell Freeman/AFL Photos via Getty Images.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back