Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of BJ's (usually) intelligent and thoughtful writing. It makes for a refreshing change from all the regular numpties who mostly just parrot each other.
Read his twitter feed & you won’t see intelligent or thoughtful - you’ll see smug.

But fear not Mr Duck (my kindred waterfowl), for there is always Will Hayward’s twitter to save the day.

Will we see any article calling out that tossa Macrae? He's quick to blame umpiring for any Pies loss and somehow glosses over the non-calls and wrong calls that got them so many close wins and even a flag through dodgy umpiring. A flag out of a team he didn't build and a wink to his old mates at the AFL from Eddie the racist

Shulz dumps Heeney in a dangerous tackle - Play on! Seconds later sidebum ducks and gets a free inside 50. Come on Macrae, why don't you be honest and mention that. Home ground advantage? My arse. You brought your own umpires and you still lost. Back to back? Back to obscurity.

Slightly off topic (I admit) but current and almost relevant....

My brother is a Pies supporter from Tassie. He was at the SCG tonight (poor sod), standing in the rain and wondering why, when Hobart has half the rainfall of Sydney, and less than Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth too, why weren't the media asking why Hobart had to build a roof, just to have a team?

10AUG24: Swans Daily Media New
Last edited:
How tone deaf is Macrae to say that "home ground advantage exists" and "that would have been paid at the MCG" and not understand the point he's inadvertently making?

As for the decision itself - I couldn't have been too filthy if it was paid, but I'm glad the umpire recognized that Tom couldn't have done much more to pull up and follow instructions.

How tone deaf is Macrae to say that "home ground advantage exists" and "that would have been paid at the MCG" and not understand the point he's inadvertently making?

As for the decision itself - I couldn't have been too filthy if it was paid, but I'm glad the umpire recognized that Tom couldn't have done much more to pull up and follow instructions.

Still can’t believe so many, including a few on this board, are fooled by him. He’s a brat and a sore loser who won a flag on the longest run of luck I’ve ever seen.

What a delight it is to end their season and hopefully they slip back in to the bottom four for a few years yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic (I admit) but current and almost relevant....

My brother is a Pies supporter from Tassie. He was at the SCG tonight (poor sod), standing in the rain and wondering why, when Hobart has half the rainfall of Sydney, and less than Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth too, why weren't the media asking why Hobart had to build a roof, just to have a team?
Fair point, it’s not that much colder there compared to Melbourne either.

I assume it would be because of the location (waterfront) and the subsequent climate (mostly cold and windy).. but a roof shouldn’t be a deal breaker there.

Fair point, it’s not that much colder there compared to Melbourne either.

I assume it would be because of the location (waterfront) and the subsequent climate (mostly cold and windy).. but a roof shouldn’t be a deal breaker there.
Part of me loves the heritage of the SCG but i also would love a new stadium. But we just don't have the private ownership net worth of US sport or Football clubs around the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back