Remove this Banner Ad

So us Swans fans shouldn’t be nervous at all

#toosoon
Yeah, he mentioned the dreaded girlfriend
nervous season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yeah, he mentioned the dreaded girlfriend
nervous season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
If he leaves for 2026 then he leaves.
We are a team after all. Worst case scenario it will get us a good package of picks that we can invest in another Dylan Stephens or Ling. Or better still, another young star who leaves when nearing peak like Warner or Dawson.
But that will get us a few really high draft picks as compensation to use on players like Dylan Stephens or Ling.
Should all work out successfully, we get to play a GF on the MCG where we have a 10-20% chance of winning the premiership.
So it’s not all bad.

We are a team after all. Worst case scenario it will get us a good package of picks that we can invest in another Dylan Stephens or Ling. Or better still, another young star who leaves when nearing peak like Warner or Dawson.
But that will get us a few really high draft picks as compensation to use on players like Dylan Stephens or Ling.
Should all work out successfully, we get to play a GF on the MCG where we have a 10-20% chance of winning the premiership.
So it’s not all bad.

This sadly summed it up so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought someone on here said Jay Clarke was massively Vic-centric and biased? Just been on Mid-Week Tackle saying bringing back COLA is a must and that the Northern Academies are important for the growth of the player pool.
It's actually a very balanced discussion on it. I like the call out on the challenges the Assistance Coaches have to put up with. Would be happy to see the money go there to help them out.

All these young blokes get drafted at 18, move to Sydney, live in the Eastern Suburbs with gorgeous girls (and guys and whatever else that attracts them) everywhere yet all seem to still have partners from their original states. I don't get it.

They’re all in committed relationships by the time they’re 18 it’s uncanny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All these young blokes get drafted at 18, move to Sydney, live in the Eastern Suburbs with gorgeous girls (and guys and whatever else that attracts them) everywhere yet all seem to still have partners from their original states. I don't get it.

It’s the way with other cities too and there are other factors at play but if you talk to young people who move to Sydney, they’ll often reflect on how the city is very cliquey and hard to make friends in. Not everyone has that problem but we can be a fairly insular place as a rule. I think a lot of people struggle to expand their social circles as much as they’d like in Sydney.

Is it time for the club to set up a department dedicated to ruining romantic relationships?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the way with other cities too and there are other factors at play but if you talk to young people who move to Sydney, they’ll often reflect on how the city is very cliquey and hard to make friends in. Not everyone has that problem but we can be a fairly insular place as a rule. I think a lot of people struggle to expand their social circles as much as they’d like in Sydney.

I doubt young AFL players earning good money have trouble finding new "friends"

I had a long term girlfriend from 17-21 odd 😅

My cousin who was on manly's list (retired due to injury) just married the same girl he has been dating since 14 (but they were best friends from even before this).

Its rare but it does happen.

Is it time for the club to set up a department dedicated to ruining romantic relationships?

No the opposite. We want the girlfriends happy and wanting to stay in Sydney, not running back to their family.

Tadgh Kennelly did a whole year in the Gaelic comp in Ireland and came back to his Sydney gf. That's the ideal.

Not sure why but I think Sutherland region has a lot of very good looking people in general.

Wow, I actually think the opposite.

Sydney is diverse and welcoming*, because so many have moved there from other parts of the world.

Perth, on the other hand, is the "cliquey capital of the world".

First question you get asked in Perth: "what school did you go to?" - if the answer isn't the one they're looking for, they'll immediately put you on ignore & endeavour to find someone who is a member of their former-school tribe.

* except the Shire. Which isn't really part of Sydney.

So it’s not all bad.

That was deep to read

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back