Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

LLoyd is a flog. Must have the memory of a goldfish if he considers Carlton a serious threat.

"That's where Michael Voss is coaching at the peak of his powers at the moment – what he's doing in taking away the strength of opposition teams."

We gave them a 31 point head start then switch it on half way through the first term and blitz them by 52 points for an 83 point turnaround. It makes Geelong's 65 point turnaround look competitive.

That's the peak of Voss' powers...

LLoyd is a flog. Must have the memory of a goldfish if he considers Carlton a serious threat.

"That's where Michael Voss is coaching at the peak of his powers at the moment – what he's doing in taking away the strength of opposition teams."

We gave them a 31 point head start then switch it on half way through the first term and blitz them by 52 points for an 83 point turnaround. It makes Geelong's 65 point turnaround look competitive.

To be fair, we are boring to write about right now in term of performance.

"Swans once again started slow and then clicked into gear in the second quarter. The Swans piled on a stunning 10 plus goals to 2 after qtr time to win by five goals. Lead by the midfield trio, JJ clamp down, Grundy progressively got himself into the game, Blakey had "surprising" defensive nouce and run, on of our three key forwards kick 2 or 3... etc"

Seems the MO every week

To be fair, we are boring to write about right now in term of performance.

"Swans once again started slow and then clicked into gear in the second quarter. The Swans piled on a stunning 10 plus goals to 2 after qtr time to win by five goals. Lead by the midfield trio, JJ clamp down, Grundy progressively got himself into the game, Blakey had "surprising" defensive nouce and run, on of our three key forwards kick 2 or 3... etc"

Seems the MO every week
It's why I am lowkey hoping for someone to just have a stupidly good game. Like JMac gets 35 and 2 goals. McDonald kicks 10. Florrent, Blakey and Lloyd all get handball receives and kick bombs from outside 50.

It's why I am lowkey hoping for someone to just have a stupidly good game. Like JMac gets 35 and 2 goals. McDonald kicks 10. Florrent, Blakey and Lloyd all get handball receives and kick bombs from outside 50.
The thing is, that could be a real headline and no-one would flinch. Haters would find someone to hate. The bar would be raised. If Heeney, Chad or Gulden were to have 25 disposals, 15 contested, 11 marks, 6 tackles, eight score involvements, two goals and 450m gained the board would light up with rumours of injury and complaints of inconsistency.

11JUN24: Swans Daily Media New
To be updated as the poddy's are released on line

Paywalled article:

Pridham said any suggestion Sydney had a better fixture given its significant travel demands was wide of the mark.

“I think the Opening round was a huge success. What I don’t accept is how you can draw any correlation to performance and two byes. Brisbane has had two byes and they have gone from a Grand final to well out of the eight. Show me the correlation,” he told this masthead.

There is none. Collingwood plays seven of the last eight games of the season at the MCG.

Last edited:
Scroll down to section with Hodge
Scattered Swans chatter throughout.
I might be on my own here, but I like listening to Hodge. Reckon he has good insights and doesn't come across with an agenda, mores just tells it like it is
He does and he likes us

Lloyd is good and there is along way to go , they are 2nd for a reason

Think calling Lloyd a flog is exceptionally harsh, he's one of the most balanced and evenhanded pundits in the business. He's saying they're the biggest threat to us, not that they're flag favourites. Him saying they're the biggest threats could well be saying that we're miles in front of second favourite.

By the way the Bookies also have the Blues as second favourites so Lloyd isn't particularly out of order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think calling Lloyd a flog is exceptionally harsh, he's one of the most balanced and evenhanded pundits in the business. He's saying they're the biggest threat to us, not that they're flag favourites. Him saying they're the biggest threats could well be saying that we're miles in front of second favourite.

By the way the Bookies also have the Blues as second favourites so Lloyd isn't particularly out of order.
You're probably right SM. My dislike of Lloyd is personal. I spend years waiting for him to pluck a little bit of pretend grass and throw it into the air before every shot at goal. It was the ultimate in time wasting. It was a long time before umpires began to belatedly crack down on him.

You're probably right SM. My dislike of Lloyd is personal. I spend years waiting for him to pluck a little bit of pretend grass and throw it into the air before every shot at goal. It was the ultimate in time wasting. It was a long time before umpires began to belatedly crack down on him.

Think it was just routine or superstition by the time it came to the end of his career.

A lot of elite sports people have set routines (tennis players with how many times they bounce the ball, Josh Kennedy (WCE) with his stutter step or even I had set routines with my fencing.

I honestly don't think he was time wasting, he would be going through his checks, calming his heart rate and taking his shot (and to be fair, Lloyd was one of the greatest set shots of all time so it worked).

Its a pure mental thing and completely understandable.

Think it was just routine or superstition by the time it came to the end of his career.

A lot of elite sports people have set routines (tennis players with how many times they bounce the ball, Josh Kennedy (WCE) with his stutter step or even I had set routines with my fencing.

I honestly don't think he was time wasting, he would be going through his checks, calming his heart rate and taking his shot (and to be fair, Lloyd was one of the greatest set shots of all time so it worked).

Its a pure mental thing and completely understandable.

I agree, many of us have set routines Bonz, and not only in sport. LLoyd wasn't deliberately time wasting but his routine brought the game to a standstill for too long. Other players didn't spend that much time. I suspect the sheer length of Lloyd's routine was a big reason why shot clocks were introduced.

I agree, many of us have set routines Bonz, and not only in sport. LLoyd wasn't deliberately time wasting but his routine brought the game to a standstill for too long. Other players didn't spend that much time. I suspect the sheer length of Lloyd's routine was a big reason why shot clocks were introduced.

Presume you hate Ben Brown then?

How do you get from dislike to hate? Of course I don't hate Ben Brown. I don't hate anyone.

Calling someone a flog is pretty strong. But ok, I presume you dislike Ben Brown?

Calling someone a flog is pretty strong. But ok, I presume you dislike Ben Brown?
You do need to let people express their opinion on here SM.
Disagree by all means. The opinion is there for all to see & we all make our own minds up but you need to let it go rather than going back & forth with it. The both of us did it the other day & it must have been boring as bat shit posting others has to see.
None of us get things right all the time & occasionally we all post some weird stuff in frustration but then need move on.
Just my thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back