Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I think KC is summarising the content of Clarkos comments on the Judiciar
What's that got to do with Clarko ?
He said you shouldn't miss out on a brownlow for footy acts , as issac was trying to knock the arm away and the other bloke lowered himself .

Not sure what there is to disagree about mate - it reads pretty straightforward to me. He’s precising Clarko’s comments. 🤷🏻

I will never understand how David King of all people gets some so riled up!

I think he's generally fine. He's been wrapping us all year too.

Yep, very weird.

I think some just view 'the media' as the enemy incapable of nuance.

Watching FC for the first time in a very long time…how the hell did they manage to recruit two of the biggest media flogs in the caper to the same show? It’s hard to think there could be a bigger one than Tom Morris, no we can do better, we will raise you with Sam McClure.
That was the worst combination I have ever seen together on any Footy Talk Show. McClure is cringeworthy he is so bad with his pontificating BS and the other guy is not far behind with his tripe.

FC has been caught with their hand on it - Fox Footy have jumped into bed with HS - with a new show Midweek Tackle featuring Murdoch journos with all the goss.

This way 360 can stay relatively ‘clean’ and OTC can pretend to be ‘hi-brow’

FC are trying to be all things and ending up in the middle of a ‘cream pie special’

Last edited:
Getting a bit pissed off at other teams having a crack at us supporting Heens at the game yesterday. Had some idiot of a Saints fan call it the most cringeworthy thing he's seen this century...at which point I reminded him of the time they set a dwarf on fire at their Mad Monday.

That Saints fan clearly needs to look at his on team for this cringe moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be our next coach by the sounds of things. I like it!

Pretty much suggests 2025 will be Longmire last

Should be our next coach by the sounds of things. I like it!

Saw the headline and thought why are they quoting one of our VFL top up players 🤔

Yep, Jake's brother.
#54 in last week's VFL team.
Is it confirmed that it's Jake's brother? I had taken that at face value when someone announced that just before his first game with us, but the VFL commentary teams don't seem to have caught on. It's impossible for Corey to touch the ball without them referencing Chad, or Indhi without them referencing Brett. They were well onto (and into) Charlie McCartin's brotherly links. But I'm yet to hear the commentary team reference Jake when Matty is called.

Edit: I just found this, which confirms he is. Maybe I was the only one needing any confirmation. Still think it's odd the commentators haven't caught on.

Is it confirmed that it's Jake's brother? I had taken that at face value when someone announced that just before his first game with us, but the VFL commentary teams don't seem to have caught on. It's impossible for Corey to touch the ball without them referencing Chad, or Indhi without them referencing Brett. They were well onto (and into) Charlie McCartin's brotherly links. But I'm yet to hear the commentary team reference Jake when Matty is called.
To be fair, that would require more than a few commentators knowing who Jake Lloyd actually is, a feat even one of the commentators mentioned the other day when they called him the most underrated player of the last decade because he's been so good for the Swans yet no one outside of the Swans knows who he is.

FC has been caught with their hand on it - Fox Footy have jumped into bed with HS - with a new show Midweek Tackle featuring Murdoch journos with all the goss.

This way 360 can stay relatively ‘clean’ and OTC can pretend to be ‘hi-brow’

FC are trying to be all things and ending up in the middle of a ‘cream pie special’
The only decent one on that is Glenn Mcfarlane , the rest like Clarke and Ralph are parasites . 3 nights of journo's to fill content

Edit: I just found this, which confirms he is. Maybe I was the only one needing any confirmation. Still think it's odd the commentators haven't caught on.

I didn't realise that! (Though I'd guessed he wasn't Matt Lloyd's brother). Must be quite a bit younger.

Think he has played three or four games already. 99% sure that in his first game, commentators did mention it a few times. From memory the third McCartin bro played his first game a week later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back