Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I took what McRae said about the 50 to refer to the impact of home crowd noise on umpiring decisions.
As such it's a direct criticism of the umps.
Then he talked about the "circus" of the "deliberate OOB" displaying his wilful ignorance of the rule.
Again a direct criticism of the umps.
Slap on the wrist manifestly inadequate.
Pies have been using the ambiguity of this rule to win games for 3 seasons. The deliberately push the ball out, making it look like an accident. On both occasions they did this but the eyes were looking at the boundary.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

oh yeah, i'm not saying collingwood are any great shakes ... more a comment on lyon's negativity towards the swans, which sort of reflects the vic football media's attitude for most of the season, in dismissing or denigrating anything good about our performance ... and let's face it, there hasn't been much of that lately
in this case, the one thing we can take out of the game, as you say, is the grit and fight ... surely that's fair enough

lyon then pointed out we play essendon this week, and managed to somehow talk up essendon (!?!) in explaining how we'd have to do better again against a(nother) team with its season on the line ...
As has been said, I feel like Lyon has been better than most Vic centric media. At least back when I used to watch some of the footy shows, he would bring us up, talk us up when others wouldn't bother. Jono Brown is another, he's also defended academies and our non academy drafting in the past, though obviously a Brisbane man, so he has more insight and empathy for interstate clubs.

Yes & both insufficient intent fees were there. Of course the Victorians are whinging. Hodgie & his mate on SEN having a good whinge

Yes I agree. I'm saying he was right to be chastised for his complaints, and it wasn't just 'commenting on the game' as King said.

Here's how I see the non 50 decision.
I let all my Pie friends know that it should DEFINITELY have been a 50m penalty & that they would have won the game if it was applied and that the Pies would also be in the finals & able to defend their title if it was applied.
It infuriates them & I get a kick out of it.

I also let them know that we are still on top because of the non 50m decision.
It infuriates them more.
I get a bigger kick out of it.

Don't fight it folks. Tell them what they want to hear because they can't do anything about it.
On all matters Macrae, just watch his presser again.
He is battling real hard with himself to bite his tongue so that he doesn't become that person & club that tried so hard to portray a non losers attitude.

But they lost & he lost the press battle as well.......................................and they are losers all round.
Just need to beat Crows by a point with an ambiguous touch call on the siren and our season will be complete.

Yes & both insufficient intent fees were there. Of course the Victorians are whinging. Hodgie & his mate on SEN having a good whinge

I can understand whinging if it was a miskick and got called deliberate. They get called incorrectly quite regularly, and the team has a reason to feel aggrieved.

But the fact that the rule was brought in to prevent the very behaviour that the pies got pinged for just shows that they were trying to find excuses for their loss - which is a loser's mentality @McRae.

They can't be annoyed at getting pinged, because they were 100% trying to get the ball over the boundary. So I guess they don't like the rule, or think they should not be held to the same standard that other teams are held to.

I just don't get it. How can you possibly argue those deliberate decisions when your players chose to knock it out deliberately instead of trying to defend.

13AUG24: Swans Daily Media New
I let all my Pie friends know that it should DEFINITELY have been a 50m penalty & that they would have won the game if it was applied and that the Pies would also be in the finals & able to defend their title if it was applied.

It infuriates them more.

Don't fight it folks. Tell them what they want to hear because they can't do anything about it.
He is battling real hard with himself to bite his tongue so that he doesn't become that person & club that tried so hard to portray a non losers attitude.

But they lost & he lost the press battle as well.......................................and they are losers all round.
Best advice yet - The Premiership of Trolls

It infuriates them more.

I'm sure we could look at the 2022 PF and find a dodgy call to add to that and tell then they would have been back to back to back if it wasn't for dodgy Swans calls

Lyon is missing the point.

Afl tables you can track the biggest swings in margin from one round to next for instance.

Most of the time if you get flogged by 100 plus you don't even win the next week.

It's massive to win after that, not saying we played a brilliant game, f know, but it meant something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl tables you can track the biggest swings in margin from one round to next for instance.

Most of the time if you get flogged by 100 plus you don't even win the next week.

It's massive to win after that, not saying we played a brilliant game, f know, but it meant something.
People can nitpick the way we played, or the Pies' mistakes but you can't look at the way the players and coaches reacted and suggest that game meant nothing.

exactly ... and not only did we win after the 112-point horror, we came from 27 down in the last quarter ... that's gotta take some serious heart ...

People can nitpick the way we played, or the Pies' mistakes but you can't look at the way the players and coaches reacted and suggest that game meant nothing.
That last quarter was so important …. The first three quarters actually don’t matter…for the first time in a number of weeks we go into a game off the momentum from the previous week, as opposed to going into a game scared due to the previous week performance.

I think it makes a massive impact on mindset…

I'm enjoying 360 a bit more this week without Gerard.
Kate has a look about her that reads 'you're an idiot Robbo...lucky they are paying me heaps for this!'.

They are not a good pair-up .. just need to replace Robbo now ;)

I'm enjoying 360 a bit more this week without Gerard.
Kate has a look about her that reads 'you're an idiot Robbo...lucky they are paying me heaps for this!'.

They are not a good pair-up .. just need to replace Robbo now ;)

Yep that is a example of 2 co-hosts who just dont work well together on-air through no fault of their own.

Robbo needs Gerald and vice versa

Hoyney on SEN saying that statistically we have NOT turned the corner. We are not " going", we need to get "going".

Must agree , got there on the efforts of a nucleus of players. Lots of players still down on form.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Yer but losing by 40 and then 112 in successive weeks then 27 down in the 4th against the reigning premier desperate to keep their flag defense alive.

It was bloody grit and toughness to win from that position imo better than our average 6 goal win we were having every week.

We may never be back to how we were performing but we dont really need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back