Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

A win is a win is a win.
I don't care how they come, I don't care if it's papering cracks, I don't care what the media says, a 3 point win has us in a better position than meekly succumbing to being 27 points down.
And I don't give a flying fart in space if it was umpire stuff ups or on the back of a couple of players standing up, we are in a better position than most other teams.

A win is a win is a win.
I don't care how they come, I don't care if it's papering cracks, I don't care what the media says, a 3 point win has us in a better position than meekly succumbing to being 27 points down.
And I don't give a flying fart in space if it was umpire stuff ups or on the back of a couple of players standing up, we are in a better position than most other teams.
Technically, we are in a better position than every team.

Hoyney on SEN saying that statistically we have NOT turned the corner. We are not " going", we need to get "going".

Must agree , got there on the efforts of a nucleus of players. Lots of players still down on form.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
No we haven't at all.
We won that game, pinched it actually, because a star player had a 10 minute purple patch which brought other out of peak form players into the game, like Warner.
This week we play a team who kicked 1.9 in the last quarter.
The Bombers weren't going all that badly statistically.
We can't dish out what we have these last 8 weeks if we are to win. 4 quarters of disciplined footy with high intensity pressure, the a defensive mindset when we lose momentum, is what will get the job done.
Essendon are a great centre clearance team. We get scored against easily once the ball enters our defensive 50.
Fix it coaches.

What did people make of the Nick Blakey "play on" in the Q4 which was called playing on out of play and changed to a throw in? At the very best, this looked an extremely technical decision - but I wasn't sure it was even correct. This is usually called when someone changes direction outside of play and Blakey didn't appear to do that. Indeed, Rampe does exactly the same thing a few moments later.

Could have been a critical decision - certainly much more so than a non 50m call. And another bewildering example from the SCG boundary ump cohort (don't get me started on the Elliott non-call).

What did people make of the Nick Blakey "play on" in the Q4 which was called playing on out of play and changed to a throw in? At the very best, this looked an extremely technical decision - but I wasn't sure it was even correct. This is usually called when someone changes direction outside of play and Blakey didn't appear to do that. Indeed, Rampe does exactly the same thing a few moments later.

Could have been a critical decision - certainly much more so than a non 50m call. And another bewildering example from the SCG boundary ump cohort (don't get me started on the Elliott non-call).
I think it was BS - but I can’t recall seeing a ‘down the line’ shot.

It might have been because he started in the wrong spot, ahead of “the mark” (not technically a mark). Why that became a throw in rather than a reset I’m not sure. When Rampe did similarly a short while later he started where the ball went out.

I think the Blakey call, whether technically correct or not, the marginal 50m penalties not paid to Logan or Isaac, the DOB paid against Fox, the non-call on Elliott out-of-bounds, the blatant scoop up to Lipinski from which he kicked a behind - all examples of decisions that could have been made differently in Sydney’s favour to set against those that could have been paid differently in Collingwood’s favour. Which suggests that what McRae characterised as home crowd advantage was nothing more than the complexity, judgment and imperfection inherent in the umpiring of our sport.

Last edited:
Hoyney on SEN saying that statistically we have NOT turned the corner. We are not " going", we need to get "going".

Must agree , got there on the efforts of a nucleus of players. Lots of players still down on form.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Statistically it makes sense…..one quarter won’t undo 5 weeks of shite. It starts somewhere and that quarter might just have been the trigger.

Brenton Sanderson on SEN this morning didn't pick us .
Someone can get it up no doubt as he's very fair

Rowy just mentioned what i thought as well Longmire treats GF's as just normal games when the buildup is anything but that.

Maybe thats why we are so flat??
Maybe Horse treats it like just anothet game against Port.
Eventually we’ll win one.
He has stated before that premierships are not the only measurement of success.

The Hawks don’t accept GF losses.
That’s why they have a great strike rate. Horse teaches the players that mindset from the start.
Our last premiership was won with players coached & recruited by Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Horse treats it like just anothet game against Port.
Eventually we’ll win one.
He has stated before that premierships are not the only measurement of success.

The Hawks don’t accept GF losses.
That’s why they have a great strike rate. Horse teaches the players that mindset from the start.
Our last premiership was won with players coached & recruited by Roos.
Hawthorn have a great strike rate because they had brilliant lists in the 1980s and from 2008 to 2015. Our win in 2012 was monumental but we needed them to be inaccurate as well.

Hawthorn have a great strike rate because they had brilliant lists in the 1980s and from 2008 to 2015. Our win in 2012 was monumental but we needed them to be inaccurate as well.

Not just that it was basically the perfect game that sort of performance is never repeatable just take a look at the wild snaps from the boundary that Malceski put through :grin: :tearsofjoy:

Rowy just mentioned what i thought as well Longmire treats GF's as just normal games when the buildup is anything but that.

Maybe thats why we are so flat??
I'm always telling non Sydney people this.. Other coaches pull mind games during grand final week and treat the match like football war.. But Horse seems to go about it totally different which generally doesn't work for us.. If we make it this year hopefully he pulls his finger out.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm always telling non Sydney people this.. Other coaches pull mind games during grand final week and treat the match like football war.. But Horse seems to go about it totally different which generally doesn't work for us.. If we make it this year hopefully he pulls his finger out.

3 from 4 should teach him that. Hopefully we find out...

Brenton Sanderson on SEN this morning didn't pick us .
Someone can get it up no doubt as he's very fair
Im with him. Our form is absolutely rubbish. being down by nearly 5 goals with ten minutes to go is an amazing comeback, but shouldnt mask what preceded it. still at least we won last week. so if we start as we finished i give us a good chance. but who knows

Im with him. Our form is absolutely rubbish. being down by nearly 5 goals with ten minutes to go is an amazing comeback, but shouldnt mask what preceded it. still at least we won last week. so if we start as we finished i give us a good chance. but who knows

I think that will continue to be brought up if we drop tomorrow but for last Friday with the circumstances of our last defeats we just had to win.

Trying the same thing and hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity. I bloody hate Longmire for this. The difference between Grand Finals and regular season games is that players are more willing to get reported and try brutish tactics. Our regular season game style doesn't work because it relies too much on players playing fairly to avoid getting rubbed out.

I remember Buddy in an interview saying something along the lines of, "Oh I just tell all the young players just to have fun and enjoy the week (talking about the Grand Final)."

"Have fun." "Enjoy themselves."

This is a ****ing Grand Final. This is do or die shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back