Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Was hoping he stayed in Paris for another decade. I preferred Kath on 360. She doesn't nod as much when Robbo is going off on one of his drunken tangents.
Yeah Robbo was definitely plonked out the other night. I was astounded at how drunk he was. He was controlling his speech very well but it was obvious it was an effort.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Victorian media always have trouble finding anything positive to write about us. Pathetic journalism

2023 Collingwood give away starts & charge to victory late in the game:

“This amazing never-say-die Pie spirit!!!!”

2024 Swans give away starts & charge to victory late in the game:

“Downhill skiers”

“Downhill skiers”
I don’t think she knows what the term means. As far as I’m aware, it means beating lowly opponents big but losing against the top teams

I don’t think she knows what the term means. As far as I’m aware, it means beating lowly opponents big but losing against the top teams

That is exactly what it means. Or only good when everyone else is going well.

Coming back from being 27 points doen is kinda the antithesis of downhill skiiing...

Edit: original was from 3 weeks ago so kinda had a point then

Last edited:

“Downhill skiers”

i'd argue giving away 4-5-goal starts and coming back to win is the exact opposite of what a "downhill skier" is meant to be ... but as has been pointed out previously, it's a stupid expression ... most skiing is downhill, even the very best

Doesn’t look like it to me. 🤷🏻
It looks like they are - the radio boxes are in the Brewongle stand IIRC; you can see when they're calling the Amartey goal, the caller (can't think of his name) is looking to his right (and is using his binocs), which would be correct. For the final throw-in BT is looking slightly to the left, again this is correct when viewing from the Brewongle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. I know you were all missing your BT call and I felt your pain so here you go - you can thank me later

How does Nathan Brown show no reaction or emotion to either the Heeney or Amartey goals? He just sat there. Even Brad Johnson on the SEN call reacted to the Amartey goal.

Lol Footy Furnace - 30 mins talking about Carlton's blowout and how great the Hawks & Cats are...

an entire 7mins on the best final of the weekend.

Who woulda thunk ?! ;)

This coming week of Vic media will be interesting...
No doubt Cats and Hawks plaudits will get the majority fill of airtime as expected, plus picking apart Dogs & Blues.

09SEP24: Swans Daily Media New

Exert from The Tackle:

Harry Cunningham: "Brent Daniels would hate him. That's three times this year Cunningham has Giants play maker. Cunningham is an unsung Swan who has now played 200 games, and this year has kept the likes of Gresham, Weightman, Cameron and now Daniels goalless."

Good breakup on the Sydney vs GWS game - Gerard waxes lyrical on the Sydney Derby Final

Last edited:
I can't say as I agree with you there ML, I'm about 99% certain they were physically there. BT even makes comment about the stand shaking, which it actually would have been with the stamping and jumping up and down etc
Yeah, after seeing the SEN box…I’m softening my position - it’s just their eyes,there’s little to no evidence of them looking up and down the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back