Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the GF again for the first time on screen as part of my ongoing therapy.

With 8:48 mins left in second quarter scores were 26-34 .. anyone's game.
8.5 mins later at halftime it was 27-73 ... that 8 minute 6 goal burst which we've done many a time this year, broke our back. We still had every chance to return serve though in the 3rd & bring it all back..and I still had some small hope then.. we are the bloods after all and have finished so well most of year.

3rd quarter - JJs set shot out on the full (imagine if that went through) and then the stuff-up from Jmac to have it slingshotted for Ah Chee goal.
With 10 min left of 3/4 Heeney goals to bring it back to 1/2 time differential so still miniscule hope lingers.
Warner's crap kick out of centre into our fwd 50 and all downhill from there... Ashcroft goal and nothing else clicked after that. Game definitely over then.

Therapy continues...
After reading that. My stage of grief is back to Anger.
Absolutely pathetic to performance in the second quarter when it was all to play for.

People that hold a balanced view, rather than an unbalanced negative one, aren’t automatically “overly positive”. Perhaps from the perspective of the overly negative, it might seem so given how negative this place and people’s perspectives have become this past week.

In any case, the poster has as much as right to post their view as anyone else. Especially given a more balanced or even mildly positive perspective is currently the minority position here, so calling for others to “give it a rest” is a bit much.
THIS.

Respect each other please. You can disagree all you like but play the ball not the man.

The club is run as a business for the benefit of the football department.

If the football department does not live up to expectations then the business side will cop flak in response, deserved or not.

Here is last year’s annual report, off a quick glance it seems that it is our best position ever. Having the RHI is something that is a huge step up compared to our pre COVID highs.

But I’m sure the accountants on the board would be willing to share their thoughts, paging GotTheGoodes in particular.

Edit: But it appears we lost close to $5 million last season which was related to the move in for RHI. Really interested in this year’s annual report as this will be the first “normal” year since 2019.
Hi,

Thanks for your message.

I am currently away on the long weekend with my family. I will aim to reply upon my return on Tuesday the 8th October.

In the interim, should you have any pressing matters that need attention, please get in touch with my office administrator sataris who should be able to "help".

Regards,
GTG - Director
GTG Accounting & Advisory Group.

After reading that. My stage of grief is back to Anger.
Absolutely pathetic to performance in the second quarter when it was all to play for.

At least you had a break from it..
I don’t think my anger will fully subside until we win another flag. No matter how well we go in 2025 H&A and beyond, I will be going into finals series expecting to be let down at the end again.

I’m so very jealous of all those Lions fans getting to celebrate the premiership win for more than the last 1/4 of the match. That’s exactly what I was expecting we’d be doing.

Never have I felt like this, even in our darkest years during the drought or previous 2 GF thumpings. Guess it’s mainly due to the promise from dwelling on top of ladder most of season and all the high expectations of redemption for 2022. Instead, it’s manifested.

It’s a deep dark hole and it’s one only an ultra-determined special Bloods team can dig themselves (and us) out of.
Our 4 x AAers playing like AAers in a GF will help immensely!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back