Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no to Parker? People acting like he’s become worthless with 0 data to back it up

If you can guarantee he won’t be Hail Mary every kick I’m all ears not convinced. Not completely against him as a forward

Why no to Parker? People acting like he’s become worthless with 0 data to back it up
No-one has said he's worthless.

For me, if he comes in, he has to split between mids and fwd. Adams is the better option this week, with Parker not having played in 7 weeks.

If Mills weren't back in, I wouldn't mind him coming in, but don't really want both coming into a team that looked sluggish and had some costly turnovers.

If it were a wet game where you want someone to get the ball and bang it forward, where pace and ball use doesn't matter as much, he'd almost be first named for me.

No-one has said he's worthless.

For me, if he comes in, he has to split between mids and fwd. Adams is the better option this week, with Parker not having played in 7 weeks.

If Mills weren't back in, I wouldn't mind him coming in, but don't really want both coming into a team that looked sluggish and had some costly turnovers.

If it were a wet game where you want someone to get the ball and bang it forward, where pace and ball use doesn't matter as much, he'd almost be first named for me.
I think he’s been seriously devalued on here.

I think he’s been seriously devalued on here.
By some maybe. For me it's a combination of the break he's had, what he brings (and doesn't) versus alternatives and his VFL form was decent without being dominant. He got a lot of the ball as he does, without being that damaging with it, though did kick a few goals.

If Mills wasn't in as well, I'd have him in this week, split between fwd and mids, have Fox 100% in defence.

Re: Parker as a majority forward.

His strengths are marking, good set shot and very handy at F50 stoppages. For a lead/marking option though, he's replacing Papley or Hayward. If that's who you want to replace, so be it, at least you're replacing like for like somewhat (if a bit slower).

If you want someone, outside of congestion at stoppages, who will run with, chase and corral defenders attempting to rebound or spread, I'm sticking with Wicks, Fox, JJ, even Campbell.

Having him down there part time can be effective as we've seen, defenders or mids following him down there are probably not expecting him as much of a threat as others, aren't used to playing on him or negating his strengths. Stick him there full time, not sure he'll be as effective.

Last edited:
Another thing I'll add is that if we push Fox, one of our hardest workers, out of the 22 after the sluggish displays we've put on, I have no idea what we're doing.

Just stick him in a single role, forward or back, let him go to work. That's when he's been at his best, he's usually not been as effective when coming in as sub.

Same with Campbell, just give him a position (preferably at half fwd).

Last edited:
No more ****ing around Swans, FAST START, PUT SCOREBOARD PRESSURE ON EARLY and get the ****ing job done. If we don't lead at QT by at least 3 goals. Expect an angry email from me on Monday morning!!! Address the issue of the slow start FFS !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope North give us a good game. I want to see this team challenged to see how they respond to pressure.
I want us to flog the campaigners after this week

The one critical difference between the midfield in the past compared to now is Brodie Grundy. Lets see how Parker & the current midfielders perform together before making a judgment whether he's in the best 23 or not.

Parker was a key cog in our midfield in 22 when we made the GF.

I think the argument is that the midfield has worked better in his absence this year. So not 0 data just what’s happened this year compared to last.

We didn't have brodie grundy last year, there's also the natural improvement of the Warner, Gulden & Rowbottom this year. The commentary around here is soo definitive that Parker won't help the midfield without actually basing it on his performance this year.

I'm not saying he'll improve the midfield, it might be worse but lets test it.

I hope North give us a good game. I want to see this team challenged to see how they respond to pressure.

We have been challenged many times through the season we have fallen well short in handling pressure and unable to put any on the opposition the past few weeks.

It has to be something training load related as the drop off has been off the charts ratings of 138 and 152 the past 2 weeks is unheard of.

No more ****ing around Swans, FAST START, PUT SCOREBOARD PRESSURE ON EARLY and get the ****ing job done. If we don't lead at QT by at least 3 goals. Expect an angry email from me on Monday morning!!! Address the issue of the slow start FFS !!!
Rate the melt out of 10 please? 🙏

We didn't have brodie grundy last year, there's also the natural improvement of the Warner, Gulden & Rowbottom this year. The commentary around here is soo definitive that Parker won't help the midfield without actually basing it on his performance this year.

I'm not saying he'll improve the midfield, it might be worse but lets test it.
Valid points it then comes down to getting his chance.

Ins: Parker, Mills, Adams
Outs: Campbell, Roberts, Fox

Sub: Fox
Not sure I'd drop Campbell just as he's getting into form and showed some others how to kick. If anything I'd give him a bigger role. Nor Fox, one of our hardest workers, after a sluggish performance (and who has rarely been effective after coming in as sub).

Though if Mills is down back, and with 1 or 2 of Heeney, Adams and/or Parker having to spend significant time forward, Fox would likely get squeezed out by Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back