Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, will you guys stick with all 3 of McLean, Amartey, McDonald.
Could you consider playing 1 as the sub.
If we're morons, we could (have 1 as sub). Unless you mean go smaller and have one on standby, which we've done once in years.

I think we'll stick with all 3, though I'd maybe rest Amartey for a direct swap with Joel "Plugger" Hamling.

Similar players but change position or different role.

Wicks into mid rotation
Fox back to defence
Campbell into forward 6/7
Lloyd onto the wing
Mills start in forwards 6/7 back can go back
Amartey/McLean have to cover the interceptor (Comben). Ryan(8)/Wilkie (14) allowed to take far too many marks.

Unfortunately Roberts out. Adams stays.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IMO, Adams isn't, and never has been as good a player as Luke Parker. Therefore, I would have Parker in the 22 ahead of Adams. Although I think he could still play a role, probably as a sub like last week.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Campbell out would seemingly make sense for Mills to come in. Parker maybe in for Roberts or else dependent on Heeney, although the lack of noise is certainly disappointing.
Why are we dropping Campbell when he's coming into some form and showed others how to kick, on an abysmal day for some... was one of the positives out of the Saints debacle.

Has nailed some crunching tackles on Freo and Saints player charging forward, something others cbf doing.

Give him a bigger role imo.

Lads fire up? like why do they need Mills for motivation

Having the captain back out on field would - you would hope - improve spirits. Why wouldn't it?

Having the captain back out on field would - you would hope - improve spirits. Why wouldn't it?

If nothing else it would provide a calming influence, might make Chad pull his head in when he's trying to break a million tackles rather than using it smartly

My experience of team sports is that if you have a big inclusion, whether that be your captain, one of the best players or just someone you like having around, it gives you a big lift. I'd imagine Mills has all three of the above criteria covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following from my earlier post on a bigger role for Campbell...

If Gulden starts off kicking poorly, not making good decisions again, I'd give Campbell a crack in his role. Put Errol at half forward or even closer to goal, get him to focus on pressure, creating chances, hopefully kicking a goal or two. If only for a quarter or so. Gives North's defence another thing to worry about, might open up chances for others.

Following from my earlier post on a bigger role for Campbell...

If Gulden starts off kicking poorly, not making good decisions again, I'd give Campbell a crack in his role. Put Errol at half forward or even closer to goal, get him to focus on pressure, creating chances, hopefully kicking a goal or two. If only for a quarter or so. Gives North's defence another thing to worry about, might open up chances for others.

Back Gulden to come good before we go to Campbell playing as a midfielder

How is team selection going to work tonight when we don't know how Heeney's appeal will go? He's technically still a suspended player this week until the appeals board says otherwise...

Can you name a suspended player in your team?
Good question.

From memory im pretty sure they select the player and then they drop out if unsuccessful, much like a late injury

From memory im pretty sure they select the player and then they drop out if unsuccessful, much like a late injury
Either that or don't select him, just withdraw a player tomorrow.

The AFL have to allow it. Even if they somehow didn't, you just make up a stomach bug, or that said player did a Friday sparring session with Konstanty, and say you'll manage his minutes in VFL.

Last edited:
How is team selection going to work tonight when we don't know how Heeney's appeal will go? He's technically still a suspended player this week until the appeals board says otherwise...

Can you name a suspended player in your team?

Think he’s able to be named but obviously withdrawn if the appeal loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back