Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't mention Parker at all and his 2023 number in that statement and it would be dumb to look at Parker's 2023 numbers because they are as a midfielder. However you can look at Parkers previous games as a forward and i can tell you that he is better across the board as a forward than Wicks. Also after 14 games you should atleast be returning to form or else be dropped, you shouldn't just be getting carried in a side when underperforming
I'm out a few drinks deep on a Thursday night and even I remember you bringing up Parker's 2023 Elim final 2nd half as proof he should be in, in other posts this week.

Wicks got up to his pressure numbers from previous years last week btw, which should be relevant given your focus on stats.

I find the notion of team balance interesting this week. Mills was going to be chosen and Parker not, regardless of the Heeney outcome.

I’d assume that means that if Heeney played then he would play more forward, or Mills would play more back.

I am curious how the magnets will be shuffled with Heeney out - does Mills go into the mids, and if so who goes to halfback - or does someone else need to play more forward, and if so who?

Last edited:
Horse is a great coach but one area I think he sometimes struggles is making the right “gut” calls.*

I have no clue in terms of how Parker is tracking in training, but my gut says - particularly with Heeney out - that you let Parker rip and see how he goes. If I am Clarkson, I reckon I am happy not to see Parker take the field.

Phil Gould (rugby league) would often say for the big calls, think about what the opposition wouldn’t want you to do, and do that.

*Examples to my mind are selecting Reid and Mills as injured players in grand finals, not letting midfielders let it rip earlier in their careers (Mitchell, Mills and Heeney) and playing some stars too long (Buddy, Goodes - although this also comes down to the list managers).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flipping Clarko. He always had it over us in big games. Hope he doesn't do it again.
We've managed wins against him recently. And in some big games in the past.

Clarko, and I say this with no (read: significant) malice, can get firetrucked.

I want him to question whether he has ever coached well at all, that's how much I want us to bury North this week.

Meh.
How to watch on Fox Footy: From 1.30pm on Channel 503 with Leigh Montagna, Dermott Brereton, Nick Dal Santo, Alastair Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back