Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the opposite with him, Geelong board whipping boy all year and then their best player over finals.

Has always played well against us, for Port and Geelong. Didn't help that we would usually have either Mackay or Atkins on him *shudders*.

Nothing that ever is a rumour for us comes true. Always the non mentioned that no one knows comes. I don't think we leak at all and media just makes up
But even I could say " I have a source and they said the Crows are sniffing around *insert uncontacted player here* they think they can entice him with a good money offer due to the salary cap squeeze at *insert random club* we also have the draft capital to do so"

If it was interesting enough and people started talking about it here, only a matter of time before a journalist on twitter writes an article about it.

I'm glad the club is prepared to throw some cash around.

However, I am worried we will get to the end of the FA period, panic because we haven't been able to sign any big names, then make a stupid offer to a plodder just to say we signed someone.

If we can't get the right player this year, wait until next year please.

However, I am worried we will get to the end of the FA period, panic because we haven't been able to sign any big names, then make a stupid offer to a plodder just to say we signed someone.

OMG I know the club has made wrong recruiting decisions in the past but the are not PANIC decisions, they are just BAD decisions that were planned

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A very reasonable comment :thumbsu:

I don't think that is the case this year, we have a specific target which is Dawson, if he doesn't work out then I don't see us desperately trying to do a deal for Dumont. The time for us to chase free agents is more likely 2023 than now

Motlop is probably the most outside player in the AFL. Weak as dishwater.
But...
When the ball escapes to the outside, guess who's waiting for the easiest possession? That's right, JJ errr... Motlop.
Personifies the term, "flat track bully". Good teams don't let it escape outside. Game over bully boy...

kicked 3 of 14 in last year's qualifying final against cats in a 16 point win. He's exactly the type that snag a handful out of nowhere.

Can probably prepare for the McAsey back to Melbourne rumours to start up again.
Is it in the media or you’ve heard something?

It does make sense though, we’ve preferred others down back and he’s behind our other young forwards. Just appears too slow.

Luckily he’s contracted otherwise we’d get **** all, but we ain’t getting what we paid for him though.

Is it in the media or you’ve heard something?

It does make sense though, we’ve preferred others down back and he’s behind our other young forwards. Just appears too slow.

Luckily he’s contracted otherwise we’d get fu** all, but we ain’t getting what we paid for him though.
From friends in Melbourne, so if there's whispers going on around there then I imagine it'll end up in the media soon enough.

Can probably prepare for the McAsey back to Melbourne rumours to start up again.
Wouldn't blame him if he wanted out.

Murray and Butts plus Frampton our preferred KPDs

I like him up forward, but he hasn't really progressed beyond raw talent there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From friends in Melbourne, so if there's whispers going on around there then I imagine it'll end up in the media soon enough.
I see it as an opportunity.

There's got to be a decent trade we can work here, even if we need to bring in a 3rd party.

If we can turn McAsey into something like Rankine that would be a win.

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted out.

Murray and Butts plus Frampton our preferred KPDs

I like him up forward, but he hasn't really progressed beyond raw talent there.

Sounded like it was more homesickness than anything else, which I can't totally blame him for given he probably hasn't been able to see his family all season.

Aren't manufactured rumours 99% of the time about uncontracted players? Why would Fisher's name come up when he signed only months ago?

Got to love silly season.

I'm looking forward to seeing a proposed mega trade with 5+ clubs and multiple AAs and top 3 draft picks involved.

Getting real tired of everything we do being leaked. We end up looking stupid when things don’t come off.

Loose lips sink ships.

(also LoL at that Fox article saying “it’s understood Adelaide included a Welcome to Country” before the Roos clash; given Fox broadcast the game, they should bloody well know if it happened or not)

You mean like we do every home game?

I see it as an opportunity.

There's got to be a decent trade we can work here, even if we need to bring in a 3rd party.

If we can turn McAsey into something like Rankine that would be a win.
If we could turn McAsey into anything that resembles an AFL footballer, yeah that would be great.

If we could turn McAsey into anything that resembles an AFL footballer, yeah that would be great.

It would be, but where? Our talls seem rather set at the moment.

McAsey just seems like a square peg for a round hole as a prospect. Though, I suppose Daniel Talia did as well in his early career.

Sounded like it was more homesickness than anything else, which I can't totally blame him for given he probably hasn't been able to see his family all season.
Can't play homesick card when he resigned this year.

I fully understand moving for opportunity though.

It would be, but where? Our talls seem rather set at the moment.

McAsey just seems like a square peg for a round hole as a prospect. Though, I suppose Daniel Talia did as well in his early career.

Maybe I'm not as optimistic on our KPD stocks as some, but I really don't think they're anywhere near set. Butts is clearly the #1 KPD option, but that's based on one good season. We've seen with ROB this year that you don't want to assume a breakout year will necessarily be followed up consistently. Beyond that, it's basically Murray who has shown a bit but is hardly entrenched in the position. I'd be giving McAsey another year, see how he goes with another preseason and some more time to develop, back him in to try and push ahead of Murray. Beyond that it's what... Worrell? The jury is well and truly out there. And Frampton is the break glass option, but I don't really see him as a genuine KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back