Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor kicking isnt much of a problem if you dont have to kick the ball I guess, right?

Poor kicking isnt much of a problem if you dont have to kick the ball I guess, right?

He made a nice pass to Dougy on the weekend at a critical time. I think his kicking is seriously underrated on this board. He has improved a hell of a lot this year in that regard but you never see him do it anyway so it's hard to notice.

He made a nice pass to Dougy on the weekend at a critical time. I think his kicking is seriously underrated on this board. He has improved a hell of a lot this year in that regard but you never see him do it anyway so it's hard to notice.
I did hear his kicking was hindered a fair bit last year buy a niggle... and im still using much of what i saw last year to form my opinion due to a lack of other data, but I guess I havent noticed any horrendous scrubbers (other than at games vs Port :D) so you may well be right on that one.

I did hear his kicking was hindered a fair bit last year buy a niggle... and im still using much of what i saw last year to form my opinion due to a lack of other data, but I guess I havent noticed any horrendous scrubbers (other than at games vs Port :D) so you may well be right on that one.
He had a serious achillies tendon injury during the preseason of 2010/11 and this kept him sidelined for the first 10 odd rounds of the season before getting some ok form with South Adelaide and making his debut with the AFC in the last 5 rounds last year.

This would have hindered his kicking last year and this year, it's really improved.

He had a serious achillies tendon injury during the preseason of 2010/11 and this kept him sidelined for the first 10 odd rounds of the season before getting some ok form with South Adelaide and making his debut with the AFC in the last 5 rounds last year.

This would have hindered his kicking last year and this year, it's really improved.
ah yeah of course... That certainly would have made quite a difference too.

I think it rules him out if the original value (before accepting guilty pleas, etc) is over 100 points.

We had a strange situation a couple of years back where a player didn't get a week off but was still ruled out (over 100 points originally, brought down by the early plea) while another player had a week off but wasn't ruled out (below 100 points originally, brought up by the 20% loading for bad record).

AFL.com.au said:
Greater Western Sydney young gun Jeremy Cameron can escape with a reprimand with an early guilty plea for his strike on Hawk Clinton Young on Sunday, because it was his first offence.

But, because the incident was assessed as level two and worth 125 demerit points, he will be ineligible to win the NAB Rising Star award if he doesn't challenge the sanction at the tribunal and win.

I've seen him live a couple of times and he's super smart with positioning his body and he has great poise. He never panics and it looks like he's always in control. Perfect attributes for a defender. I can't even remember that other w***er who left the team to be overpaid at that crap GWS club...what was his name again? Philamena? Phillis? oh who cares......He should be leading the rising star award but unfortunately playing in SA means you don't get the credit you deserve...GO CROWS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't actually recall a kick of his going over 30 metres, he always seems to pull his kicks to keep them low and direct (and he almost always hits the target). I'd like to see what he can do, kicking long.

He got a big plug on footy classified last night. Hutchy and Lyon seem to think with Cameron likely to be ineligable, hes got one hand on the award already. They listed some of his scalps over the year and it was a pretty impressive list (which we already know). Seems like people are finally starting to notice the big fella.

Fast becoming one of my favourite crows :)

He got a big plug on footy classified last night. Hutchy and Lyon seem to think with Cameron likely to be ineligable, hes got one hand on the award already. They listed some of his scalps over the year and it was a pretty impressive list (which we already know). Seems like people are finally starting to notice the big fella.

Fast becoming one of my favourite crows :)
Yeah saw that, Hutchy seemed to love him, then for one reason or another Carro was trying to down play his efforts and claimed the Crows v Richmond game was in the wet, what was she on about?

Yeah saw that, Hutchy seemed to love him, then for one reason or another Carro was trying to down play his efforts and claimed the Crows v Richmond game was in the wet, what was she on about?

Maybe she was talking about the bath he gave riewoldt. Although, it did rain before the game, but it certainly wasnt soaked like she made it seem. I think she just had her richmond glasses on, looking for any sort of defense to down play the flogging riewoldt got after quarter time.

I cant find a video of the segment, but they certainly gave him a big wrap, even saying hes pretty much the only defender to go stride for stride with saint nick all year

It certainly has. That said, it couldn't have become much worse!! :p But yes, it's improved. He also just has more time this year, which is good.

I don't mind having a Presti-esque defender who just spoils and doesn't let his opponent get a kick, when we have a host of smaller running defenders capable of doing the rebounding.
A well directed spoil to a rebounding defender can be as good as a kick anyway. Certainly quicker.

In regards to the OP Talias' 'career defining game' was when he done a good job on Nick Reiwoldt who spent 3/4 of the first quarter in the rooms and came on and played the game injured. Sought of takes away from his performance IMO.

So that's why he probably doesn't get the love he deserves. But i'm not here to knock him I have watched 5 Adelaide games this year and he has always been serviceable as a defender. He is still young so still has time to take take his game to another level so has every chance to become a very good player.

In regards to the OP Talias' 'career defining game' was when he done a good job on Nick Reiwoldt who spent 3/4 of the first quarter in the rooms and came on and played the game injured. Sought of takes away from his performance IMO.

So that's why he probably doesn't get the love he deserves. But i'm not here to knock him I have watched 5 Adelaide games this year and he has always been serviceable as a defender. He is still young so still has time to take take his game to another level so has every chance to become a very good player.
That wasn't his 'career defining game', we had played 10 rounds before then and Talia was starting to get talked up long before that. I think he got a Golden Fist Award against Sydney when he slaughtered Reid, for example. I wouldn't call his game on Riewoldt the standout performance so far, and he got his nomination for consistency more than anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back