Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
eth-dog Jack Graham (183cm 83kg) would be an excellent selection at 19 if SPP (as I suspect) is not available, he is very clean in tight and has a powerful first few steps out of congestion. Willem Drew (188cm 78kg) is also a very good inside midfielder although he's limited to just that, whilst Tim Taranto can make an impact as a medium forward as well as an inside midfielder (186cm 82kg).

As for the outside mid, Andrew McGrath (180cm 73kg) is not getting the amount of attention I expected. If available he would be an absolute bargain.

I don't think Darcy Cameron would go that high as someone who still has some large deficiencies in his game. Uysal and Ferry can probably be picked up in the rookie draft too. So based on the positions you addressed as needing to be filled I would go with the following.

Pick 8: Todd Marshall
Pick 19: Jack Graham
Pick 30: Andrew McGrath
Pick 37: Willem Drew
Pick 55: Darcy Cameron
Pick 73: Tyler Keitel
Pick 91: Matt Dea

RD

Pick 1: Ozgur Usyal
Pick 19: James Ferry
Pick 37: ???

Still think we lack a quality HBF (especially if Hibberd leaves) and most definitely a good small forward.
If Jordan Gallucci was available at 19 however, would you go the outside mid there and go for Drew/Dylan Clarke at pick 30?

If Jordan Gallucci was available at 19 however, would you go the outside mid there and go for Drew/Dylan Clarke at pick 30?
Jeez that's a tough question. I rate Gallucci very highly and think he's probably the best player of the five. However whilst I'd say Graham and McGrath are very close to him, Drew and Clarke are a bit further back. The dream scenario would be to take Gallucci, Graham and McGrath at 19, 30 and 37 respectively.

Jeez that's a tough question. I rate Gallucci very highly and think he's probably the best player of the five. However whilst I'd say Graham and McGrath are very close to him, Drew and Clarke are a bit further back. The dream scenario would be to take Gallucci, Graham and McGrath at 19, 30 and 37 respectively.
Fair enough. I still think we need that tall and strong inside mid (like SPP) which Graham and McGrath aren't.

eth-dog Jack Graham (183cm 83kg) would be an excellent selection at 19 if SPP (as I suspect) is not available, he is very clean in tight and has a powerful first few steps out of congestion. Willem Drew (188cm 78kg) is also a very good inside midfielder although he's limited to just that, whilst Tim Taranto can make an impact as a medium forward as well as an inside midfielder (186cm 82kg).

As for the outside mid, Andrew McGrath (180cm 73kg) is not getting the amount of attention I expected. If available he would be an absolute bargain.

I don't think Darcy Cameron would go that high as someone who still has some large deficiencies in his game. Uysal and Ferry can probably be picked up in the rookie draft too. So based on the positions you addressed as needing to be filled I would go with the following.

Pick 8: Todd Marshall
Pick 19: Jack Graham
Pick 30: Andrew McGrath
Pick 37: Willem Drew
Pick 55: Darcy Cameron
Pick 73: Tyler Keitel
Pick 91: Matt Dea

RD

Pick 1: Ozgur Usyal
Pick 19: James Ferry
Pick 37: ???

Still think we lack a quality HBF (especially if Hibberd leaves) and most definitely a good small forward.
Hows Tyler Keital been going this year? Sam McLarty could be another to look at

Fair enough. I still think we need that tall and strong inside mid (like SPP) which Graham and McGrath aren't.
Grahams still a strong inside mid who has burst out of the pack. SPP would fit our midfield well though

Graham is a damn beast inside the contest, I'd love to add him to our list. He's only a couple of cm shorter than SPP, they are on similar levels in terms of their inside games. If you want someone that can just consistently win clearances and contested possessions but not much else then Drew is your man.
Hows Tyler Keital been going this year? Sam McLarty could be another to look at
Keitel has been doing very well in the WAFL playing predominantly at CHB. Don't rate McLarty, but that could change with a good championships.

Delist:
Ashby
Edwards
Gwilt
Kommer
Hams (rookie)
Howlett
Pears
Stanton
Cooney
Watson(if he wants to play on thats fine, id prefer he didn't, too slow)

That gives us 9 spots on the main list and 1 spot on the rookie list.(correct me if im wrong)

Targets:
Young Forward: Hogan, McCarthy, Patton, Lobb, Mcstay, Tomlinson, James Stewart, Liam Mcbean. I've likely missed a few, and not all of these players are worth trading for.

Young Key defender. Draft would be ideal, maybe even on the rookie list, feel like we need a project Key defender, as he have Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose and Hartley

Inside mid: Most likely fill this need in the draft, think we need two another two or three on the list, possibly 4 even. Happy to trade for some inside grunt, around 20-24 years old as well, preferably a taller player that can break away from stoppages.

Outside mids, We have Could use an experienced outside mid, but id be happy to draft two or three and focus on the players we have atm.

Drafting Dea would be a good fit for us as well, solid depth.

Edit: Wouldn't be opposed to trying to pry loose Weideman from Melbourne as well.

We are only half way through the season still, but at this point in time i'd like to see;-

These guys we want to sign as a priority;-

Michael Hurley - 3 years
Mitch Brown - 3 years
Michael Hibberd - 3 years
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - 3 years
Michael Hartley - 3 years

Have to offer 2 years++ for these guys;-

Matty Dea - 2 years
Jobe Watson - 2 years
Tom Bellchambers - 2 years
Kyle Langford - 2 years
Jayden Laverde - 2 years

These guys take a year or retire/move on;-

Brent Stanton - 1 year
James Kelly - 1 year
Ben Howlett - 1 year
Tayte Pears- 1 year
Adam Cooney - 1 year
Courtenay Dempsey - 1 year
Martin Gleeson - 1 year
Brendon Goddard - 1 year
James Gwilt - 1 year
Jake Long (rookie)
Gach Nyuon (rookie)
Tom Wallis (rookie)
J.Merrett (rookie)

Dead wood - have to go;-

Patrick Ambrose - delist
Jason Ashby - delist
Shaun Edwards - delist
Nick Kommer - delist
Shaun McKernan - delist
Will Hams - delist
Conor McKenna - delist

+ any other topups - i.e. Bird, Stokes, Jamar etc

Decent clean out, some good draft picks and things can only improve

Dead wood - have to go;-

Patrick Ambrose - delist
Jason Ashby - delist
Shaun Edwards - delist
Nick Kommer - delist
Shaun McKernan - delist
Will Hams - delist
Conor McKenna - delist
Harsh on Ambrose. Has been very solid last few weeks playing back. Improving each week and will provide depth for next year. I think hes worth keeping.

We are only half way through the season still, but at this point in time i'd like to see;-

Michael Hurley - 3 years
Mitch Brown - 3 years

Matty Dea
- 2 years
Jobe Watson - 2 years
Kyle Langford - 2 years
Jayden Laverde - 2 years

Brent Stanton - 1 year
James Kelly - 1 year
Ben Howlett - 1 year
Tayte Pears- 1 year
Adam Cooney - 1 year
Martin Gleeson - 1 year
Brendon Goddard - 1 year
James Gwilt - 1 year
Jake Long (rookie)
Gach Nyuon (rookie)
Tom Wallis (rookie)
J.Merrett (rookie)

Dead wood - have to go;-

Patrick Ambrose - delist
Jason Ashby - delist
Shaun Edwards - delist
Nick Kommer - delist
Shaun McKernan - delist
Will Hams - delist
Conor McKenna - delist

We would have to draft Draft Dea and Jerrett still has a year to go on his contract. Why are we delisting Mckenna?

Michael Hurley - 3 years
Mitch Brown - 3 years

Matty Dea - 2 years
Jobe Watson - 2 years
Kyle Langford - 2 years
Jayden Laverde - 2 years

Brent Stanton - 1 year
James Kelly - 1 year
Ben Howlett - 1 year
Tayte Pears- 1 year
Adam Cooney - 1 year
Martin Gleeson - 1 year
Brendon Goddard - 1 year
James Gwilt - 1 year
Jake Long (rookie)
Gach Nyuon (rookie)
Tom Wallis (rookie)
J.Merrett (rookie)

Dead wood - have to go;-

Patrick Ambrose - delist
Jason Ashby - delist
Shaun Edwards - delist
Nick Kommer - delist
Shaun McKernan - delist
Will Hams - delist
Conor McKenna - delist

Hurley 5 years. Brown, Walla, Hartley 2 years. McKenna will get another contract.

Edit: Wouldn't be opposed to trying to pry loose Weideman from Melbourne as well.

Good call. The demons are building a nice little garrison of tall forwards. Hogan, Weidemann, Mitch King, Max King, Liam Hullett, also have pseudo key forwards like Pederwon, Jack Warts too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halfway point I see us doing:

Delist:

Jason Ashby
Shaun Edwards
Patrick Ambrose
Nick Kommer
Will Hams
James Gwilt
Shaun McKernan

Retire:

Courtenay Dempsey (maybe)
Tayte Pears
Adam Cooney

Trade in:

Dion Prestia + (current) pick 8 for pick 1.
Ben Howlett for (current) pick 30 (West Coast)

Upgrade:

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Leaves us with 7-9 list spots for the senior list and 1-3 rookie spots (not including Category B rookies). What I'd want from those spots are:

2x inside mid, one big bodied
2x outside mid, one mature aged
2x KPD, one mature aged, other project
1x KPF, young
2x ruck, one forward/ruck, other depth mature-aged player
1x small/medium defender

So I'd draft something like:

Pick 8: Todd Marshall (KPF)
Pick 19: Jordan Gallucci
Pick 30: Dylan Clarke
Pick 37: Darcy Cameron
Pick 55: Ozgar Uysal
Pick 73: James Ferry
Pick 91: Matthew Dea

Rookie draft:

Pick 1: Project KPD
Pick 19: mature aged outside mid
Pick 37: mature aged depth ruck

Of course if we can get the mature agers through DFA I'd do that instead.
I don't see anyone giving up pick 30 for Howlett. Yes we got more than expected for Melksham, but Melk at least has age on his side. Howlett is 27 and serviceable, but not that great. I would expect pick 40 - 50 for him.

He's gone with delist 11 and don't sign Dea.

You've gone delist 6 and sign Dea.

He wants us to take 11 picks into the draft. You want us to take 5.

If you can't see the difference in how you've structured your list changes compared to his then I can't help you.
Actually I said delist 8-12. Our lists are very similar.

Actually I said delist 8-12. Our lists are very similar.
Pears, Ambrose, Ashby, Gwilt, Edwards, Kommer have retire/delist next to them.

I might be drunk but that's 6.

We'd be so mad not to go after Travis Cloke.

I'd be mad if we went after T.Cloke

As to the posters above.. if we could turn pick 1 into a young KPF (Marshall, battle) + Prestia I'd be stoked. However until I see something about prestia wanting ess I'm holding off on the excitement.. as far as I'm concerned he wants success..

Delist:
Edwards
Gwilt
Cooney
Dempsey
Kommer
Hams

100%

I'd be mad if we went after T.Cloke

As to the posters above.. if we could turn pick 1 into a young KPF (Marshall, battle) + Prestia I'd be stoked. However until I see something about prestia wanting ess I'm holding off on the excitement.. as far as I'm concerned he wants success..

Delist:
Edwards
Gwilt
Cooney
Dempsey

100%

No way, he would get number 1 defender, frees up Joey, get a young gun forward in, third best defender.

Cloke was a star 5 years ago, he needs a fresh start with new surroundings and people. I have no doubt he will get back to some of his best. He attracts the ball, all he has to do is bring it to ground. Thats all we need, a contest.

No way, he would get number 1 defender, frees up Joey, get a young gun forward in, third best defender.

Cloke was a star 5 years ago, he needs a fresh start with new surroundings and people. I have no doubt he will get back to some of his best. He attracts the ball, all he has to do is bring it to ground. Thats all we need, a contest.

please. don't do this to me. i have stood by quietly with gwilt/cooney for the most part but please don't give me another dud on his last legs PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back